We recently stayed here only because our grand son's hockey team was. Our room was okay, but we did not find the hotel very clean. The carpets in the hallways are soiled and the the girl at the front desk is not friendly.
The worst part of our stay was that we were awoken at 2am in the morning by a caller suggesting they were the front desk. The caller said "the computer had crashed and they needed our credit card number". Obviously, we did not give it to them, but they called 2 more times. This ruined our sleep and made us feel very uncomfortable and unsafe. Our theory is this hotel is being cased.
There are people living in the hotel, which makes it feel like low income housing. We feel one of these "tenants" are related to the 2am call. How did they know grand parents were staying in that room? They knew because they saw us enter the room and had hoped they could take advantage of us.
One of the kids on the team also had their gear stolen and had to miss a game. How sad!
It is certainly not worth the price tag either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Best Western Merrimack Valley, located off Interstate 495 in Haverhill, Massachusetts. This Merrimack Valley area hotel is conveniently close to Canobie Lake Park, the Salisbury State Reservation, Hampton Beach and the Salem Witch Museums. The Best Western Merrimack Valley offers spaciously appointed guest rooms, each featuring a microwave, refrigerator, cable satellite television and free high-speed Internet access. This New England hotel serves a complimentary breakfast each morning. Additional amenities include a fitness center, an indoor heated swimming pool, hot tub, guest laundry and full business services. Pets are welcome. This Haverhill hotel is close to many area attractions including the Budweiser(R) Brewery, New Hampshire and Northern Massachusetts ski areas, the Strawbery Banke Museum in Portsmouth, and the USS Constitution in Charlestown. Guests will also be close to attractions such as Merrimack College, the University of Massachusetts Lowell Campus, the Freedom Trail and the Boston Science Museum. Corporate travelers will appreciate convenient access to the Ward Hill Business Park, Osgood Landing, Raytheon and Cisco Systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Best Western, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Merrimack Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Merrimack Valley Hotel Haverhill
- Best Western Hotel Haverhill
- Best Western Haverhill
- Haverhill Best Western