too stayed at this hotel for a hockey tournament. The hallways had an odour and it appeared that they used "fragrances" of some sort to diguise it but the "frangrances" were strong and very hard on people sensitive to smells. I checked my room (which I always do) for bedbugs and did not see any sign. When we got word that bedbugs were found (I saw the two bugs in a jar) everyone from all of the teams checked their rooms and there was no signs of bedbugs. The two bugs were transluscent in colour and looked too large to be a bedbug. I understand they are brown (unless babies which would be much smaller than what I saw). Bedbugs can hide behind wallpaper - the bug I saw could not hide behind wallpaper. I spoke to the Manager at the front desk (he was helpful) and asked if he could confirm if bedbugs were found and whether there have been any bedbugs and he indicated no it was not a bedbug. He indicated they take precautions and is specialized in identifying such bugs. They also do treatments twice weekly to keep such bugs away.
While the hotel was not one of the nicest ones I have visited and the pool was dirty and the halls were musty smelling (with a strong fragrance throughout the mask the smell) the mattresses and sheets were clean. Only one case of so called bedbugs were found and to me (and confirmed by the Manager) they were not bedbugs. It was noted that it was a carpet mite.
I have to trust that in fact it was not a bedbug as once this gets out the reputation of any hotel is compromised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Best Western Merrimack Valley, located off Interstate 495 in Haverhill, Massachusetts. This Merrimack Valley area hotel is conveniently close to Canobie Lake Park, the Salisbury State Reservation, Hampton Beach and the Salem Witch Museums. The Best Western Merrimack Valley offers spaciously appointed guest rooms, each featuring a microwave, refrigerator, cable satellite television and free high-speed Internet access. This New England hotel serves a complimentary breakfast each morning. Additional amenities include a fitness center, an indoor heated swimming pool, hot tub, guest laundry and full business services. Pets are welcome. This Haverhill hotel is close to many area attractions including the Budweiser(R) Brewery, New Hampshire and Northern Massachusetts ski areas, the Strawbery Banke Museum in Portsmouth, and the USS Constitution in Charlestown. Guests will also be close to attractions such as Merrimack College, the University of Massachusetts Lowell Campus, the Freedom Trail and the Boston Science Museum. Corporate travelers will appreciate convenient access to the Ward Hill Business Park, Osgood Landing, Raytheon and Cisco Systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Best Western, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Merrimack Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Merrimack Valley Hotel Haverhill
- Best Western Hotel Haverhill
- Best Western Haverhill
- Haverhill Best Western