“Awesome Lobster stew and good service”
Review of Jake Rooney's

Jake Rooney's
Ranked #12 of 27 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A friendly family restaurant that serves seafood, steaks, and American fare. We also have live entertainment 5 nights a week, including John Morgan's Happy Hour on Saturday, Trivia with Patrick on Thursday, and the MOST (50's-60's dance band) two nights a week! Jake Rooney's is the only licensed "Stonegrill" restaurant on the Cape. Stonegrill dining presents the diner with a searing hot stone to cook each bite of their dinner to perfection. It's a fun and unique experience.
Inverness
“Awesome Lobster stew and good service”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

We had a great meal at Jake Rooney's. I had read some poor reviews and was against going but my wife insisted we go. I was very pleasantly surprised and would definitely go back.

First off you absolutely have to try the lobster stew. It's outstanding and worth coming to eat here for this alone. The haddock I had to follow was a lovely piece of fish cooked just right on a delicious base of garlic and butter with tomato. The haddock showed some showed some real skill in the kitchen. Looking around I saw lots of very tasty looking food being served.

Secondly the service could not be faulted. We were asked for a drink order almost immediately and they were ready to take our order whenever we were ready. I timed the food from the minute the order was placed. 5 minutes for the lobster stew and 20 minutes for the main course. Looking around at the busy restaurant I saw others served in a similar time frame. A lot of previous bad reviews had focused on poor service so it looks like they have upper their game.

The menu has a good variety and you will not be stuck for something to choose from. Burgers, pork chops, steak, fried fish, baked fish...it's all here. They had something about cooking at your table with a hot stone as well.

Value is pretty good at Jake's. We thought it pretty reasonable.

So in summary it looks like we will be be back at Jake Rooney's on a regular basis given their performance and oh that lobster stew, to die for!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Will_HInverness

Wayland, MA
“Food very good, service kept up.”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My wife and I took our hosts/friends to dinner before going to the Cape Playhouse for an 8p show. We arrived at 6:12p told our waitress that we needed to be out by 7:35-ish...and they pulled it off. The Stone Grill Dining experience was what Jerri and Tom had heard - very snazzy, and tasty. The drink service was a bit slow - but, the bar looked busy from where we were sitting. Decor was pleasant (looked new?!), and we didn't have to shout to chat about our vacation plans.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Good_Family_9
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Good Food and Variety... eh.... service”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Overall, Jake Rooney's was an adequate dining experience. The menu had a very large variety of food. There was plenty of seafood, steaks, and even smaller pub style food items on the menu. The food was also very good. There were a few drawbacks though, the service was not very impressive. The waitress we had seemed very confused and couldn't explain a few items on the menu (stone-cooked items) and she also added a few drink items to the bill that my party did not order. The bill was fixed, but it's still frustrated to have these sorts of charges "mistakenly" put on my bill. There was also live entertainment that played songs from the 50s and 60s that added a nice touch to the experience. It is a casual atmosphere for sure.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Cjend
“Service please?”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

So my boyfriend and I went to Jake Rooney after hearing that they had some good food. We walk in and stood at the door for about 5 minutes and then sat at a table close by. There was another couple sat behind us who already had their food. We sat and waited...and waited....and waited. After about 15 minutes of sitting there we got up and left. As we left I heard someone say "have a great day, thanks for coming in." No one had even noticed we were there until we were walking out the door.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank Nicole S
Lakewood, New Jersey
“Hello? anyone here?”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Went here for dinner about 7:30 PM and sat at the bar. The place was not crowded but seemed that a lot of locals were at the bar. I sat for 10 minutes while the only bartender counted money and moved glasses, I asked for a menu. He ignored me and went into a back room for 10 minutes. When he returned, all the locals talked to "John" as they knew him by name. Continuing to be ignored I noticed food is served in styrofoam to bar patrons. I left without ordering and went to A&W across the street and had a great burger.

Visited June 2014