“A Little Gem”
Review of Royal India - CLOSED

Royal India
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Tucked in a small spot on Merrimac Street in downtown Haverhill is a truly delightful restaurant featuring authentic Indian and Himalayan cuisine. A friend and I discovered it this past week-end. Lovely tables with gleamingly spotless settings prepare your senses for a lovely array of dishes at extremely reasonable prices served--at least the night I was there--by a solicitous and welcoming staff with freshly cooked food without any discernable additives to interfere with the wonderful spices that the chef applies with a delicate touch. A nice range of dishes, from appetizers and vegan to kebabs and seafood, as well as traditional favorites and the best naan I've ever tasted all served either in-house or take-out as well as offering delivery. Not at all expensive but an elegant ambience surprises the patron considering that it also offers such a variety of services. Open 7 days a week from about 11AM to 9:30 or 10PM. You must check it out; your palate will thank you.

1  Thank Alnessa
There are newer reviews for Royal India

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was looking for a place close to me where I could try Indian food for my first time. The waiter was very polite and very helpful at introducing me to the cuisine. They don't just have plain old Indian food either. They have Northern Indian dishes, Himalayan dishes, and Nepali dishes too. So far, everything i've tried is delicious and everyone i've taken has fell in love with their food as well. The inside decor isn't very hip or anything but it's very clean and the smell of the food drags you in, as soon as you open the door. Prices are reasonable. The best time to go is during lunch hours if you want to save some money. The meal portions are pretty big. If you get their delicious naan bread, you'll definitely have to save the rest of your meal for later. All in all this is my favorite restaurant now, and I hope it stays in business for the rest of my life.