“Great location and friendly staff”

Seadar Inn By the Sea
Ranked #4 of 8 Harwich Port B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We just came back from a trip in Cape Cod in this hotel. Over the course of our stay, we did not encounter a single problem. The continental breakfast was bigger than standard breakfasts and the staff were very friendly and willing to share their knowledge with you. Don't expect a five star hotel when you arrive but you have to love the five star beach just footsteps away. There was no swimming pool or fitness center because there was no need if you have a beach so close. Every night we came back, the room was clean and neat. Also, if you are caught on a rainy day, for a place like this, there is a wide selection of channels on cable TV. All in all this was a great stay, the location was very central in Harwich Port and Cape Cod along with the great beach and we cannot wait to visit again.

Room Tip: The ground floor or detached rooms do not have an ocean view since it is behind another hotel. Uppe...

Reviewed July 22, 2011

The first time we stayed at the Seadar Inn was over 30 years ago. The last time we were there was 20 years ago. Some things changed of course, such as flat screen TVs in the room, but the overall experience was the same. We love the location, we love the setting and the beach couldn't be closer. It's a great place to meet people and relax after a day of sun and fun. We hope Mike H. gets to keep the Seadar Inn the way we remember it!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Our stay at the Seadar Inn was everything we hoped it would be. It's a quaint little inn a "stone's throw" from the beach. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was delicious, and the inn keeper (Michael) was very friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable about the area. Harwich Port is a quiet little community away from all of the "hustle and bustle". It was a very relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DeBob1976
Reviewed July 15, 2011

i had never stayed nor visited Cape Cod. Searching for a beachside hotel was a little difficult in the blind. I stumbled upon Seadar Inn website. It look small and quaint.

I needed a peaceful vacation from my crazy life. When I arrived, Mike, the Manager, greeted us warmly. I was traveling with my two friends and their daughters. He made sure we were all together and had perfect rooms.

Well, to my surprise and happiness, the room was perfect! I was not looking for the coldness of the Hilton, but the serenity of a close friend's home. The three rooms all had a Queen bed, air conditioner, refrig, tv, and bathroom. It was the perfect size for my daughter and myself.

I haven't slept so deeply for three nights in a row for 19 years from when my first born arrived! The beds are comfortable with plenty of pillows. Some might say, "The bathroom needs to be upgraded." I say, "Absolutely not." I love that it's small and none of that showy marble or corian. It was a basic shower and clean.

With reference to the beach. Well, what a relief not to have to drive and or walk forever to get to the luscious water. I walked right out of the hotel to the small parking lot of the beach and walked onto Bank Street Beach. Beautiful and therapeutic!

The main area of the home (yes it felt like a home) had a nice entry living area with fireplace. The dining area was off to the right. Two large family style tables accomodated our continental breakfast, which included muffins, loaf cakes, bagels, hearty breads, coffee, tea, and juice. Perfect just as a quick start to your day.

Harwich is the town right next to Chatham. My daughter and rode a 10 mile bike trail from Harwich to Chatham. We discovered small hidden beaches along the ponds on the trail. Every so often, it was dotted with main roads that you could go grab a drink or quick eats.

We were centrally located in Harwich. You could take the ferry to Martha's Vineyard from there. We drove to Provincetown and went on the Dolphon Whale Watch. Wow - Saw at least 25 whales! They couldn't believe how many themselves. Because Harwich is so central, we went to Hyannis for the day with great shopping - very busy, but fun. Went through Yarmouth another day - great little town - great thrift shop!

My favorite part was the bike riding and then the Whale Watching. Mostly, it was great to be in a "friend's home" and be with my friends and their daughters.

I asked Mike to show me the other rooms. They have little apartments and a very large room with a deck. Each room had a different flare. He supplied beach towels and chairs and made us very comfortable.

Ask for Mike when you call. He will put you in the best place and make sure you have a great time. I strongly recommend Seadar Inn for those who want an affordable beachside getaway. The ocean sounds from your room will lull you to sleep.

4  Thank Linda21pro
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My daughters and I go to the cape for a long weekend every year and we always return to the Seadar Inn because of the wonderful accommodations, kind staff, and access to the beach and the town. We have stayed in many different rooms and they are all beautiful, clean, and well-maintained. The beach is walking distance away and it is only a quick walk into the town. The Seadar's location is truly unique in that it allows you access to both the beach and the town, unlike other places. In addition the staff is always welcoming and helpful; they truly want to make your stay the best possible.The Inn has a quaint cottage feel. This is the best place to stay!

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Seadar Inn is a great B&B located right by the beach and a short walk away from Harwichport Center, where there are many restaurants, shops, etc. The best part of our stay was the genuine hospitality of Michael, the owner/manager of Seadar Inn. We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2011

After spending several days (2 adults, 2 children) at the SeaDar Inn, our family didn't want to leave. We stayed in room 1, with 2 double beds and an adjoining studio apartment with a pull-out bed, bath and huge roof-top deck with views of the ocean. Michael, the manager, was beyond accommodating, and really contributed to our enjoyment of the Inn. The children enjoyed the two flat screen tv's and the 30-45 second walk to the beach. The continental breakfast every morning was great. (We enjoyed the frittata and whole grain toast!) The laundry room was just down the back porch stairs from our room. There were two air conditioners that kept the unit cool on a 90 degree day. The beach was perfect for families with children, or anyone for that matter. The ocean water in June was warm enough to swim in every day! We will most certainly be back again and again!

Room Tip: Room number 1 for families is the best!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Chatham Tides
Chatham Tides
#1 of 1 in South Chatham
The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn

Been to Seadar Inn By the Sea? Share your experiences!