We stayed at the Winstead Village Inn in the Chandlery Starboard room for 3 nights in July with our 12-year old daughter and loved it. We decided to stay at the Inn to be close to the pool (the Beach Resort is 1 1/2 miles away, a 5 min drive). The pool was gorgeous, in the back of the property surrounded by mature trees and beautiful landscaping. We swam 2 of the days we were there around 5pm (it was open 11am to 7pm) and had it completely to ourselves. Deciding which property to stay at was tough, but our daughter's preference was to be by the pool. The Inn isn't really walking distance to anything (you can walk to Harwich, but we found there wasn't much in Harwich to visit, other than the bike trail). The Beach Resort is beautiful, and has its own private beach going down to the public shoreline (public beach is about 3(?) miles long and the Winstead is in the middle). You will recognize the value of the private beach when you see how crowded the public beach gets on a nice day! There were plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas to use. Breakfast was served at the Beach Resort (from 8am) and there were lots of great places to sit: inside in the dining room, outside on the front porch, or out on the deck overlooking the beach - all have beautiful views of the beach and there is ample seating. The continental breakfast was included - choices were freshly baked muffins and banana loaf, various breads (we were appreciative of the multigrain bagels), a beautiful fresh fruit salad, yogurt, and various cereals.The Beach Resort is walking distance to Harwich Port, which we found to be much more picturesque than Harwich, and there are lots of great restaurants (The Sea Grille, in particular, was amazing!) The service at the Winstead is top-notch, from the completely immaculate room to helpfulness of staff in suggesting restaurants and making reservations (thanks Anne and Doug!) Our room, the Chandlery Starboard, was half of a building which has been converted, quite nicely, into 2 suites. Our suite was quite large. It entered into a living/dining room with table and chairs, pullout sofa, TV and A/C. There is an adjoining master bedroom (with sliding door) with a king bed, TV, A/C and basic kitchen (sink/microwave/mini fridge/nice glasses/dishes), with a master bathroom which has a tub/shower, and then through another sliding door, the toilet/sink. We found the suite to be very comfortable and I loved the fact that there was tons of storage, so you could really make yourself at home. The bed in the master bedroom was very comfortable. The one downside, an important one for us, is that the pullout sofa bed had seen much better days.The slip covers on the sofa were stained, and the mattress was very uncomfortable. Our daughter, who is generally quite low maintenance, refused to sleep on it. Anne at the Beach Resort immediately offered to send a cot, which was adequate once we stuck some thick blankets under the crease in the middle of the mattress. To end on a good note, we would highly recommend the Winstead Inn and Beach Resort for its top service, beautiful location and premises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinguished, yet casual and unassuming. The Winstead Inn enjoys the serenity of Harwich Center. Just 100 yards to the Cape Cod Rail Trail and only 1.5 Miles to our private beach front Beach House. Our private vehicle will transport Winstead Inn guests to and from the Beach House. The Beach House enjoys its beach front location while being only a seven minute stroll to Harwich Port village. Enjoy the beach, restaurants, and shops without ever needing your car. Cape Cod at its best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Winstead Inn and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winstead Inn And Beach Hotel Harwich Port
- Winstead Inn And Beach Resort Harwich Port, MA, United States