“Great spot for lunch!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Lebanon, NJ
“Great spot for lunch!”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

My family randomly picked the HSS for lunch and we were not disappointed. We waited for someone to seat us for a little bit but we got a great big booth and our server was very acommodating with the kids.

I got a chicken quesadilla...it was huge but delicious! The boys shared a pizza which was surprisingly good! My husband got the Red Hot...classic spicy andouille sausage on sub roll...he really enjoyed it. We also tried the zucchini fries..yum.

I was really impressed with this place!

Bedford, NH
“Yumtastic.”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Got takeout with the hubs twice. Very polite on phone, take out was packed nicely....Delish clam chowder and shockingly good brick oven style pizza. We did not expect it to be so great. I also had a grilled chicken caesar that was very good. I'd definitely get dinner from there again, and hopefully eat in next time as it looks fun!

UK
“Good, friendly pub”
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Good, friendly pub that serves good value, homely pub food. A good place to go for a few laid back beers.

tucson,az
“HOT STOVE IS HOT STUFF”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

What a find. We walked right into this place while exploring the town. Great baseball memorabilia and fun atmosphere. The staff make you feel welcome including the owner. The lobster roll is huge and delicious. Very good bar food. A red Sox fan's haven.

1 Thank durigirl1
Boston
“If you are a gourmand, don't do it!”
Reviewed July 13, 2010

***Good*** friendly waitstaff, fast service, nice atmosphere, great location.
***Bad*** The food. OMG, it's bad.
The New England Clam Chowder: So salty, yuck! Also, imagine a cup filled to the top with potatoes, then add cream. The dish was practically solid. Not elegant. It's suppose to be a stew, people! That means half way to a soup!!!
The fish and chips were really bad. The fish was salty! And I like salt. It came out in 3 minutes, I'm not kidding. I felt it was not made to order, at least not for me. The french fries were huge, hollow, frozen over cooked dry nasty fries.
The ceasar's salad was really bad - like plain mayonnaise dressing. There was nothing good about the food, sorry to say. Oh, wait - the cole slaw was edible. That was the one thing that was.