“Don't pass this place by”

Mooncussers Tavern Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mooncussers Tavern Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I originally thought Mooncussers was a bar, but boy was I pleasantly surprised. My husband and I had dinner and drinks at the bar to the left. This is a charming place. The owner is very nice, and the staff is helpful and friendly. Our bartender Shantae (sp?) was friendly and made great recomendations. We had tapas..scallops, cheese plate, salad, lobster crostini, and our favorite..the duck sliders...OMG..they are AMAZING!! Don't pass this place by...Its charming, and the food is Awesome. This place is a unique offering in the cape. And although we love all the fried seafood the cape has to offer...this place is a welcomed variety for foodies like us.

1  Thank Ann C

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Our family of 20 were quickly accommodated when we called for reservation & seated in event room.
We all agreed that Service was good & dinner was excellent.
If we had more time I wouldve liked to hang out in bar & listen to live band

2  Thank VinoLibra
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We've come to Chatham for years and this is easily the best meal we've had. The fries are worth it; the diet can wait! The pork belly brioche is a totally cool play on some breakfast favorites. My wife had the scallops and she raved. The sear was epic and made me wish I wasn't allergic to shellfish. Though my sensibilities said I shouldn't get the burger at such a nice spot, I went for it. It did not disappoint. The duck infusion adds great depth and tenderness. The egg on top was better than any cheese could be; doubt all you want til you try it. The sangria was freshly made and very tasty. Our server was super nice and very accomodating for my allergies. Very friendly owner as well. In an area where mediocre food is often over priced, this is a must eat. The rates were fair and every bite was true gourmet.

1  Thank Jason S
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were here the first weekend they opened and knew it seemed very promising. When we returned (finally) this weekend we were wowed. We were thrilled to see the place thriving and were lucky to get two seats at the bar. The martini menu looked interesting so we tried one and I had the sangria which was very tasty. The food however was truly outstanding (by Boston standards). We had the lobster crostini and beef carpaccio tapas which were delicious and the scallop risotto entree which was absolutely delicious as well. The service is friendly and excellent. The owner is very welcoming and makes sure everyone is enjoying their experience. The ambiance is wonderful, with an old tavern feel and live music that is not too loud and that everyone was enjoying. We wanted to stay on after we had finished. With so much (expensive) mediocrity on the Cape this is a true gem.

3  Thank JanetM21
Reviewed July 11, 2012

No Cape Cod food here....and that's a good thing. Without a doubt the most amazing meal and desserts we have ever had. Knowledgable staff and very gracious owner/bartender/ manager. This is a place were you can tell the employees take pride in there work and what they're serving. Forever a regular!

2  Thank Joan M