“Excellent stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great value, location, and staff! My husband and I drove 18 hours with our 6 month old son so when we arrived we were exhausted! We were greeted by a very friendly Tanya who checked us in quickly so we could finally relax and rest! We had a great stay and the staff was accommodating, friendly and extremely helpful our entire stay! Tanya even recommended several restaurants that we are dying to go back to!! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
General M, Director of Sales at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Meg K,

Thank you for choosing Best Western Plus for your most recent trip to New England. We are very happy to hear you had such a wonderful stay and you got to experience our local cuisine while in town. Our desk staff is always available to give recommendations on the local area. We look forward to have you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've been staying in this hotel for 11 years as my hotel local business choice. Although General Managers, & staff changes, the consistency in cleanliness, service, terrific staff attitudes, friendliness, value is second to none... for this location. I say this with respect to the hotel industry inwhich I served as a manager & executive for Four Seasons hotel properties & Mirage Resorts in Las Vegas. I use this hotel for my international business clients from Canada, Europe, & the Middle East.

This is why I have a business account at this property for now... 11 years & counting.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Bighue,

Thank you for your loyalty to Best Western we appreciate your business!! We strive to achieve excellent service and cleanliness and are pleased that you have encountered this over the years.
ridegefield
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Ditto on all the run-down, smelling bad, bad area, very shady clientele reviews already listed here.(a young woman actually threatened a few of our girls with 'a beating' while they were walking through the hall and they viewed the girl and her male friend in a heated argument)
We were booked here with a summer sports team for my daughter. We stayed with the team and that is the only reason I stayed after seeing the motel. I should have not stayed.
A few days after coming home, my daughter noticed a bug on her leg just after getting up in the morning. We had never seen a bed bug before and she didn't know what it was flushed and thought no more of it. - 2 weeks later I saw another one of these bugs and researched - it was a bed bug.
Long story short - hadn't been away any where for months and months before - no sleepovers - no visitors to our home and no one in my daughter's room since. The only place we could've brought these home from is the Best Western "plus". They were located in our home on the bookcase where she hangs her overnight bag and also in one corner of her bed.
Called to report to the management. - very nice young man but I knew they would never admit to bed bugs. He let me know next day they had the room checked thoroughly and none found. Of course.
Bed bugs were contained in my daughters room with no evidence of this having been a long term problem - in fact the bug sniffing dog team that came and the actual exterminator confirmed there was no evidence of the bugs being here for any length of time at all. Seeing the actual bugs but no fecal drops- they found a couple more bugs as they treated the room. I had found several more on the floor and in the bed just before they came.
So - this 'reasonable' room has cost me approximately $3,400 in the past 3 days. Best Western will not refund 200+ we paid for the room. I have contacted the Haverhill Health department and when I asked if they needed the address they said " Oh, no, we know it."
I warn you to either check thoroughly before putting your things down in any room or pass this town and go tho another for lodging.
The only positive thing I can say about this hotel is about the management during our stay. He was very accommodating of certain requests the team made and very nice. Unfortunately he works in a hotel that has bedbugs that doesn't remedy the situation properly.

1 Thank betsdeb
General M, Director of Sales at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Betsdeb,

I am sorry you are frustrated. We work very hard to provide guests exceptional cleanliness. In this day and age unfortunately bed bugs are part of our industry. As discussed with our General Manager, the room was found to have NO bed bug activity. Also, your report stated a week or two after your stay was your first sighting, this is not typically the case should bed bugs be tracked from one location to the other. Again, we do apologize to you and your family to have to go through this.

Travelers are raving about these Haverhill hotels

Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was our first Best Western experience. Arrived late at night. Even managed to get some discount at front desk! Receptionist was so helpful. Room was clean and adequate to 4 of us (2 adults, 2 children). Price-performance rate is one of the best in BW chain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
General M, Director of Sales at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Hello SasaPeric,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at Best Western Plus in Haverhill. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience for your first time at Best Western. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you stay with us again next time you are in the area.
Rhinebeck, NY, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel was clean, comfortable and convenient . It was right on the detour we had to take to get to family we were visiting. The staff was not just helpful, but friendly. And before our trip when I was choosing a hotel, no one else could beat BW's reasonable rates.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

General M, Director of Sales at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hello Karen S,

Thank you for you recent review. It is nice to see that you recognize our staff as Best Western strives to achieve excellent guest service. We hope you signed up for Best Western Rewards to save on your next stay. If you have any questions please give us a call at the hotel.
Bethlehem, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is an outdated hotel and needs to be rennovated! The room was uninviting....hot and stuffy, smelled like trying to coverup stale cigarette smoke, water pressure in shower was bad, tub was stained, holes in bedspread, hallways were hot and some areas smelled bad, carpets stained, my bed was only half made when my room was serviced, breakfast was minimal and not that good...should I go on? Would only stay here if it was one night and passing through and got a great rate. Sorry!!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

General M, General Manager at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Greetings Bette,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize your stay was not as you expected. Certainly I would like to discuss your stay with you personally. I do understand you stayed with us during a record breaking period of summer for this area, but nevertheless, please contact me directly at dana@bwmerrimackvalley.com.

Best,

Dana
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I thought the staff was amazing they were always smiling and always courteous. I also enjoyed the breakfast with a waffle maker what else do you need?! I will be staying and would absolutely recommend for a friend or family members to stay. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Murph12327
General M, General Manager at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We are so happy you enjoyed your time here in Merrimack Valley! We really strive on customer service and it is so good to see your appreciation towards that. We look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haverhill
Hampton Inn Haverhill
#1 of 4 in Salem
Fairfield Inn Amesbury
Fairfield Inn Amesbury
#2 of 2 in Amesbury

Been to Best Western Merrimack Valley? Share your experiences!