“Last minute lobster rolls!”

George's Place Fish Market
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill
Description: Owners Scott and Linda Kelley of Chatham and their staff are "local people providing local seafood!" We offer classic seafood meals, including lobster rolls, baked stuffed lobsters, and chowders. Our homemade items can be called in and made to order. Picnic outside seating
Reviewed August 11, 2014

The one thing we had not yet had on the Cape was a lobster roll. It simply was not possible to leave without that very Cape meal. We stopped at this fish market which sells them to go and took them home for a lovely evening meal on the patio with friends. A nice good-bye. They were excellent, served on a croissant which we found a real plus. Loads of lobdster meat, hooray.

2  Thank zullsandraf

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Love getting lobsters from George's, which they will steam and crack for you upon request (need to order in advance though). They also have great chowders. Everything has always been very fresh and high quality.

3  Thank TLHM
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I love take-out lobster. The price is right. Yesterday a 1 1|4 pound lobster was $11. At Georges, call early, or you will find yourself in the back of a long line. I discipline myself to call by 9:00-9:30 for lunchtime. They will be happy to steam it and crack/split it.

It is always ready and delicious. Easy eating!

4  Thank Jane S
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Overpriced and their quality has definitely gone down. You can do just as well in a supermarket on both counts. Every time I've been here in the past two years, have been disappointed in the freshness of the fish (cod) and they are out of stock from time to time on mussels.

1  Thank Mike P
saskuk, Owner at George's Place Fish Market, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2015

Mike,
Thank you for taking the time to review our business. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

I apologize if we were out of mussels during your visit. Some local seafood we stock is seasonal and can be unattainable in some weather situations. I have addressed the other concerns with our staff.

Mike, If you come back to our restaurant I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Linda Kelley

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Over the years, we have been to George's every time we have visited the Cape. We have never been disappointed until this recent visit a few days ago on Sunday, September 15th.

There were 4 employees and one other customer in the fish market. It appeared that one man was helping that customer while the other young man and two young women were engaged in conversation. It took several minutes before anyone came over to me to get my order. I ordered a Monomoy fried clam platter with cole slaw and fries from the young man. The clams were fried by one of the young women and placed on the paper plate on the counter and sat there for a few minutes while the 3 conversed about people waiting and the young man said no one was waiting. Yes, I was! Finally the fries were cooked by the same young woman and the platter assembled.

Somewhere in the process, the fries were over salted. This was not discovered until I had left the shop to eat the clams. Not only were the fries too salty, the clams were sloppily battered, undercooked and also salty. The batter was not on the clams at all. It seemed that it slipped off every clam and I was left with a sloppy, watery, undercooked mess. Needless to say, I did not eat the meal and threw it out.

I did call when I got back to the inn and spoke to one of the young women who happened to take my call. She said she would let the cook know. Perhaps she was the cook. I hope she would let the owner know as well.

A very disappointing experience!

3  Thank Marianna2

Marianna,
Thank you for taking the time to review our business. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that you did not receieve acceptable fried clams and service from our staff.

I wanted to personaly let you know we have addressed the customer service issues with the particaular emplyees invovled in your last visit.

Linda Kelley