“Wine Dinner Excellent Value”
Review of 400 East

400 East
Ranked #27 of 69 Restaurants in Harwich
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The 400 East Restaurant & BarThe inside of this restaurant is so clean and well cared for, first-time visitors often think they've just opened. But the consistency of the wide variety of food items and efficient, friendly service evidence the excellence in this location since 1989. Fun appetizers, numerous salads, fresh ground charbroiled burgers, grilled thin crust pizzas, pastas, steaks, fresh seafood and more. Noted for creative daily specials. •Quick Off and On to Route 6 and Route 28 •Large Party Reservations •Frosty 16 oz. Draft Beer •Private Function Room
Brewster, Massachusetts
“Wine Dinner Excellent Value”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant on Mar. 3 and ordered the wine dinner for $40. You receive 2 soups or salads, warm rolls and butter, 2 entrees, and a bottle of wine. The Caesar salads were wonderful with fresh grated Parmesan cheese. I had a crab stuffed sole that was delicious! My husband said his top sirloin was the best he had in decades. I had a bite, and it was melt in your mouth delicious. The wine was worth drinking, which was greater than our expectations. Our server, Ally, was very attentive and pleasant. We liked the experience so much we came back a week later and had the wine dinner again.

Chatham
“perfectly consistent performance!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Having lived on the the Cape for many years, it is nice to know that you can go to a nearby tavern and get consistently great food without wondering about decent service, if they're open or if the food is fresh. My husband and I have never had a disappointing meal whether it be a burger and fries or a serious meal. It remains a constant in our restaurant repertoire and will continue to be among ourselves and our friends. As so many restaurants are closed on the Cape in the winter or have odd hours of operation, the 400 is ALWAYS open!

1 Thank Kim R
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Just like Cheers!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I'm a local and my family and I eat here at least once a week if not more! Theres something for everyone - Burgers for the guys - Big and Juicy - never just a frozen , flat patty! Fish tacos for me - one of my absolute favorites - and they will even give you a sweet potato instead of froes if you like! my daughter loves the chicken parm - huge portion - can never finish the whole thing.

400 East has the best french onion soup I've ever had - and we have tried many, many places. 2 more absolute musts are the artichoke/ spin dip - cheesy and lots of spinich with chunks of artichoked - also love the steak tips - they melt in your mouth!

The drinks are nicely poured and served with a smile. We are always treated like family when we go in - never have to wait very long if at all and the staff is friendly and always glad you came :)

PS - If you keep your receipt and go back in within a week they even give you 10% off your food bill!

Chatham, Massachusetts
“Fall-off-the-bone Baby Back Ribs Yum!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

One night after the second (or was it the third) winter storm, I wanted a "comfort food" meal and ordered Baby Back Ribs (BBR) to go from the 400 East. I ordered a full rack, thinking there might not be enough meat to make a meal out of a half rack. Boy, was I wrong! I had enough meat to save some for lunch the next day. The ribs were meaty, fall-off-the-bone tender, and the BBQ sauce had the perfect blend of tangy to sweet to smoky. (I'm drooling just remembering them!) Depending on the restaurant, ordering BBR can be a bit of a gamble. But that is NEVER the case at the 400 East!

Over the years, I have ordered probably everything on the menu at this excellent restaurant, and I keep coming back for more! Some of my personal favorites are the Scallop and Spinach Salad--so delicious; Chicken with Parmesan and Angel Hair Pasta (another great one for left over lunch the next day.) I love to order the Steak Teriyaki Tips (they cook them exactly the way you want them) and a small Caesar Salad for lunch. What a great combo! Yum! Every single thing on the appetizer menu is so flavorful that sometimes I go with friends and we order several appetizers and make a fun meal out of it.

Everything is always cooked to perfection and the wait staff are attentive and very good at explaining the great specials. It's a great place to go with the family or with friends. I've had business lunches there, too. The big booths make for very private conversations and the food is always great and not too pricey. I've even sat comfortably at the bar and had a meal by myself.

I'll bet the 400 East will quickly become a favorite for you too!

• Visited February 2013
Chatham
“Great food, good price, always reliable.”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have been eating at the Orleans, Harwich, Chatham restaurants for years and this is one of our favorites. Always reliable, great food, good, friendly service, and great value. My favs are the broiled scallops over spinach salad, or the lobster mac/cheese. The specials are always good, though and I've never had a bad meal. We go in for drinks. Great bar. A really fun place, and love the local photography. Makes it a home away from home. Good LOCAL fish is always fresh and a good deal.