“Great breakfast”

Bonatt's Bakery & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Bonatt's is open 7 days a week normally, but due to gas work in the area on Monday, March 27th, Bonatt's will not be open for the day. We are so sorry for this unavoidable inconvenience. Please make plans to enjoy our offerings on the other days we're open. Remember it's just Monday the 27th that we will be closed.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Their signature meltaways are quite good. Good coffee. Friendly, prompt service. Opens early for breakfast. Ate here 4 times week of 9/24/12 while on vacation as it was within easy walking distance from where we were staying. Bakery in the front, restaurant in the back. Everything from the bakery was great---even the coffee!

There are newer reviews for Bonatt's Bakery & Restaurant

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Found this place one morning and it offered an acceptable breakfast in a pleasant if sparse dining room. Food was pretty well-prepared - eggs, sausage etc. - but the "meltaway" was a disappointment. According to someone in town, it used to be a very light, melt-in-your-mouth pastry. Instead it was a typical sweet treat. The resident I talked to hoped it would get better - she said the family had just recently taken the restaurant back after it was run unsuccessfully by other owners.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've been eating here for several years because my wife was always satisfied with pancakes or French toast and they are hard to screw up, but an omelet or fried eggs or potatoes or meat not served hot and tasting fresh seemed impossible under the previous staff. Not any more! A previous owner has taken over again and either retrained or released some of the staff and now the place is a gem. It is now sparkling clean and the restrooms are welcoming instead of being kind of scary.

I ate here at least 3 times a month this past spring and summer through September 25 and every time the meals were hot, tasty, and well served.

I have only been there for breakfast even they are open for lunch but I have no doubt that lunch service is just as good. For breakfast all of the specials have been good as well as old standbys like meat and eggs, omelets and waffles/pancakes.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The food was delicious! I had a wonderful breakfast, they make awesome French Toast.. and it was delightful! Very warm and cozy place! Reasonable price for the whole family!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Came here thanks to a discount and a desire to visit the Cape.

The hostess was great - the place was busy with a few tables open, but she asked if we were willing to wait 5 minutes for a window seat. Very happy and cheerful. She made sure we got a table with a nice view.

The rest of the service was good too - quick and prompt. My coffee remained filled. I got a meltaway and a breakfast platter. I suggest splitting the meltaway with someone as they're not small. Pretty good pastry, but the dough was a bit hard and overworked. Icing was good. The rest of my breakfast was good - the eggs were cooked perfectly and the home fries were well seasoned.

2  Thank TinyaCheng