“Over night visit”

Best Western Merrimack Valley
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Haverhill
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I were on our way to Maine for a two week vacation when we stayed for one night at this Best Western. The hotel is showing its age and is in need of some fresh air. This is a nonsmoking hotel; however, the smell of cigarette smoke lingered in the air. The carpeting both in the room and in the hall should be replaced as quickly as possible. Only one of two key cards worked and we bought the wrong one with us when we went out for dinner. We had to return down a long hall way to reach a house phone, eventually a new key was given to us so that we could reenter the room. We had a good time at a nearby restaurant, the 99, and would recommend that you try it. On our trip home we chose a different hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Happygrandma20,

Thank you for your recent review. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced while with us. We are indeed a 100% non smoking hotel and often we do have the ocassional guest who surpasses that policy. We do have a great housekeeping staff, so I suspect your sensitivity to the smell may be higher than mine. Please check back with us as we are preparing to "freshen" up our hotel in the next year or so.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Merrimack Valley

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here for the first night after flying in to Boston airport. The hotel was easy to find, clean and had a good size swimming pool and fitness centre. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was incredible!
Would recommend to stay at.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear CharlotteEd87,

Thank you very much for the great feedback! I love seeing "Brilliant Hotel and Excellent Value" as your heading as we truly strive for both! We are priced very competitively with the area, and our staff is always on top of making sure to offer the best available price to our guests. We hope to see you again soon as we are a great stop for the fall foliage season!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 28, 2013

It is an older hotel, but they keep it clean which is the best. The pool was an added bonus, and the breakfast was awesome for us and the kids. Close to everything. We originally got the hotel just to sleep, but with a really rainy day we had to use the pool facility to keep the kids happy. And happy they were. The pool was clean and a lot of indoor fun. The whole place was clean. It was a nice job by all the staff to keep up the clean atmosphere. We will probably stay there again in the future, and we would reccommend it to other families. Close to a number of great restaurants near bye, including Olivia's Italian Restaurant

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
General M, General Manager at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear recent guest,

I am so happy to hear your vacation went great! It is good to hear that our services and hotel facilities met your needs. We are very close to many local Haverhill establishments, including Olivia's. We will be sure to continue to recommend to all of our guests. Have a great upcoming Fall season.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed at the Haverhill Best Western while in the area for a quick weekend to myself....I had actually made another reservation at another BW (I'm a loyalty member) but decided Haverhill was closer to what I wanted to do. I found the rate much lower than my other reservation which was pleasant considering it was the summer peak season...I had an idea that it would probably be older building due to the price....and it was. But the staff were very polite and helpful, and it is obvious that a lot of care still goes into the place even with its age. The room was a bit small but still comfortable and not crowded...the bed a bit firm but definitely comfortable.....and the bathroom was immaculate. The morning breakfast was just ok....but in fairness I got there very late and I believe I got the tail end of what was being served....overall I was very happy with the stay....it was what I expected and definitely nice for the value cost of the room.....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Greetings Anthony T,

On behalf of the entire staff, thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that your stay was pleasant. Although a bit older of a building, the team does a terrific job keeping up with the cleanliness and condition. I appreciate your continued loyalty to Best Western Hotels. Please come back and check out our new loyalty recognition program we have in place for our Rewards Members!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have recently stay at the best western in Haverhill mass, with my boyfriend. Every staff member was extremely nice and welcoming, especially Tanya Marie Murphy, she answered all of our questions and was quite knowledgeable about everything! Also I really respect the fact that they have active military discount seeing that my boyfriend is active military!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Greetings Kristen S,

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our staff, especially Tanya! We really do appreciate our Military guests. We love to provide a Military discount, so please call again to inquire about this rate @ 978-373-1511.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The outside of this motel was certainly made enhancing with all the hanging ivy geraniums along with the over 6 foot white petunia towers surronding the entries. The front desk personnel, both checking in and checking out were exceptionally freindly and helpful. The room itself was large and clean with all working amenties making for a pleasant stay. The halls and the elevator floors could have used some cleaning due to trash left by travelers. The breakfast in the morning was good and kept filled by a very nice lady employee. I would stay here again if in the area.This motel is pet freindly, so if you have an allergy to pet's, find a different motel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Greetings EF F,

Thank you very much for your review! We have had so many compliments about our flower towers! The staff who have kept up watering these all summer have done a terrific job! We work very hard to provide guests with exceptional service. I will let the breakfast attendant know of your praise! Please contact the hotel directly next time you are interesting in booking with us @ 978-373-1511. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The motel is like most other motels that have an indoor pool and are designed to attract travelers looking for low cost accommodations. The value is good and the hotel provides most of the amenities you need - there is food, shopping and a pharmacy very close by. The breakfast, which is included is both hot and cold with coffee to go. If basic is what you are looking for this is as good as many.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings Ray K,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I am happy to hear your stay met your needs. In this day and age, hotel chains are very competitive with one another. I am happy to hear we have everything to suit a travelers needs when staying in the Merrimack Valley. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Haverhill
Hampton Inn Haverhill
#1 of 4 in Salem
Fairfield Inn Amesbury
Fairfield Inn Amesbury
#2 of 2 in Amesbury

Been to Best Western Merrimack Valley? Share your experiences!