“Merriest Christmas”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York CIty
“Merriest Christmas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2007

We visited family in Harwich for Christmas and they put us up at the Bluefish. It is wonderful! Cozy and romantic for two. We had a two-room suite with private bathroom down the hall. He is a professional chef and the breakfast is worth the trip. She has decorated with period finds from house sales. It is tasteful, relaxing and not overdone. He is a photographer and his work lines the walls and can be purchased as a souvenir of a romantic off-season stay on Cape Cod. This will be our home-away-from-in-laws when we visit the next time. We stay at a lot of B&Bs and inns when we travel, and this was one of the most pleasant experiences we have had. Highly recommended!

Stayed December 2006
1 Thank michelef1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2006

This was the perfect B & B for my weekend getaway...I was physically and mentally removed from stress and worry, and transported into a haven of peace and comfort! The decor is eclectic/rustic but decidedly classy, too. A visual treat, but not fussy.

Our hosts offered: the best bed I've ever experienced, sumptuous gourmet breakfasts, warm and diverse conversation and a cozy, well-appointed haven. Their prices are the most reasonable I've seen, too.

I highly recommend Bluefish Bed and Breakfast, especially for singles and couples.

Stayed November 2006
1 Thank LindyHikes
Gray, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2006

We recently spent a long weekend at the Bluefish B&B. It was a very reasonable price at $95.00/night off-season.

The food was outrageously good. So good, that after one sweet roll and 2 bites of breakfast, we told Tim we wanted to eat at the restaurant where he is a chef. That too was delicious.

Our room was a suite, with a sitting room separated from the bedroom by a little hall/closet area. My husband was able to watch television and I didn't have to see or hear it. The bed was very comfortable. Their was zone heating for each room - bedroom, sitting room and our bath across the hall, which is a great idea in late October on the Cape(we were there for the mini-hurricane). There was plenty of hot water and pressure in the shower. The bathrooms, however are not for very large people - they are tiny.

The innkeepers were friendly and helpful, even though they work full-time, own the B&B and are improving the house. Their dog Conan was big and sweet, as was their visiting dog Gus.

So, we loved it and would go back in a heartbeat.

Not good for the disabled or suitcase carrying elderly as all rooms are on the 2nd floor. There is an indoor and an outdoor entrance to the room but both are steep. Those who demand stuffy priceless antiques - this is a comfortable, in-process of restoration B&B.

Otherwise, you will be very comfortable and Very well breakfasted.

• Liked — Food & price
  • Disliked — Small bathroom
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Kat&Sherpa
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2006

The Bluefish B&B, in Harwich, is a great place to stay on Cape Cod. The B&B has two suites (bedroom and sitting room, bath down the hall) and one room (with bath) on the second floor of a Victorian (Italianate Style) home built in 1842. The B&B is about a half hour walk to Bank Street Beach in Harwichport, and is a good central location for driving to various other locales on the Cape. The rooms are neat, clean, have everything you need, even small refrigerators, and are reasonably priced, esp. in the off season. The rooms are accessed through a staircase in the back of the house, so may not be for the handicapped or elderly. The owners, Lori and Tim, are friendly and know a lot about the local area. The "breakfast" is quite a treat - it's a gourmet meal every day. We (a middle aged couple) stayed in the Captain's Room and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We particularly recommend this place to those visiting family members in the Harwiches.

2 Thank SophieMr
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2006

My husband and I prefer B&B's to the mundane resorts and hotels. We found the Bluefish B&B in downtown Harwich and it was lovely! It's on a quaint street though you wouldn't know it was steps to the town's center. The owners are friendly and helpful and the B&B is full of Cape Cod charm.

That's enough to make the stay worthwhile but I'm writing this because of the FOOD! We're used to the normal greasy bacon and eggs or continental breakfasts, but here, NO WAY! Everything down to the coffee was gourmet! We had homemade, fresh pastries, waffles with fresh berries, fresh-squeezed OJ, fruit plates, delicious crepes, I could go on and on! We were so pleasantly surprised to see they took their food as seriously as their lodgings. When we found out the co-owner and chef has worked with top chefs from around the country, we were not surprised.

Bottom line, we loved the Bluefish B&B not only for the comfy beds and great location, but the food was excellent and we felt well cared for!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2006

First, my disclaimer- I've only been at a couple of B&B's in my life- so my comparisons might not be all that inclusive. Other places that I've stayed with my wife have been nice, with a hearty breakfast of eggs or pancakes and cofee bla bla bla.

Well, here the owners are different. We couldn't believe what we saw the first morning! Gourmet pastries with fresh berries (home-made too!), the best coffee I've had in months, FRESH squeezed oj, fantastic crepes. The next morning was more of the same, but waffles. yum!

We thought that maybe it was a fluke, but the other couple staying there at the time told us that they were there last summer, and the food was that good then, too.

The room was nice, ecleticly furnished with nice real wooden furniture, cable TV, DVD, and a very comfortable bed. We were very happy with everyting.

A pointer: we had the room with a bathroom in it- the others two rooms' bathrooms were in the hallway. Not a huge deal with a B&B, but worth a note. I did not see the rooms, but I'm sure they were as nice as ours. Aparently, they have a sitting room in addition to the sleeping area. Might just be worth walking a few steps down the hall?

The rooms are nice and cozy- but the food is worth the trip alone! -I highly recommend Bluefish!

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank BeachBummmm
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2006

This place was so great. We stayed in a beautiful bedroom that had an additional seperate living room--all for a very reasonable rate. The house is surrounded by trees so it has a country feel. It rained the weekend we were there, so my boyfriend and I just stayed in our little living room watching movies (that the place provided). The breakfasts were elaborate and delicious. We got two courses the one morning and the coffee was excellent. The woman at the b&b even gave my boyfriend and I a gift certificate she had for a restauant in town. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harwich
Pleasant Bay Village
#1 of 2 in South Harwich
Inn On The Beach
Inn On The Beach
#4 of 8 in Harwich Port

Been to Bluefish Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!