Allen Harbor Breeze Inn & Gardens
A Beach Breeze Inn(West Harwich)(Great Value!)
$104
Handkerchief Shoals Inn(South Harwich)(Great Value!)
$85
$45
TripAdvisor
Chatham Tides(South Chatham)
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Cutty Sark(Dennis Port)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsb bmy husband and iyogurt parfaitget awaycape codlook forwardmini fridgelovely pooloff seasonbreakfast roombeautiful garden settinggreat hostsshort walk to the oceanglowing reviewsclean roomstreat their guestsstayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I spent a recent weekend at the Inn. I must say we were disappointed based on the glowing reviews. The room was quite clean, and the people were very nice, but the property in general is not a top tier B&B. Parts of the property seem a little tired. The room was supposed to have a queen bed, and we believe it was a full size - noticeably smaller than our queen at home. The Inn is close to Allen Harbor, but a good distance from the ocean beach. The "expanded continental breakfast" was sparse. We thought that for what we paid, the value wasn't there. We wish the owners well, but if we had to do it over again, we would have paid a little more and stayed at a truly outstanding Cape B&B.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rap521
jimdavi, Owner at Allen Harbor Breeze Inn & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

We really appreciate when guests offer us important insight into ways we can improve. As a popular place to stay in a resort area our rooms get constant use from June through October. Every year we make it a point to refurbish each room thoroughly at the end of the season. We will know to pay special attention to the room in which our guests stayed. We are glad that they found their stay above average, but hope that in a future stay they might find it excellent.

If they are able to come in the summer months they will get our full garden experience when all the plants are in full bloom. In the fall we allow our perennial gardens to go to seed, first to give an autumn feast to the myriad of birds on our property and secondly to feed the root system of our plants that they return next spring and summer in beautiful abundance. They will soon be cut back to enjoy their winter's rest.

As always our breakfasts during season include options like French Toast Strata, Apple Spice Coffee Cake, Banana Bread with bits of chocolate, English Muffins, Cereals, Fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Juice.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I spent a week at the Allen Harbor Breeze Inn and Gardens in September, my third such stay in the past year-and-a-half, and I truly feel like I'm coming home every time I'm here. I stayed in the Trellis Room this time (previous stays were in the Lilac Room and one of the Garden Side Rooms). As always, everything was immaculately clean and comfortable, with a good shower and a nice deck on which to enjoy my evening ice cream while basking in the Inn's beautiful gardens. Marie and Jim are wonderful hosts, and the reason that I feel so at home here. The continental breakfasts are kicked up a notch with Marie's fabulous baking (French toast strata, blueberry bread pudding, and cranberry scones are a few of her luscious treats), and for a spiritual traveler like myself, having Evensong's labyrinth and Reiki treatments available are an added plus. It is a short walk or drive to the town's beaches, some very good restaurants and ice cream shops, day trips to the Islands, and drives through several lovely towns and the National Seashore. Once again, I found my time here to be deeply peaceful and relaxing, rejuvenating me in mind, body, and spirit.

Room Tip: The Inn's website has excellent descriptions of their rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
jimdavi, Owner at Allen Harbor Breeze Inn & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

We love providing a space where our guests can rest and relax. This autumn is spectacular, plenty of beach days left to enjoy the warmth of the sun! Our tried and true recipes of French Toast Strata and Blueberry Bread Pudding are a joy to create!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed this past weekend for 2 nights. When I called to let them know on Friday morning I'd be checking in very late (by small town standards, anyway) they let me know they'd leave my room ready with the key for me. Breakfast was nice the next morning (try the maple bread!) it was nice having a little outdoor sitting area to drink my coffee on. I didn't try the pool (too chilly) but it looked great. The gardens are also really charming. I will say, since I was only there briefly (about 11pm Friday - 9am Sunday) that one of the highlights in an otherwise busy trip was the really nice jaccuzzi tub. Definitely good for relaxing in at the end of the long drive out there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed for two nights. The room was very clean and neat. Two wine glasses were sitting atop the refrigerator which is a nice upgrade from the wrapped plastic glasses usually seen in hotel rooms. The bed was very comfortable and the shower and bath were also clean and in great condition. The breakfasts Marie prepares are excellent; fruit cup, banana bread, french toast, are just a few of the items that were available each morning. We highly recommend this inn!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at the Allen Harbor Breeze Inn June 16 to June 21. The Inn is a very relaxing and peaceful setting. We sat on our small porch and enjoyed the lovely gardens and neighborhood. The area is a beautiful setting for pleasant walks to the nearby harbor or beaches. The Inn is just a short walk to two local beaches. It is ideally located for day trips throughout the cape. We traveled to Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket by Ferry and Chatham, Hyannis and Provincetown by car. There is a ferry to Nantucket only minutes from the Inn. The hosts, Marie and Jim, were very cordial and were most helpful with suggestions on dining in the area, places to visit. This was a most relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple