“Authentic Tuscan experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Authentic Tuscan experience”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I took my wife here for her birthday and we had a wonderful time. We started with a bruschetta salame that was the perfect size for two and absolutely delicious. That was followed by a grilled romaine, which is similar to a Caesar salad, that was very tasty. For our main courses I had a pan fried gnocchi with portabella mushrooms and sausage and my wife had a perfectly cooked flank steak with spinach and roasted potatoes. The gnocchi was the best i've had since I lived in Italy and my wife's dish was bursting with flavor. We finished our meal with some tasty gelato and I have to say we cannot wait to go back.

If I wanted to find anything to complain about it would be the hostess (or lack thereof). We had 7 pm reservations, but found no one up front to greet us upon arrival. After waiting about 5 minutes a woman who appeared to be a server came up, apologized for the wait, and asked us if we would like her to bring us a drink. She then disappeared for another five minutes and returned to bring us to our table with no mention of the drinks. This is completely insignificant in the grand scheme of things, and as I said our overall experience was fantastic.

1 Thank Jeremiah N

Chatham, Massachusetts
“Good food.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Generally good food. Very nice atmosphere. The food tends to be a little heavy on the cream and a lot of pasta dishes. Value is just fair. I generally leave a little hungry.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank JKS12
Meriden, Connecticut
“Be sure to make reservations”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went for my birthday but could not get in. They said you need a reservation. Had to wait until the next time we visited the cape two weeks later. Dining room is very small with limited seating. Food was very good but overpriced. Service slow. I don't know if we would go back. R.T.

• Visited October 2012
Massachusetts
“Eat here if you are in/near Harwich”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Our waitress was great; when we asked about the taste of a couple of wines, she offered and brought tasting samples of both. Beside good food the restaurant boasts of a very good wine list; certainly one of the largest collection of Italian wines we have seen. We enjoyed our shared appetizers and both our individual entrées (shrimp and bay scallops respectively) as well as the side dish of spinach sautéed with garlic.
After dinner when we told the waitress that we will be back in the summer she suggested making reservations at least a couple of months ahead, especially for a Fri or Sat evening. In fact she offered to book our reservation and since we knew our summer vacation schedule, we did.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Another wonderful dining experience!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I have always enjoyed dining at Buca's, and our latest visit was no exception. There are not many fine dining places open on the Cape in the winter time, but fortunately Buca's is the exception to that rule.

We both had a glass of the sangria, white and red, so we could try each of them, and then the Kale & Italian Sausage soup for a starter. The soup had a nice kick to it and was perfect warm up for a blustery Cape night.

My wife had the Sole & Shrimp dinner while I went with the Rib-eye steak. Both entrees were cooked perfectly and served in a very timely manner. We were fortunate to be seated in front of the fireplace and had a very romantic dinner. The wait staff was very attentive but not pushy, and everything was wonderful.

We have always planned ahead and made reservations to go here as there is very limited seating, so whenever possible, plan ahead.

• Visited January 2013