“Nice, clean and reasonable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Best Western Merrimack Valley
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Haverhill
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brossard, Canada
“Nice, clean and reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

First time we stay in Haverhill, Mass and first time at a Best Western. Location is amazing if you like to shop, good choice of restaurants. The front desk was OK, not overly welcoming but when I checked out the manager was there and was very interested in my stay and my return. The room was very large and very nice. The bathroom showed a bit of wear and tear but none the less was clean. The breakfast was complimentary and was pretty good. Will most likely return.

Room Tip: We were lucky to have a room on the main floor, friends of ours ended up in a very nice room but loc...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
General M, General Manager at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear recent guest,

We are happy to see your first visit to Haverhill was enjoyable! We certainly have a great location being located across from restaurants, shopping, and a grocery/liquor store. I certainly want to apologize for the not so welcome feeling from the front desk. I am confident that we will exceed your expectations on your next visit! We strive to form relationships as our business revolves around new customers wanting to come back! Just a heads up we do plan on renovating all of our bathrooms so please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any future reservation needs @ dana@bwmerrimackvalley.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
new jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel has lots of potential- the breakfast is outstanding, the pool and hot tub were great, the staff is friendly, the rooms are spacious, but the room wasn't clean which is a big issue in my book. Upon check-in there was a dead roach on the counter and we found a live one in the bathroom on the second day of our trip, there were blood spots on the tile in the bathroom, hair in the shower, crumbs on the floor. It was as if our room wasn't cleaned before we checked in which I don't understand as the maids were in some rooms near us cleaning at 8 am on a weekend!! The other major issue was that the wi-fi did not work the entire time we were there and this was a huge issue for me as I had schoolwork to complete online. I had to end up sitting in mcdonald's across the street to get it done. When we called to ask about it we were told "no one else has complained about it" and that they would reset the router. Also I was under the impression that it was a smoke-free hotel, but the hallways smelled like pure smoke. We will probably look for a different place to stay next time we visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank embermoon79
General M, General Manager at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear recent guest,

thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback! I am very happy to hear many positive remarks about your stay, and indeed we truly strive to provide excellent service and ammenities. I would like to have an opportunity to discuss any inconveniences you may have incurred especially with the room condition. I am certainly on top of this and would like to relay any information once I discuss with my staff. In regards to the Wireless Internet, I am currently seeking additional support to find a solution to the wireless as this is very important to all of our guests. Please contact me at dana@bwmerrimackvalley.com or call 978-373-1511. Have a great Holiday!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

The only problem was that the toilet didn't work properly the morning after I checked in. This is where I stay whenever I am in town. It was also a nice place to stay when it was called just Best Western, and maybe a little less expensive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

General M, General Manager at Best Western Merrimack Valley, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Sandra,
Thanks for providing your feedback while staying with us! I am happy to see we were able to provide you and your family a comfortable stay on Thanksgiving! We do offer competitive rates with the area and certainly hold firm to Best Western's Best Rate Available. I invite you to contact me or any one of our front desk team leaders next time you are in the area so that we can assist you with the best possible rate. Thanks again!
Westchester County, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

It's a nice hotel, the room was fine, and it was quiet. Also a nice pool and whirlpool.
Negatives were: Wi-Fi didn't work in our room, nor in the one we changed to!
The breakfast room was difficult to access from our room. Also one had to negotiate stairs to get to the room. Staff tried to help with the Wi-Fi problem by asking me to deal with a telephone service center. This was unacceptable, as the staff of the hotel should have dealt with it! Lots of frustration over this.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear recent guest,

thanks for staying with us! We are glad you enjoyed your visit despite the wireless internet. Because of your response we took initiative and called in our IT Company to come and take a look at our access points. I personally ran a test with our internet provider which came out normal but we certainly want to make sure we are not missing anything. Please feel free to contact me directly dana@bwmerrimackvalley.com should you need assistance with future reservations.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Was here for two weeks on business. The room was very spacious and clean. Great hot breakfast in the mornings. Indoor pool and gym. Grocery store across the street and drugstore next door. Only bad thing was we discovered a small amount of money we left out one day was missing when we returned that night. Use the safe or take valuables with you.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear recent Guest,

Thanks for providing your feedback about your stay! My apologies for not responding to you soon as I have recently joined the team at Best Western Merrimack Valley! We are located right off the highway on 495 and an excellent location being close to restaurants, shopping, and a food market. I would like to discuss your findings in your room and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at dana@bwmerrimackvalley.com.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Not really sure where the "plus" part of this hotel came in. For the pros....the room was clean and the staff was polite and courteous. The cons.... the refrigerator made a loud clicking sound the entire time and the room had very limited hot water. Also the breakfast hours end at 9:30 which we found rather inconvenient. In other words there is nothing majorly wrong with this hotel and its perfectly fine for a short stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tim,

Thanks for your feedback! We recently became a PLUS within the Best Western Family and are excited with some of the changes which we will be doing over the next months. I am happy to see the overall stay was good and I assure you our staff want to make sure you are happy whenever you visit. I will be looking at our breakfast hours as we have times which vary from weekday to weekend but surely our weekend hours are until 10:30. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly dana@bwmerrimackvalley.com should you have any comments or concerns. Thanks!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

My family recently stayed here over night for a cheer competition the next day in close proximity. Booked the room through priceline and had no problems at check in. The room was surprisingly larger than expected and very clean. The beds were incredibly comfortable. The complimentary continental breakfast the next morning was great with a large variety from eggs, bacon and waffles to cereal, bagels,muffins fruit, toast and yogurt. Orange juice, apple juice, milk, tea and coffee to drink. The one sore spot was the key card wasn't working at first at the room. I called the desk and was told someone would come down but nobody came. In the mean time I got the card to work. I would definately stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haverhill
Hampton Inn Haverhill
#3 of 4 in Salem
Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA
Hampton Inn by Hilton Amesbury
Fairfield Inn Amesbury

Been to Best Western Merrimack Valley? Share your experiences!