“A easy target for restaurants on the water”
Review of Brax Landing

Brax Landing
Ranked #4 of 70 Restaurants in Harwich
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I ate here with friends late in the afternoon yesterday, before attending a choral concert nearby. Not having dined here for about 10 years, I was surprised how little had changed. The menu is still laden with encrusted fried seafood, very generous prime rib proportions, friendly waitresses. To make our concert, we arrived at 5:30, thinking the place would be no more than half-full. Au contra ire, Brax was 3/4 full. However, we got a delightful table, almost front row to the sublime river scene, complete with Great Blue Heron also seeking his dinner. My friends both had prime rib, and split a generous salad. I had three raw oysters for an appetizer, and broiled scallops for my main. The prime rib was rich and tasty, tender and much more than satisfying. My scallops were fine. But the sunset view was very good. This is a decent food place, not a destination diner.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went for lunch on Christmas Eve, staff was very pleasant, views exceptional and food very good.
We shared a fried calamari which was very tasty and tender and then we both had oyster po'boys which were loaded with oysters and topped with a very nice spicy sauce. The server made sure we knew it was a spicy sandwich which is good since not everyone likes things as hot as I do. I did think things were priced a little high, I mean $20 for a sandwich is not my usual thing but it was Christmas Eve!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Not fancy by any means, the food was good, the seafood fresh, and the prices are too bad. Standard well stocked bar. Would go back if in the area.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Ate at Brax Landing twice on our recent trip to New England (Sept 2012). The restaurant has a large internal dining area but the place to eat is the deck- with its views of Saquatucket Harbour in Harwichport.

You would only want to eat fish and seafood in surroundings such as this- the menu does provide other options. We had the Seafood Platter (very lightly fried and still succulent) and the Haddock Florientine on our first visit- both of which were superb- there is a huge difference when you eat fish this fresh. I'd also spotted the Lobster roll being brought out for other customers and this was one of the "must-haves" for the holiday decided to finish off our holiday with a second meal at Brax.

The Lobster roll was superb and the Cod and Chips my better half had was so superior to anything you get in the UK. Its nice to remember what Cod used to taste like.

Excellent fish restaurant well situated-and well worth a visit (or two)

Reviewed November 10, 2012

If you go to Brax Landing, try and get a table by the window. The view is fabulous of the harbour. The Cape is one of my favourite destinations, so I try and visit my friend every year (if I can). We always go to Brax Landing (kind of a tradition now) as the location is great and the food and wine have always been very good... although with my now limited (gluten-free) options my choices are not as good as they have been in the past. The scrod I had was really fresh and I coupled it with a baked potatoe with the works, which complimented it well. I remembered better meals in the past, but it was still quite good.