“A Wonderful Dining Experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mooncussers Tavern Inn & Restaurant

Mooncussers Tavern Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mooncussers Tavern Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grafton, Massachusetts
“A Wonderful Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our "date night" dinner here last night. We were both impressed with the menu and especially pleased with the pan seared scallops and tuna dishes we selected. It seemed a lot of locals mentioned the Cape Sea Grille as being the best around but it was obvious none of them had found Mooncussers Tavern. And after my brother ate at the Sea Grille and reported just a good experience there, I am convinced the Mooncussers should be rated higher. Our waitress, Alex, was very good and the service otherwise excellent. We later learned from the owner that this was their fourth year open. I truly hope for a long and prosperous run!

Visited July 2014

“Wow! This is one amazing restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I've spent my summers in Harwich for the past nine years and driven past this restaurant for several of them. What a mistake that was! The tavern has a very cool atmosphere and has live music on many evenings. The food, a mixture of tapas, burgers and entrees is unique, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious! We got two tapas...a tiger shrimp dish with an amazing tomato based sauce and a steak and eggs plate served over rice with Bernaise sauce. The owner's son explained to us that he and a friend worked on creating the dish while he was playing hockey and had to eat a lot of protein. It was really good! For dinner, my husband and I split a seafood primavera made with fresh pasta, shrimp, scallops and little necks that included some perfectly cooked vegetables. Also a great choice. I can honestly say this was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. I'm just bummed I couldn't make room for the chocolate bread pudding for dessert! The only criticism I have is that we waited a long time for our food. Everything seems made to order and it was well worth the wait! Can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Danielle816
Inverness, United Kingdom
“When are we going again, Honey?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Soon....he said.....very soon! We let this restaurant sit for 3 years before actually dining here. I misjudged it by its name and assumed it was just a pub....this is NOT just a pub. It's a lovely establishment owned by a kind french/american couple who understand food, presentation, and good service.

My husband and I FINALLY made it here the other day and loved our meals. Seafood and veggies were the crux of my meal and that is always a score for me as I never like good food without the accompaniment of nicely done vegetables, (asparagus, fresh corn and red onion). Our server was exceptional and friendly, (although she was new). It goes without saying that whenever the owners or management visits each table to "check in" service is usually very good...and it was in this case too! The bar area is comfy and lovely also. I think we will plan on going back soon to sample the classy looking bar in the back as well! Don't miss this one!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Orlandogal307
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food and service both fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The meal was extraordinary and our Irish waiter was amazing. I would highly recommend this for a night out.

Inverness
“Outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

My only regret about this place is that I didn't find it sooner.
From the minute we arrived I observed a confidence about the quality of the food which was not misplaced.
A family owned and run establishment which takes immense pride in the overall dinning experience.
The French love of food and the American attention to service shine through. Superb quality of food cooked to perfection. Service was excellent and we never lacked for anything. The server was able to help us with our numerous questions.
The menu is really good with a fresh feel about it. On this occasion I had the the tuna which needless to say was perfect. However the burgers which are a slightly cheaper option sounded awesome. They have a little duck fat mixed in for flavour! There is a wide tapas menu which maybe is the way to dine here.

There are two bar areas but it's not a bar scene. Lovely seating area to unwind in before or after a meal.

Will return. Best bit ...it's just down the road from where we stay on the Cape! Happy days if we can afford it.

1 Thank Will_HInverness