“great little find”

Dining options: Reservations
boston
“great little find”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've been to Olivia's several times and always have a good meal there. The service is fine, expect a wait to be seated on the weekends but have cocktail at the bar while waiting.

Visited January 2013

East Hampstead, New Hampshire
“A good choice every time”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

After doing a lot of errands we decided to head to Olivia's knowing that we would have a wonderful meal. Olivia's has a wonderful menu and there is something on it for everyone. My husband chose Veal Parm and I chose Seafood Alfredo. The Veal Parm apparently was delicious as my husband ate the whole meal. My Seafood Alfredo was perhaps the most flavorful Alfredo sauce I have ever had. The dish not only had the standard shrimp and scallops, it also consisted of crabmeat and mussels. It was wonderful and a choice I would make in the future. Olivia's is located in an old rehabbed factory building and has the beautiful brick walls. The restaurant is decorated very warmly. This is a lovely restaurant and I would recommend it to everyone. Prices are standard and the service was great.

• Visited February 2013
Merrimac, Massachusetts
“Sweet Sea Bass”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We've been going to Olivia's for years. Small and friendly. Had a great Sea Bass and Shrimp Fra Diavlo the other night and it was great. Try the Osso Bucco if you want something hearty.

Visited February 2013
Salem, NH
“Baby Shower”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had my daughter's baby shower at Olivia's in November of 2012. The management was most helpful in planning, preparation, set-up, and execution. We had 50 guests and were able to offer them a choice of meat, fish, or Italian. Food was excellent and price per person was reasonable. My daughter was thrilled and many of our guests commented on how good the food was.

Visited November 2012
Groveland, Massachusetts
“This is where to go”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I get asked quite often where to go for a unique dining experience in Haverhill. There are a lot of good choices in the newly rejuvenated downtown. I think Olivia's is at the top of the list now. To start your meal, I recommend the Caprese salad. It is done in a unique manner. The salad is served atop some fresh baked bread, presumably from their flatbread oven next door at Krueger. Then they drizzle it with their special balsamic blend. The entrees are all good and very large. Often you will leave with another meal or two. They always have specials that range from traditional Italian to new Italian. The last time there I had a baked ziti with sausage that was a great special. My date had the eggplant parm that was delicious and as big as her head. The specialty breads they serve are also quite good. They always have a list specialized seasonal drinks that range from bizarre martinis to festive margaritas. I recommed saving some room for dessert and a lemoncello. Since the new parking garage has gone up, it is so much easier to park at the restaurant which abuts the commuter rail station. It cost me $1. to park there for 2 hours last time and the walk was less than 2 minutes. The next time you are at a loss as to where to dine in Haverhill, or in the Merrimack Valley in general, give Olivia's a shot. I do not think you will be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012