“Comfortable like home”

Winstead Inn and Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Harwich Port B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We enjoyed 3 nights here and had a Thoroughly relaxing time. The beach front setting with outdoor patio area for sunset meals allowed our family with 3 teens, just the right amount of privacy with lots of space for freedom. Within wAlking distance we could reach several popular restaurants, also affording us the distance for post-dinner stroll. The common areas are comfortable and inviting.

The rooms were well-kept with nice decor, although could use some updating at some point. The air con was a bit noisy but opening our windows was pleasant too ( luckily not hot at night). We didnt mind the ceiling fan either..The 5 person suite worked out well for us.

We found the staff helpful, accommodating, polite and eager to please. As guests we were all taken care of.

Best location and atmosphere for our holiday! Thank you very much!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 19livyah
mywoody, General Manager at Winstead Inn and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and your input . The air conditioner has been changed and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed at the Winstead Beach Resort for three nights, the start of our 14 day honeymoon touring the northeast. This place was amazing and number one among all of the locations we booked in four states (MA, VT, ME,NH)! The employees (especially Doug and Gregg) are very nice and the rooms are beautiful! I would give the Beach Resort six stars if I had the ability to do so on this review. The rooms are very clean and give you the feel of being in an elegant cottage on the east coast. We enjoyed the stunning beach view and delicious breakfast daily. Everyone we meet in town keep telling us this was the place to stay. I can't wait to come back in the future! I recommend this place to any one who wants to stay in Cape Cod. A special thanks to Doug, Gregg, and all the staff who made this stop the highlight of our trip!! Beth and Jay

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Beth S
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed at the beach front property for 3 nights. The B&B exceeded expectations on many fronts including the super clean rooms; delicious breakfast accompained by home-baked muffins to the sandy beach right on the door step. So pleased we decided on this after much searching for a weekend getaway in Cape Cod. Couldn't have chosen any better.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SWhite80
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I recently stayed at the Winstead Inn and Beach Resort over the Memorial Day weekend. Having visited the Cape for many years and having stayed at many places, I can honestly say this was by far the very BEST place I've every stayed while visiting Cape Cod! I didn't stay at the Beach Resort, but stayed at the Inn, another property located about 2 miles from the Beach Resort. My room at the Inn, the Mariner's Hideaway, was on the second floor and overlooked the pool in the back. The room decor was exquisite and complimented the charm of the Inn. The king size bed was very comfortable and inviting. I especially enjoyed the view of the pool in the evening. The pool had three streams of water that arched from poolside into the pool while the pool and the three streams of water changed colors in a synchronized fashion. I thought it was a delightful sight.

The accommodation included a simple continental breakfast each morning which included coffee, tea, fresh fruit salads, yogurt, english muffins and in my view, the best homemade banana bread and muffins! Each morning they served a different kind of muffin. I was very impressed with all of the breakfast fare! The homemade bread and muffins were absolutely delicious and were complimented by the perfect atmosphere of ocean views and serene music in the background. It was just wonderful!

The InnKeepers, especially Greg, David and Doug, were extremely nice and very helpful. They definitely go out of their way to accommodate their guests and have a great way of making you feel "at home" in "their home." I cannot remember ever staying at a place on the Cape where I was literally pampered and treated very well by the Innkeepers and staff.

Both the Beach Resort and the Inn were impeccably clean and well-maintained. It appeared that everything, both inside and outside of both properties, was pristine and what I would call "perfection personified." One thing I would like to note, is that I met a few families with small children and it was nice to see how the Innkeepers and Staff engaged the kids. Clearly, they try to accommodate and please everyone of all ages!

Overall, the atmosphere, the decor and the exceptional service provided by the Innkeepers and the staff make the Winstead Inn and Beach Resort the BEST place on the Cape!

I encourage folks to check out this rare gem - you will be both very pleased and very impressed!

Room Tip: If possible, try to get a room at the Beach Resort. However, the Inn possesses a unique charm. Eit...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank FJENewYork
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We are just returning from a 3-nights stay during the Memorial Day weekend and had a nice experience until 5 minutes before check-out. The good: fantastic location, right on beach. The decor is old and charming classic cape cod. Rooms are exactly what you see on website. One of the inn-keepers, Doug, was extremely welcoming. The bad: room service is poor. We went with our 2-year old, so we needed garbage cans every time we would open a snack and there were 2 tiny ones in our 3 rooms that would not even hold one take-out container. We requested twice an additional garbage can, once directly to cleaning staff, other time left a voicemail to guest service since no one picked up, but never got it. The ugly: during check out, among so many others checking out along with us, we were asked by the other inn-keeper to wait as our room would be inspected before we left. Then we were told we would be charged around $100 for clean up. When we wanted more detail for this, the reason in his words were "chocolate crumbles on sofa and patch on blue carpet". I explained that my son spilled sour cream from the take out from Andale (which was very nice, by the way) and you could still spot it after I wiped with wet napkin as the carpet was blue. My husband was told this was "unacceptable" by this person. This experience ruined the entire vacation for me. I wonder if they charged other guests who spilled ketchup/wine/yogurt on the carpet. Besides, more than the money it is this experience of being treated differently from all other guests in front of them, (whether it is because we have a child or we look different or any other reason) when no one else's rooms were being inspected, makes me disheartened. We occupied one of the more expensive rooms, paid $25 additional per
night for our 2-year old, and still now have to wait and see how much they charge us to steam-clean the carpet. Today when all commercial vacuum cleaners come with steamers, I would not want to check in to a room where the carpet is not automatically steam cleaned from previous use irrespective of whether sour cream or red wine was accidentally spilled on the carpet. Finally, a place where the inn keeper can tell a paying customer that chocolate crumbles and Sour cream stain was "unacceptable", I will not go back to. There are enough nice options at the cape if you are willing to pay this value to enjoy your vacation with more dignity and respect even if you unfortunately spill ketchup or sour cream or red wine.

Room Tip: Room 11 is large, nice if you need space. Looks exactly like the pictures on website.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank Bhattaam
mywoody, Manager at Winstead Inn and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

We thoroughly understand children will be children but we also need to understand that parents must be parents, even when they are on vacation.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Room #5, excellent Sea View and sound of the Surf at night. Great Breakfast. Used pool at sister property, beautiful pool and grounds, very refreshing. Only downfall at this property was that you could hear your neighbors tv and kids in the hallway. I think at a bed and breakfast of this quality and price, it should be Adults Only & No TVs, then it would be perfect and we would return, otherwise we will not return.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank daisymae531
mywoody, Manager at Winstead Inn and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Truthfully I rarely watch TV but when I travel I do like to catch the weather to plan my time. There are some people that have that favorite weekly show that they have to watch no matter what, or that special sports event (Olympics, Play off games, and of course the Red Sox (some of you, the Yankees)) We want to cater to our guests; we do however reserve the right to adjust the volume if you have a concern.
We were all children once, and hopefully we were all taught how to respect others. I myself have children, and I for one feel that if your children are behaved why shouldn't they we able to enjoy the vacation I choose for my family. In the occasional case where parents forget they have children we gladly work with the children first. And again we reserve the right to adjust the volume.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

This beach resort is so picturesque and exceptionally clean. This was our third return trip there and it won't be our last. We invited others to join us there. They loved it and said they will definitely return.
The beach is so pleasant @ the Winstead Beach Resort and I love being able to step off the veranda right onto the sand. From there, it's just a short walk to the water and the pounding surf, all of which you can see from the veranda and from many of the rooms.
The innkeepers are so friendly and helpful, it only enhances the stay. Food is all fresh and homemade for each breakfast. The fireplace is soooo inviting. Wish I lived closer.

Room Tip: Rm 7 has a great ocean view and a pleasant table and chairs right by the window to view it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lareinads

Thanks for your kind words; that fireplace is so nice, especially after a long walk on the beach. Nothing like the warmth of the fire while watching the sun set.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harwich Port
#2 of 9 in Chatham
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club
Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Been to Winstead Inn and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!