“Mixed Review”

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Mixed Review”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Good food and lots of draughr beer. Full sports bar on one side and a nice dining area on the other. Unfortunately their table management is awful! They constantly overbook and then can't keep up. This could be a top ten place if they could manage a litlle better.
We have been there 3 or 4 times, the last being Fathers Day and we had reservations. I wish I could say the service issue was a fluke, but this seems a constant.

• Visited June 2014

Massachusetts
“Don't eat here”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had a gift card. I made reservations for 4:00 on Father's Day, thinking it would be a slow time and we would stand a better chance of decent service, shorter wait times, and more focus on the food. There were only two parties when we arrived. Nevertheless, it took 45 minutes for our appetizers to arrive. The calamari was badly undercooked, with very light-colored, pasty batter - not crispy at all. The fried asparagus was weird. I could not taste any asparagus flavor. For my entree, I had the stuffed haddock. Big mistake - dry, overcooked fish underneath a pile of greasy stuffing, topped by a 'lobster sauce.' Not a hint of lobster. The dish was a big mess. My husband had the triple lobster special, great price at $19.99. Cold, tough, overcooked lobster with melted 'butter' that wasn't butter. It came with no sides at all. The waitress was very low-key, which I like, and when she forgot my salad she put it up to go. She was the best part of the otherwise lousy experience.
People were piling in as we were leaving - with the wait time and food quality we experienced when it was slow, I bet it got REALLY ugly by 6:30, 7:00.
My advice? Cook at home - or go elsewhere

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank tatwood
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“good food good prices great people (wait and all staff)”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

better half and i have eaten here several times she pick this place for mother's day my brother is here from Lexington KY and ask to go here again because of the great sea food (can't get it at home) this place is a down earth restaurant no fancy table cloths glasses silverware just good food good price's and great staff (all staff)

Los Angeles, California
“Fabulous Experience- Not just for Seafood”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Since it's new management took over, this restaurant has become one of our favorite places. Service is great and the food fresh. I really like the grilled salmon-delicious. The dinners come with all the sides- soup or salad, potatoes, vegetables, and rolls. Besides seafood, they have a varied menu with pizza, sandwiches, steak, and pasta. The wine list is pretty good and they have a full bar.

1 Thank Barbara K
“STAY AWAY!!!! Not so Happy Mothers Day!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Went for lunch on Mother's Day .. Ordered simple appetizers .. Salad,fries,stuffed mushrooms and a cup of clam chowder. The mushrooms came out in ten minutes and were cold in the middle.. Well after that our server never came back with the rest of our food!! Needless to say 45 minutes later we asked for the chk .. Then the woman bussing tables informed us that our food was sitting out in the kitchen for at least 20 minutes!! We complained but management never came to our table and we got a bill for the mushrooms and 2 drinks .. Then we found out they're under new management!! Save your money !! They ruined our mothers day!!!

• Visited May 2014
FISHTALES_BARnGRILL, Manager at Fishtales Bar and Grill, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Hello Johnny,

My name is Josh and I am the new manager at FishTales.

I would like to thank you for being a return customer before this instance and would like to apologize for the negative dinning outing you experienced. This is the first negative comment of any kind that I have heard regarding Mother's Day and knowing how much the day means makes this even more disappointing. Had I known about it at the time I would have been more than happy to help remedy the situation for you.

I strongly encourage you to give us another opportunity. We have revamped our dessert, wine, and kids menus as well as changed the restaurant culture to be a much more positive and welcoming place to dine.

Once again, I sincerely apologize that I was not made aware of your situation on Mother's Day. On your next visit, please be sure to ask for me and I will be happy to help ensure that your dinning experience with us is nothing short of spectacular.

Thank you again. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Josh Klein