“A gem!”

Mooncussers Tavern Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mooncussers Tavern Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 27 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
New Vernon, New Jersey
“A gem!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went to this restaurant twice during a recent 12 day stay on Cape Cod. The atmosphere is old Cape, with a warm wooded bar area and a quaint inn feel throughout the rest of the place. The food is really inventive. There is a tapas menu and a regular entree menu. I had the tuna from the regular menu and it was outstanding! Two pieces of perfectly cooked tuna on crunchy Asian vegetables. The second time I had the tuna/ avocado tempura tapas dish. This too was just superb. I also had the steak and egg tapas, but it was just okay. Not to be missed are the truffle fries! A great nibble with drinks before dinner.
The owner is friendly and is very present throughout dinner service. I would highly recommend Mooncussers.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Auntbunny

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Unique eatery”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Really great atmosphere, delicious food. we hope to make it back to this little gem of a tavern! Esp liked the old wooden floors

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Sheryl M M
Seaford, New York
“Unique food Experience in Cape Cod”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

If you want a break from Lobster Rolls and Pizza, I highly recommend Mooncussers. We went with our children, who are 12 and 10 and still found things for them to eat.

Very sophisticated with interesting Tapas choices and entrees that are prepared and presented very differently than the multitude of surf and turf shops that adorn Cape Cod. Solid wine list and just a very modern and charming decor.

Visited July 2013
Harwinton, Connecticut
“Creative Cuisine Off the Beaten Path”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Mooncussers Tavern is an excellent choice for fine food in a relaxed-but-upscale atmosphere. Several of the entrees sound appealing, but we were attracted by its tapas menu and enjoyed sharing the duck-infused sliders (normally two per order, but our server suggested adding a third for a modest additional charge as we were a party of three), the avocado and tuna tempura, seared scallops and gambas al ajillo (shrimp sauteed in garlic and hot paprika). Each of these dishes was perfectly prepared and presented. If I had to choose my favorite, I'd say it's the sliders (a full size version is available as an entree) but I can enthusiastically recommend all four dishes. We appreciated the warm welcome and the live music played by a talented duo (guitar and bass). Our friendly server (Bridget) was well-informed, helpful and attentive. Mooncussers is not located by other restaurants and shops, but it's easy to find and definitely worth finding. We'll be back!

• Visited June 2013
North Shore, MA
“Great Tapas and Live Music”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and I went here in early June 2013 and enjoyed the live Jazz and playoff hockey at the same time! We had tapas - mussels, tuna tempura, shrimp, cheese plate and some poutin-like fries. Everything was excellent, a wonderful meal, and very affordable for what you were getting, I thought. Family-owned and friendly folks, great French influences on the menu. A little out of the way but well worth the trip, great beers on tap too! Popular spot but not overly busy.

• Visited June 2013