“A wonderful find!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2017

We've been coming to the Cape for years but had not tried this place before. A couple we met over breakfast recommended it. Definitely worth a return visit! We arrived early for the "sunset special" - appetizer and dessert (from a selection, not the entire menu choices) included with the price of entree from 5:00 to 5:45. Having read other reviews, we shared the Caesar salad and the seafood chowder ($2 upcharge) and were very pleased with both. Dressing on the salad was flavorful but not overpowering and the polenta croutons are terrific (would have liked more of them, and I rarely eat croutons). The chowder had lots of clams, and while very tasty, was not heavy and feeling like it had 1,000 calories. My husband had the oven-baked cod, which he said was excellent. It was accompanied by a "tart" with a variety of veggies and spices that was very yummy, and had a bit of kick. I had the special - pan-seared halibut with a red curry rice, and a salad of micro-greens, red peppers, corn and jicama. The salad was exceptional; the rice was average, and if I hadn't been told it was curry I would not have been able to tell, it was so understated. The halibut was done perfectly and very tasty. For dessert I chose the passion fruit sorbet, which was excellent, and my husband had the chocolate bread pudding. I tasted it - I'm not a lover of bread pudding, but this one was really good! We will definitely return next time we visit the Cape.

1  Thank JanniceE

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Heard a lot about place from friends...on recommendation made reservations...got there 15 minutes early and went to bar...Jason was excellent...conversation and service...very crowded but manageable...got table but waitress was a lil busy...crowded night but expected during August on Cape...Duck confit as app was excellent...the main course was good, but portion control was evident, but it is fancy place...a little pricey but nice for special night on Cape...

Reviewed September 5, 2017

We had a fantastic sea food dinner here, the waiter Tom did a great job letting us know what was on the Menu.

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit based on many friend's recommendations. It met the hype. Fine dining in a wonderful setting. We were able to get a Labor Day Weekend Saturday late reservation. It was at 5:45 which entitled us to free appetizers and desert. All the specials, apps, desserts were excellent. We will be back. Before or after take a stroll down to the beach and on Main Street.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

We have some favorite dining spots on The Cape and Cape Sea Grill is one that we are sure to visit each year. For the many years we have been going there - back to the days when it was Cafe Elizabeth - the quality of service and food has been consistently excellent. The papardelle with seafood is decadantly delicious, but the other dishes won't disappoint. I had grilled salmon, prepared with perfect complementary sauces, risotto and vegggie. The chef is creative without slipping into "weird". The candlelight and flowers on each table set the mood for a memorable evening. Already looking forward to next year!