“Where the locals go”

400 East
Ranked #19 of 70 Restaurants in Harwich
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The 400 East Restaurant & BarThe inside of this restaurant is so clean and well cared for, first-time visitors often think they've just opened. But the consistency of the wide variety of food items and efficient, friendly service evidence the excellence in this location since 1989. Fun appetizers, numerous salads, fresh ground charbroiled burgers, grilled thin crust pizzas, pastas, steaks, fresh seafood and more. Noted for creative daily specials. •Quick Off and On to Route 6 and Route 28 •Large Party Reservations •Frosty 16 oz. Draft Beer •Private Function Room
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Personally I dont' care too much for many items that they offer. But I do enjoy the shrimp cocktail, steak tips, and the soups. Since it is generally quite busy even in the winter I think I'm in the minority on my opinion. this is why to be fair I gave it 4 circles. The bar is a hang out for the late twenties to early forties. The atmosphere is lovely.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We enjoy dining at the 400 East, we feel the managment & staff is warm & welcoming, the restaurant is clean, their food is dependable. We enjoy their inventive nightly specials or their regular menu/updated a few times a year/prices are on target/the kitchen saff is willing to adjust for special diets.

We happen to choose to dine at their bar however we have also eaten in the dining room & attended special functions there, everything has been delicious.

We generally meet with friends there, we all choose to sit at the bar mostly so the guys can keep one eye on any one of several TV's, (sound is kept low). The TV 's are located around the bar so its possible to keep an eye on the score of current sports event, eat & or chat. The seating is comfortable there and in the dining room.

One thing we really like too is the restaurant is always very *clean and inviting. It can be busy "busy in season". There are several " regulars" who dine there, it's fun to sit and chat with them too after dinner. many have become friends, a n d the bar is reslly tops!

We moved to the Cape 10 yrs ago dropped into the "East" for dinner that first week, we haven't stopped going there since. Now we are local "wash a shore's", there is an assortment of us along with the true "Cape Codders" who eat there, we have come to know many of them.

We find it's pleasant to dine in a place were you really feel as if:
"you have come home for a nice meal"!

We feel this is something the managment & staff really works at.
We have formed some lovely friendships over dinner there.
We know the staff works to keep it clean and welcoming there.

After you place your order the kitchen staff takes over, working to make your dining experience a good one. We have never been disappointed with the meals there. The kitchen team is always interested in comments and will address any concerns that might pop up, they really work at making their restaurant a place where one feels they can always find a delicious meal, a salad/a dinner/orsandwich/or one of their popular burgers/ almost anything. Mi see the creative salads are very popular, i happen to order them year round. Their Prime Rib is also popular, personally I usually prefer fish or chicken dinners. Most dinners come with a choice of salad or soup.
I try most of their special chicken or fish dinners, but that's just my choice.

It's always a surprise to see what their special soup of the day is my husband really enjoys them, and their chowder or onion soup is delicious, many think it's "tops"! Some like to order from their appertizer menu, its varied & quite popular.

However I am usually open to new fish & chicken dishes, I don't hesitate to tell them how I liked the new dish.

The staff works at making you feel as if your "coming home" for dinner, that is very comfortable!

We would never hesitate bringing friends or family there. Our grandchildren enjoy their menu, they are old enough to order from the adult menu now, we go there when they visit from off Cape. They love the house Mac & cheese as well as other dishes but they from the adult menu, some dishes come in more than one size. We eat in the dining room when we have them with us.

The 400 East is always clean and comfortable, they really strive to make their menu have something for everyone. I know from personal experience the kitchen staff is always willing to accommodate special dietery requests,,two of my grandchild have food allergies, we are always able to find something safe for them to eat.

Keep doing what you do best there at the 400 East and thank you for making us feel as if we are "coming home" to be with family & new friends for a meal!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stopped in for lunch Monday while traveling for business and opted to sit at the bar. I was greeted promptly with a smile and menu from the bar tender and decided on the sauteed scallop roll from the "specials" menu - best roll I've had in a long time! The scallops were cooked to perfection and served in a soft french roll over lettuce, tomato, onion with an aioli sauce on the side - SO GOOD (getting hungry writing this)! Scallops are a personal favorite and the same high quality was delivered that I expect at $$$$ restaurants in Boston.

I'm certain the bar tender could tell I was there for a quick meal and his attention was spot on - and to boot, best lunch I've had in a long time. A+ to the kitchen and experience!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Having had many a good meal and many good times at The 400 East I'm writing to spread the word about the pleasurable and delightful experience I've had with familiy and freinds at this restaurant over the years. Cheerful, delicious, clean and consistent are good words to describe my 400 East experiences. The long term staff indicates a prideful establishment. The 400 East has two welcoming entrances with a large, easy parking lot surrounding for convenient access, a key point when coming in with a larger group such as my family. There's definitely something for everybody here. My in-laws from Chatham are still raving about their last scallop dinner. Our most recent experience was a fun time with a great crowd during one of the recent blizzards because the 400 East was open for business during the power outage, providing an abundance of welcome, hot food and a warm cozy atmosphere and wonderfully fresh cold delicious beer. My wife and I are looking forward to our next visit to the 400 East.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We ate at the 400n East tonight, ordering two 400 special burgers "medium rare" . The waitress delivered two burgers so raw, the meat inside the burgere was cold. After we brought toi her attent she said she would bring them back and have the cook "reheat" them. After an unreasonable long wait, as if to punish us, she brough back the remanants of two excessively overcooked burgers, as basically said take it or leave it. No manager was available, and the food was awful. I would NEVER return to 400 East.

2  Thank Bill D