“Strike 3”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Cape Sea Grill

Cape Sea Grill
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Strike 3”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I had previously had 2 nice meals at the Cape Sea Grill...before they renovated and expanded. My third visit was on Easter Sunday and what a disappointment! The lobster bisque (pricey) had an overpowering unpleasant flavour and was bitter. I love lobster and was oh so looking forward to devouring the entire bowl but had to pass the majority of it over to my husband who said he did enjoy it. My entree was lightly breaded pollock, which was tasty but the sides were awful! One side was boiled potatoes that had been flattened and fried. No seasoning what so ever. Boring! The other side that I was really excited about was the worst! The menu mentioned wild morel mushrooms, which I grew up on and love! There were 3 lousy little mushrooms that had been mixed in with peas and carrots and pickled. You don't pickle morels! That was a total dis-service to those earthy hard-to-find beautiful fungi. The chef really needs to learn how to prepare morels in a respectful, loving, and delicious manner. The title of my review was Strike 3 because I won't be returning to the Cape Sea Grill.

• Visited April 2014

Harwich, Massachusetts
“Harwichport, great food, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had heard many nice things about this restaurant and finally had the opportunity to book a dinner there for our anniversary. Even though they had just opened for the season, everything was managed very well, from the service through the dessert. I had requested a window seat so we could enjoy the outdoor view. The side dishes are imaginative and just plain yummy additions to the superb entrees, and the desserts were sublime - we usually order one and share, but couldn't decide so we ordered two. I had the duck confit appetizer which was perfectly crisp. Definitely a great place for foodies! We are going back soon for a fundraising dinner, I can't wait to see what the menu will be!

• Visited April 2014
Harwich, Massachusetts
“The Sea Grill is in a fantastic location with an amazing menu.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We like to visit the Sea Grill as many times as possible during the summer. It's nice to walk to the beach after a nice meal and feel the summer breeze. The food and atmosphere is excellent. We have found the service to be what you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. The is truly one of the Capes hidden hot spots.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Poolguy2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Special Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This restaurant is definitely among my top 5 in my home town. The atmosphere is upscale yet comfortable. The service is impeccable and the food is full of imagination and ignites the taste buds. I have never, ever been disappointed in a meal at the Cape Sea Grille.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Maureen G
“Always a great dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have been here many times and have enjoyed every visit.? The food is always delicious and they have a great wine list.Service is always attentive. Would recommend to any seafood lover.

• Visited September 2013