“Outstanding Restaurant Food”

Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Renowned Local Chef Christian Schultz has reinvented L'Alouette as a comfortable, elegant restaurant serving Global Cuisine with fresh local ingredients. L'Alouette features and extensive menu and offers a $27 3 course prix fixe menu from mid October until May.
Reviewed October 8, 2017

I had not eaten at L'Alouette in several years as its a little out of my way to get to.We decided to just go there because we were going to attend a wedding in the area.It was under new ownership and has been for about 4 years.
The owner and chef is Christian and he did an outstanding meal.I had an appetizer of watermelon with a balsamic dressing and cheese.For my entree I had the duck done two ways and it was excellent.
The waitstaff was a little slow but once they came over and acknowledged us things went very well.
We plan on returning here over the winter and I'm going to give the Lamb Shank a try as the description sounds absolutely delicious.
L'Aloutte is pricey but worth the money and I hope it continues to be so.

1  Thank Meander802765

Reviewed September 30, 2017

The décor is nice, sort of an old World feel. That is about all. My order of scallops, risotto, and vegetables was presented nicely, and the scallops and risotto had good flavor, however they were served lukewarm. The vegetables were just about cold! I told the waiter about the vegetables, and in a huff, he said, "well do you want me to heat them as he was just about grabbing my plate away. I really did not want my whole plate taken, just a nice hot plate of vegetables would have been nice though. He never once said he was sorry. Instead, through the rest of the meal, we were pretty much ignored. When the bill came, he did not say one word to us. Not a "sorry about the meal, or even, a "hope you have a good night. Just rude.

1  Thank sophia90
Reviewed September 12, 2017

Don't let the modest exterior fool you. This is perhaps the best restaurant on the Cape. The food preparation and presentation remind me of dining in Europe. An excellent menu with wonderful specials. Quieter than most noisy Cape restaurants. Don't miss dining here.

Reviewed September 9, 2017

Price fixed menu 3 courses for for $28 is an offer you can't refuse. We had Escargot, and seafood fritters to start. The duck, shrimp, and veal were memorable. $6 Tanqueray martinis were huge and I am glad I was not driving. Wine pours were like a double glass. Deserts were memorable. $226 for 4 people including 6 drinks and 2 coffees.] tax and tip. Service was excellent and all the meals were unique and well prepared. What's not to like.

1  Thank fsdukejr
Reviewed August 21, 2017

My wife and I arrived at L'Alouette without a reservation last night. We were promptly offered a very nice table. I can't begin to tell you how great the food and service were. They had a lamb chop special on the menu which my wife ordered, and she loved it. I ordered the "Sea Of Love" and it was great...generous portions of fresh lobster, shrimp and scallops with linguine, tomatoes and all kinds of other ingredients that were perfect. I saw some other posts claiming the restaurant is overpriced. That's nonsense. For the quality of our dinners, I'd say the restaurant is UNDER-priced. I wish I could go back for dinner tonight. Thank you, L'Alouette for a very pleasant and delicious evening.

1  Thank mmvoicever