“High or low tide, this is an excellent spot”

Mooncussers Tavern Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mooncussers Tavern Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2012

First time there and it was terrific. We opted for two appetizers each and we are glad we did. The appetizers were a meal unto itself (themselves?). The gambas ajillo were unexpectedly nice. These were three jumbo shrimp stacked in the ajillo sauce, not the more typical gambas frolicking in garlic oil. Large prawns can be chewy, but these were done to perfection. I followed that with the maple glazed pork belly while mi esposa tried the seared scallops. I also tried the Dirty Peppar martini which was quite spicy and unusual. I liked it, but one was enough. Overall the atmosphere was Cape Cod rustic, the service was very good (our waitress did not hover, but was prompt and helpful). Would we return? Without question.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Our first visit to this establishment under new management (a little more than one year) was tops.
The casual room with bar was light, airy and quiet.
The owner was hospitable, helpful with the menu, and kind.
The tapas we were served were uniformally tasty; the entries the same.

We will return!

1  Thank boelman
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I went recently for our wedding anniversary and had two outstanding seafood dishes - one seafood pasta with a generous amount of varied seafood and homemade pasta and grilled scallops with risotto. The meal was memorable and the service was warm, professional and personal, as in the past.

Now in their second year, their entree menu is expanding and continues to delight us (and we noted also the other customers around us). The presentation is top notch and the atmosphere is cozy. We wish this fine restaurant ongoing success and plan to continue to be regulars.

1  Thank ChathamMass
Reviewed December 9, 2011

My husband and I dined at Mooncussers Tavern during a recent autumn trip to Harwich Port. We knew the restaurant had opened only a few months before that, and we were intrigued by the "small plate" menu. We ordered a total of 5 small plates/appetizers. Some were excellent; others were not. The two plates that were outstanding were the charcuterie plate and the seared sea scallops, which were cooked to perfection. We were less enthusastic about the calamari stuffed with vegetables, which was a rather watery dish. The grilled artichoke was OK, but messy to eat. The chicken empanadas would have been tastier, I think, had they been served warmer; they were basically at room temperature when they brought to the table.

I think that Mooncussers fills a definite niche in the Harwich Port dining scene; a casual, small-plate restaurant is definitely a nice addition. It is my hope that the chef will continue to refine the offerings at this cozy, casual restaurant. We plan to return in 2012.

1  Thank gr8get
Reviewed October 9, 2011

This is the first year for Mooncusser's Tavern and we hope it is the first year of many to come. Nice atmosphere, friendly attentive service and a serious chef in the kitchen mean we will be back often to this cozy and affordable casual restaurant. The menu is not your typical Cape Cod fare. Mooncusser's serves Tapas and a limited number of full entrees. The Lobster Roll was the best my wife has ever tasted; no mayonnaise saturated, refrigerated lobster here - it was fresh and tasty. My clams with chorizo came with a wonderful, albeit salty sauce and the best fries I've had in a long time.