I recently stayed at the Winstead Inn and Beach Resort over the Memorial Day weekend. Having visited the Cape for many years and having stayed at many places, I can honestly say this was by far the very BEST place I've every stayed while visiting Cape Cod! I didn't stay at the Beach Resort, but stayed at the Inn, another property located about 2 miles from the Beach Resort. My room at the Inn, the Mariner's Hideaway, was on the second floor and overlooked the pool in the back. The room decor was exquisite and complimented the charm of the Inn. The king size bed was very comfortable and inviting. I especially enjoyed the view of the pool in the evening. The pool had three streams of water that arched from poolside into the pool while the pool and the three streams of water changed colors in a synchronized fashion. I thought it was a delightful sight.
The accommodation included a simple continental breakfast each morning which included coffee, tea, fresh fruit salads, yogurt, english muffins and in my view, the best homemade banana bread and muffins! Each morning they served a different kind of muffin. I was very impressed with all of the breakfast fare! The homemade bread and muffins were absolutely delicious and were complimented by the perfect atmosphere of ocean views and serene music in the background. It was just wonderful!
The InnKeepers, especially Greg, David and Doug, were extremely nice and very helpful. They definitely go out of their way to accommodate their guests and have a great way of making you feel "at home" in "their home." I cannot remember ever staying at a place on the Cape where I was literally pampered and treated very well by the Innkeepers and staff.
Both the Beach Resort and the Inn were impeccably clean and well-maintained. It appeared that everything, both inside and outside of both properties, was pristine and what I would call "perfection personified." One thing I would like to note, is that I met a few families with small children and it was nice to see how the Innkeepers and Staff engaged the kids. Clearly, they try to accommodate and please everyone of all ages!
Overall, the atmosphere, the decor and the exceptional service provided by the Innkeepers and the staff make the Winstead Inn and Beach Resort the BEST place on the Cape!
I encourage folks to check out this rare gem - you will be both very pleased and very impressed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinguished, yet casual and unassuming. The Winstead Inn enjoys the serenity of Harwich Center. Just 100 yards to the Cape Cod Rail Trail and only 1.5 Miles to our private beach front Beach House. Our private vehicle will transport Winstead Inn guests to and from the Beach House. The Beach House enjoys its beach front location while being only a seven minute stroll to Harwich Port village. Enjoy the beach, restaurants, and shops without ever needing your car. Cape Cod at its best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Winstead Inn and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winstead Inn And Beach Hotel Harwich Port
- Winstead Inn And Beach Resort Harwich Port, MA, United States