“OMG”

Outer Bar and Grill
Ranked #16 of 75 Restaurants in Harwich
Cuisines: American
Description: The smell of salt air mingles with the aromas of casual summertime cuisine at the Cape's finest destination for informal dining and socializing. Relax and enjoy the sun, surf and scenic vistas from our inviting open-air dining room and seaside deck. Chef James Hackney's innovative menu offers mouth-watering choices for every taste, from crab cakes remoulade and char grilled Angus burgers to grilled pizzas and Panini.
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

I cannot write those three letters large enough to capture the enormous portions of 5 star quality food. Best restaurant experience of our trip to the Cape.

The tacos had the right balance of spice and flavor with the fried cod option. One member of our group ordered the portobello mushroom burger. The five layer burger hit all the right notes. Flatbread easily could have served two. Consider sharing entrees with these portion sizes.

Summer Julep drink was perfect for a sunny August day! Best original bourbon drink I've had in months.

With the stunning view and amazing food, this gem is surprisingly open to the public. While priced to match the high end resort, it is definitely worth the splurge.

WequassettResort, Manager at Outer Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Dear naplestastetester;

Thank you for your amazing review. We are so thrilled that the Outer Bar and Grille, was your best restaurant experience on the Cape. Our sincere appreciation for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2017

We have been coming to this spot for the view for several years now, and I can say that the setting is incredible! However, no matter how nice the staff is (except the bartenders, who are rude, and not skilled), the food is constantly mediocre. The best bets are the burger, oysters, shrimp, and any item the is raw seafood. Everything else is clumsy or inadequate. The choices of wines are limited and inadequate, as well as over priced. Even the beer list is weird. After ten years, revisiting every summer---I give up.

WequassettResort, Manager at Outer Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Dear Sam W,

Thank you for your review and for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are truly sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your experiences at the Outer Bar and Grille, and that you have decided not to return. It is also disappointing to learn that you did not receive hospitable service from some of our staff members, and that you did not find some of the food offerings to your liking.

I would welcome the opportunity to personally apologize and gain more insight on your meal. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2017

Overlooking Pleasant Bay and Eastward Ho! golf course, this is by fine one of the best waterview restaurants in the area. It is a very well maintained and run facility. We stopped in for lunch on our last day of vacation. They had just opened so plenty of seating. Unfortunately, the lower bar area is not open to non-members until 4pm. We were seating at a window overlooking the lower bar/pool area and Pleasant Bay, very lovely. There was plastic down over the windows and we were asked if we would like it up and we said yes, the temperature was awesome. The plastic was put up and a nice breeze came in. We ordered some beers and perused the menu. A lady who was seating at a table behind us, asked her waiter to close the plastic and he then proceeded to close it without so much as asking/acknowledging that we were sitting right there. Just a bit rude. We ordered a fish and chips and a lobster roll. Both were very good, though for about $25 the fish and chips was only one piece. Come on, I know you are a "fancy" place and I understand a high dollar lobster roll, but to charge that much for one piece of fried fish is a bit gouging. Our waitress was great and very efficient, however I was a bit taken back when I saw that 18% gratuity was automatically added to the bill. I don't seem to remember this stated anywhere. Kind of crappy, but as I normally leave 20% or more I took that as a sign to save myself a couple dollars. This is sad for the servers, but I guess I understand with people being tight and not tipping much. Still, a little heads up would go a long way.

WequassettResort, Manager at Outer Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Dear Jay G,

Thank you for dining with us during your vacation. We are pleased that you enjoyed the resort's location and beautiful views of Pleasant Bay.

I am sorry the gratuity was not brought to your attention. I have shared your feedback regarding this and your thoughts on menu pricing with the food and beverage team.

Please accept my sincere apologies that our staff member did not inquire about your preference when handling another guest request. We certainly did not intend to impact your experience in a negative manner.

We greatly appreciate you taking a moment to share your concerns with us, and hope you to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 14, 2017

We had two lunches here during our stay. Food was good except Grandson 2 rated lobster roll the worst of 4 or 5 he had. I tried it and lobster was processed--too many long strands of leg meat??? As expensive as it was it should have been freshly cooked....

WequassettResort, Manager at Outer Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2017

Dear Donna B,

Thank you for your review and dining at the Outer Bar and Grille during your stay. We were certainly disappointed to hear that your grandson's lobster roll did not seem fresh. Our culinary team is committed to offering our guests the highest quality product and freshest seafood, and it is unfortunate that we fell short with your experience. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, and we hope to have the opportunity to offer you a more memorable experience in the future.

Reviewed March 22, 2017

We live in Harwich. We go there many times during the season. The view is terrific. The food is excellent. The service is excellent. My wife says theirs is the best Lobster Roll of anyplace. We go alone, with family and friends. Everyone loves it.
I can't wait until it is open again for the season.

WequassettResort, Manager at Outer Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2017

Dear CapeCodderRER;

Thank you for your review of the Outer Bar and Grille. We are thrilled that it is a favorite of yours and that you enjoy the food, service and the restaurant's beautiful views. We look forward to welcoming you back this spring, as the Outer Bar and Grille is set to open on May 18th.

Best regards,