“Don't take a chance”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hatfield
Boston, Massachusetts
“Don't take a chance”
Reviewed August 21, 2008

I've never stayed at this hotel but I've been here several times...in response to complaints of domestic batterers, drunks, druggies, ladies of the night, disturbers of the peace, etc. Some of the rooms are long term rentals. If cleanliness is a virtue to you, as I assume it is as you are checking this site, stay away.

Stayed August 2008
8 Thank Massman4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2008

I wish I could've given it zero little yellow circles.

Okay, story time: My family and I are from FL and frequently take vacations to MA, as that's where the majority of our extended family lives. I was personally born in Northampton and my parents lived there for a spell, plus the town is wonderful, so it's always needs a visit.

My father booked this hotel a couple days before, based off of cheap rates and that one online review that gives it a 4/5 (completely insane) and mentions, and I quote, "lots of ants in the bathroom" (complete understatement). DO NOT PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THIS TORTURE. The bathroom had spiders and ants galore, plus a live-in cockroach in the shower area. The whole room smelled awful. I wasn't about to sleep under those sheets, so I simply slept on the bed with my own personal blanket. The walls disgusting, with many fixes and nasty corners. The entire motel is run-down to a crazy extent.

I wish I could say location was a bonus, but I KNOW there are better (with great deals) in the same area. I would've honestly rather commuted from Amherst or Springfield.

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — Everything.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ansbff4eva

Travelers are raving about these Hatfield hotels

California
Reviewed September 8, 2006

I was wondering when I arrived why there was not one single other car at this motel....but i soon found out. The first room i looked at had one gigantic lobsided bed. It was falling apart...disgusting smell, the lights didn't really work and I was scared to touch anything. I refused that room and saw a second one which only had one hanging lamp for the entire room and a rickedy old bureau i was afraid would fall apart. I finally agreed to stay in a room taht was the better of the three although there was a tv hanging over the bed and it looked like a storage room for old moldy furniture with the smell to go with it. The toilet randomly gurgles loudly and flushes....most likely home to the real Moaning Myrtle. Stay away...this place is a toxic dumpsite.

• Liked — Nothing to like...it was close to where I needed to go.
  • Disliked — Everything was disgusting.
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go there.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank VacationVinny
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed September 6, 2006

We were on a 10 day New England trip with some planned stops with reservations and some "let's grab a place at the last minute" stops. There were no hotels available in Northampton, MA, so we grabbed a phone book and started calling around. The Scottish Inn was all we could find. $65 per night. As we were only traveling through and needed 1 night stay-- we decided to go for it. It is cheap and you get what you pay for. The air is stale (luckily we had some travel candles we lit) which helped. There was a small dorm fridge, but it wasnt plugged in and when opened was all moldy. The bed sheets were clean (as far as I could tell) but I wasnt so sure about the carpets. The bathroom was small and the linolium flooring was coming undone. We didnt use the shower as it was kinda dirty-- and just decided that we would shower once we got to our next hotel (a B&B we had already booked). Only for the brave (or very cheap).

Stayed August 2006
2 Thank Clemens-gal
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 30, 2005

The motel is horrible - unclean bathrooms, torn carpet, bedsheet. I didnt check the review comments of others before I booked it online.

This motel has to be taken down from the online websites.

Stinking rooms and cracked ( literally) walls. I think it is waiting to fall down.

• Stayed October 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Princeton
Reviewed July 19, 2005

Stay away! Not clean, on-line description deceiving-you could not pay me to stay there again. Cinder block bathroom with worn towels; torn up carpet, air smelled bad in room

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank hotwings
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatfield
Econo Lodge Hadley
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Northampton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield Northampton/Amherst
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst

Been to Scottish Inns Hatfield? Share your experiences!