“I didn't follow my advice”

Ember Coal Fired Pizza & Wings
Ranked #13 of 28 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 27, 2011

and returned here with 2 other couples and sat inside. The food and service were both great but the noise level prevented conversation beyond the person sitting next to you. It was a true relief to get outside after we ate and again I saw how much better the atmosphere even next to the busy street. Weather permitting - ask or reserve a table outside IF you want to hear or be heard by more than one person.

1  Thank Jon P

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We went early to beat the dinner rush. We were asked by a snobby hostess if we had a reservation. We did not. She then took a phone call for several minutes before she would tell us if we could be seated or not. The restaurant was practically empty so they were able to seat us. We had six people and they gave us a small booth with a chair on the end. Service was slow and not friendly. The booths are very upright and uncomfortable. They only have beer and wine, no mixed drinks. Some of the food was OK but not worth the price. The part that made me mad was from the moment we walked in they acted like they were doing us a favor for letting us be there. I am in Harwich at least 10 times during the year and will not be going back.

5  Thank momBoston
Reviewed July 17, 2011

On the first night of our visit to Harwich Port, we decided that we would go out for a quick bit, pizza. We picked the Ember's because it looked like it would be a nice place to sit down and relax.
The resturant was very busy but because we were just two, we got seated right away.
Our service was good, we had water and drinks and the waitress took our order within minutes. The menu looked pretty good, we picked a blue cheese lettuce wedge and a pizza with scallops, bacon and mushrooms. I had never eaten a seafood pizza.
Our salads came out quickly, it was a lettuce wedge the lots of extras added but no blue cheese.
We waited a while longer for our pizza. We couldn't visit because it was so noisy. It certainly is not a place to relax and unwind. Even my husband who doesn't hear all that well thought it was noisy.
I had read the sign going in that the pizza would be well done. It is baked in a really hot oven. Our pizza was burnt. You really couldn't eat the crust on one side. I looked around and saw that everyones pizza was dark on the edges. We had two good pieces that weren't burnt. The unburnt part was good. I wish that I had sent it back but the small sign on the door was probably placed there to protect the kitchen ~ we told you it would be well done.
We will try George's next time.

4  Thank lms1950
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I have eaten here four or five times and I love it more each time I visit. The pizza is amazing! It's not your typical thick crust pizza but a nice, light, very thin crust delight. It's a very busy place so I always try to visit during off hours for the best service. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed July 4, 2011

expensive, terrible wait, bad service. a real rip-off

6  Thank rianta