“Food very good, service kept up.”
Review of Jake Rooney's

Jake Rooney's
Ranked #10 of 25 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A friendly family restaurant that serves seafood, steaks, and American fare. We also have live entertainment 5 nights a week, including John Morgan's Happy Hour on Saturday, Trivia with Patrick on Thursday, and the MOST (50's-60's dance band) two nights a week! Jake Rooney's is the only licensed "Stonegrill" restaurant on the Cape. Stonegrill dining presents the diner with a searing hot stone to cook each bite of their dinner to perfection. It's a fun and unique experience.
Wayland, MA
“Food very good, service kept up.”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My wife and I took our hosts/friends to dinner before going to the Cape Playhouse for an 8p show. We arrived at 6:12p told our waitress that we needed to be out by 7:35-ish...and they pulled it off. The Stone Grill Dining experience was what Jerri and Tom had heard - very snazzy, and tasty. The drink service was a bit slow - but, the bar looked busy from where we were sitting. Decor was pleasant (looked new?!), and we didn't have to shout to chat about our vacation plans.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Good_Family_9

Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Good Food and Variety... eh.... service”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Overall, Jake Rooney's was an adequate dining experience. The menu had a very large variety of food. There was plenty of seafood, steaks, and even smaller pub style food items on the menu. The food was also very good. There were a few drawbacks though, the service was not very impressive. The waitress we had seemed very confused and couldn't explain a few items on the menu (stone-cooked items) and she also added a few drink items to the bill that my party did not order. The bill was fixed, but it's still frustrated to have these sorts of charges "mistakenly" put on my bill. There was also live entertainment that played songs from the 50s and 60s that added a nice touch to the experience. It is a casual atmosphere for sure.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Cjend
“Service please?”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

So my boyfriend and I went to Jake Rooney after hearing that they had some good food. We walk in and stood at the door for about 5 minutes and then sat at a table close by. There was another couple sat behind us who already had their food. We sat and waited...and waited....and waited. After about 15 minutes of sitting there we got up and left. As we left I heard someone say "have a great day, thanks for coming in." No one had even noticed we were there until we were walking out the door.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank Nicole S
Lakewood, New Jersey
“Hello? anyone here?”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Went here for dinner about 7:30 PM and sat at the bar. The place was not crowded but seemed that a lot of locals were at the bar. I sat for 10 minutes while the only bartender counted money and moved glasses, I asked for a menu. He ignored me and went into a back room for 10 minutes. When he returned, all the locals talked to "John" as they knew him by name. Continuing to be ignored I noticed food is served in styrofoam to bar patrons. I left without ordering and went to A&W across the street and had a great burger.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Mike P
Westchester County, NY
“A good find”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went for dinner on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend at 8pm and were happy to see that the restaurant was open and busy. We were told we would have a 15 minute wait - no problem. We were seated at a empty booth in the bar. However, the hostess who seated us was approached by a woman loudly stating that it was her table - BUT we were seated by the hostess and the table was set for us. It was a little embarrassing to say the least. The hostess gave her another table but she was not too happy (and we could hear her complaining and even offered to move to another table). Oh well, you can't please everyone! The menu is extensive. My husband had the lamb chops which was a special and he said they were very good. I had a haddock dish served on pasta. The fish was excellent but the pasta was dry and seemed to be completely without sauce. I had to add some butter to make it taste better. Service was good but we had to wait for drinks/wine (I believe the fault of the bar not our waiter). Overall, I think we will return as it is good to know that you can find a restaurant on the Cape that serves after 8pm especially on a Sunday nite. Dinner (no appetizers) for 3 adults with 1 drink and 3 glasses of wine came to $92 w/tax. Be mindful of the grill stones used to cook certain foods as a table close by set the napkin in the bread basket on fire and it was quite the sight and could have been a possible disaster if the waiter did not act fast enough.

• Visited May 2014