“Wequassett is wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Harwich
Wyckoff, NJ
“Wequassett is wonderful”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We just returned from our second visit to Wequassett and were not disappointed. This is the kind of place you that brings you back. The grounds are immaculate, the staff is exceedingly friendly and the rooms, amenities and views are, depending on your budget, unique and spectacular. On this visit our room had great harbor views, a private fenced veranda with two padded lounge chairs, a table and chairs, a personal outdoor whirlpool and an outdoor gas fire pit. Our bedroom had a gas fireplace. Unbelievable. Here's a few hints: 1) If water sports are your thing (and you have kids in tow) consider the (more pricey) units located closer to the pool. (whereas, if you stay further out, ask any staff member riding a golf cart for a lift up the hill to your room) 2) get a package that includes breakfast and stick to the fabulous buffet. 3) Let the bellhop help you with you bags, they know where they are going, help you turn the lights on and get some ice, and make it all start just right. 4) If you're a golfer make sure you play Cape Cod National, which is private except for resort privileges. What a great track! 5) Be aware that the Good Humor man visits the pool at 2 and 4pm every day! One final note, housekeeping is exceptional. Wequassett is an exceptional resort priced accordingly.

1 Thank R P
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear R P;

Thank you for your thoughtful review, we appreciate you taking the time to highlight many of the wonderful features that make the resort so special.

We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to your return in the very near future.

Director of Quality Assurance

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Boston, MA
Reviewed July 21, 2014

First time at the Wequassett....we had a fantastic stay in Sweet Pea. The resort and rooms are beautiful with a pirate ship area for the kids. We spent most of the time at the pool (comfy, plush lounge chairs, cozy towels, umbrellas and pool side service made it tough to leave). The service was exceptional--every touch point and staff interaction greeted us with a smile and "how can we help?" it made traveling with a 2 and 5 year old feel easy! Great vacation, hope to be back next summer.

Dear Heather B;

Thank you for selecting the resort for your family vacation. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit, and that our staff provided you with exceptional service.

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay, and hope you will make the resort a vacation favorite for many years to come.

Boston
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We have been having family vacation gatherings here for 10 years. My kids age (4-11) look forward to their week at the Wequassett more than any other vacation. They know the property and what to expect... but this year the wequassett was simply perfect. All made possible by a couple staff members.

It started on monday when I let the 4 kids walk to the pool bar by themselves for smoothies... my oldest was fortunate enough to run into Kevin at the bar. He made them comfortable, he was funny, he always had a fun fact of the day.. and they came back from the pool raving about how nice Kevin was.. in addition to asking where Dublin was located. As it goes.. wife happy, kids happy and dad is therefore happy.. but it didn't stop there.

One of the nights we celebrated my newly 9 yr old daughters birthday at the Grill upstairs. My son went down ahead to ensure we sat at Kevin's table. The bulgarian hostess was so nice to him.. I forget her name but this staff talks seriously to children and truly listens and helps them! So yes we have Kevin and we had a wonderful meal... I purchased cupcakes from chatham cookie co and had them chilling in the fridge at the restaurant. Then Kevin and crew brought them out to us on individual plates all with candles singing happy birthday. Kevin also made sure my daughter received a gift from the hotel.. Which she loved!

Bottom-line is that people like Kevin added such a personal touch to our stay this year. There were others like him helping us but he was the stand out. My kids always remember elements of their great vacations.. but this year it was the people of the resort that made the difference.

The only nit I have is with the new pool policy of not allowing nerf footballs or any pool balls to be thrown. I would like the resort to reconsider this after 10 years of being able to throw a ball with my sons in the pool. Otherwise we had an exceptional vacation.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank workhplayh
Dear workhplayh;

Thank you for wonderful review and being such a loyal guest of the resort. We are delighted that you and your family have selected the property as one of your favorite family vacation spots.

It is indeed a pleasure to receive such glowing feedback about our staff, in particular Kevin. We too feel that it’s the people that make the experience at the resort extra special and are extremely proud of our team’s dedication to providing our guests with outstanding service.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We look forward to your return next year!

Long Island, New York
Reviewed July 16, 2014

As a family we have been coming to The Wequassett for 7 years. We are a well travelled family who is used to good service and typically never go back a second time. This resort is impeccable in its level of food, service and hospitality. Each one of my children from 5-17 years age is made to feel as special as my wife and I. Simply, this place and its staff "get it". As a businessman I share my experiences on how this resort brands itself through authentic service and people. Here are some examples:
Pool: lunch, drinks, service of high quality. Warm, charming people, towels, lotion, water, ice cream truck coming around complimentary for kids. Activities for children...etc....
Beach: lunch delivered to boat with drinks and pop for kids. (They rushed order and delivered .. thanks Maureen and pool team) Captain Jim on boat, taught kids about sharks and whales, and took us to see sea lions, making our day "perfect".
Dinner: Food very good ... service and bus boys all friendly and wanted to do more to make our experience great. I never asked to have my water glass filled.
Breakfast: best part of day... my kids will get up for this!! Huevos rancheros... sooo good. From Jamaican pooridge to omlettes, fresh fruit, juices, eggs benedict, etc....to pirates greeting my kids on a pirate ship with buffet for them!
The view looking out over pleasant bay.. sunrises and sunsets, and the Cape cod moon. If you can't fall in love here ... shoot yourself... you are dead already!!
I am a NY foodie and appreciate the quality of what this resort does in every way. As far as activities the concierge's mission was to make our family have a fantastic time always... from bike rentals to digging oysters... and if thats not enough for you.... he felt bad that my schedule did not allow me to get oysters so he took it upon himself to send me home with a couple dozen. Mission accomplished Dave!!
I have sent clients here over the last 5 years and have received notes from each one with the same positive experiences.
Lastly, I have never ever written a comment in trip advisor.. this is my first... and to all who read .. you need to read no further... you will remember this vacation and perhaps even create the memorable life experiences my wife, i and our children will never forget... a family heritage.....and this is "priceless." Thank you all at Wequasset who read this!!! JJB

4 Thank JJB5959
Dear JJB5959;

Thank you for highlighting your recent stay in your first review on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful review and for sharing some of the special moments of your family vacation.

Thank you for being such a wonderful advocate of the resort. We appreciate your continued loyalty and your many referrals. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the resort very soon.

United States
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed at the resort with our two kids (ages 10 and 7) and had a wonderful weekend. Room was clean, very well maintained and luxurious. Property was absolutely beautiful -- landscaping, and how rooms, pool, restaurants are appointed overlooking the water is amazing. Breakfast/brunch was over-the-top delicious and service was excellent at all the restaurants. We got a cabana and while the resort tried to make it feel "special" by bringing by baskets of drinks/food etc., I don't think it was worth the money since chaises around pool were just as nice. We took the complimentary boat to the sandbar and it was spectacular. Walked around and took boat back an hour later. Perfect. Also, saw seals which was a lot of fun. Definitely recommend if looking for this type of experience but know that it's not the laid-back, mellow, beachy feel that I think about when I think of the Cape.

Room Tip: try to get a freestanding room and of course one overlooking the water is lovely...
Dear Dreamingmother;

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking a moment to share many aspects of your stay. We value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for a future visit.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We spent July 4th Weekend at the Wequassett and we were disappointed --- when we had to leave! This is truly a very special resort with a top flight staff. On the evening of July 4th, Tropical Storm Arthur hit the region pretty hard with overnight rains that lasted into the morning. By 10AM the resort had maintenance workers all over the grounds. By noon there was not so much as a blade of grass out of place. My daughter even had a noon tennis lesson, somehow they got the hard tru courts dried out quickly. Highly recommend the signature rooms, which I believe are new and are stunning. Like any resort there is always room for improvement. When we first arrived at the pool in the afternoon there were no chairs avail. We were told to check the lap pool for chairs. So we walked all the way over there but the lap pool is adults only. The main pool person should have known that wouldn't have worked since I was holding my 2.5 year old at the time. Second, I twice asked the front desk for assistance in cleaning out something from my car and there was no follow up on both requests. I got the sense that an 'out of the ordinary' request is something they had some difficulty processing. That could be improved. At a resort of this caliber, any request should be attended to. But putting those points aside, this is truly a remarkable resort. Every day there was special for my family. We will eagerly return next year.

Room Tip: go with the signature suites. very well done.
1 Thank Jason H
Dear Jason H,

Thank you for your balanced feedback and for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the resort. I have shared your thoughtful feedback, along with your recommendations for improvement with the team. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the resort in 2015.

Kittery, Maine
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is by far the nicest resort I have seen on the Cape. Property grounds are breathtaking. Every inch of the interior is clean, and all staff goes above and beyond, we had a georgous suite which was roomy, comfortable and amazing decor.
We will be here again, Soon!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lisa H,

Thank you for your kind words. We greatly appreciate you taking a moment to write a review and are delighted that you believe the resort is the nicest on Cape Cod. Thank you again for taking a moment to share your experience, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Director of Quality Assurance
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harwich
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Winstead Inn and Beach Resort
Winstead Inn and Beach Resort
#1 of 8 in Harwich Port

Been to Wequassett Resort and Golf Club? Share your experiences!