“Comfort By the Sea!”

Seadar Inn By the Sea
Ranked #4 of 8 Harwich Port B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The room was small but bright and clean. Michael, the innkeeper, was very easy to work with. The breakfast was not outstanding -- we went out to a cafe nearby and had a lovely breakfast. The beach was a mere steps away, and we were so glad we spent the money to be close to the water. The whole Inn was charming and our experience in Harwich was fun. We took our little one on a kids fishing trip which was second only to playing on the beach! Would highly recommend Seadar Inn!

Room Tip: Clean, adorable room. Innkeeper was very helpful in setting up a roll-away bed for our little one...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 20, 2012

If you want an affordable, cozy, clean, beach vacation, then this is the place. This is not a resort and does not have the amenities of one. For some the rooms may be small (like in Europe) but the charm of this old school Inn is very welcoming. Michael, the Inn Keeper was very accomodating and adds a nice touch to the Inn. The room rate includes a continential breakfast. The cape for my husaband and I is all about the beaches and this quaint Inn is 100 yards from Banks beach (one of the prettiest in Harwichport) so thats all we need. We will be back next summer for sure!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

If you don't mind getting soaked as you walk out of your room by a water system aimed at your door and then being yelled at by the innkeeper for asking to have it turned off so that you can leave without getting wet, then by all means stay there. Also the room was very tiny and was missing most if not all of the little things you hope to find in a room while on the road. This was the worst travel adventure we have ever had.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank phd3600
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great place in a great location. Harwichport is a great cape town. You can walk to the stores and restaurants from the Inn. The beach is 100 feet away. Michael is really working hard and has the place in great shape this year. See you next year!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2012

we came for a four nite stay to celebrate our anniversary. wanted a place in walking distance to the beach without the high price of actuallly being on the beach. the seadar inn is perfect in location ,hospitality and amenities.the inn is in walking distance to many restaurants and shops as well as a two minute walk to a beautiful beach. chairs and umbrellas are available for use as well.we stayed in a moderate room that was roomy enough for the time we spent there. well kept and clean. no complaints from us...we will be back, most definitely!!!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I recently stayed here with my fiance for four nights and could not have been more satisfied. The staff was accommodating and fun to be around. The location is unsurpassed at this price point.

Specific reasons I would recommend Seadar Inn?
1. I called ahead when reserving and Michael, the innkeeper, was very helpful and flexible, and we quickly got exactly the room we desired. The staff was very quick to help.
2. The location - interested in walking a minute to a beautiful Cape Cod beach? Well....here you go. Come and go as you please.
3. The location - walk to everywhere and have a blast or drive all the way to P-town if you like - only a 45 minutes drive.
4. The general scene - Braddock Lane and the Sedar Inn property are gorgeous and quintessentially Cape Cod. I felt like we ought to have been paying three times the actual cost to be in such a picturesque spot!

The room itself - we stayed in a moderate room - was small-ish, I suppose, if I was being super-negatively-critical. But it was exactly what i needed, and it was well cooled and comfortable. Neither myself nor my fiance have had such a superb and restful week in years.

I highly recommend the Seadar Inn for nearly any purpose. I've been a Cape vacationer my whole life, and, as I have told everyone, this past week has been the best time I've ever spent in the area. It fit right into my budget (small business owner, teacher) and surpassed my expectations. I rate this establishment five stars, because i truthfully had no issues that would cause a normal person any dissatisfaction.

Room Tip: Ask ahead about rooms if possible. The staff will help you out in finding exactly what will suit you...
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We had a fantastic stay, with no complaints at all. Very friendly and helpful staff who kept everything super clean and running smoothly Mike, the owner was very helpful and accommodating for our needs. The inn is less than a minute walk to the beach and a less than a ten minute walk to everything in town. Lovely restaurants were close by as well. We couldn't have asked for a better stay and location. We will definitely be staying here again next year. We're even talking about getting married here next May!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harwich Port
Handkerchief Shoals Inn
Handkerchief Shoals Inn
#1 of 2 in South Harwich
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to Seadar Inn By the Sea? Share your experiences!