“Very nice resort”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Harwich
Westmount
“Very nice resort”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and two daughters in early August. First off, this is a very professionally run resort that caters to your every need. It is a very pretty place that is located on a bay near Chatham. The water is actually quite warm and very swimmable. There is a great pool area and a restaurant located right off of the beach. The pool always had two lifeguards on duty which I quite liked. The rooms are very well appointed and quite cozy. There can,at times, be some noise that comes through the walls. I suggest that you book an upper floor room.
The only thing that I wasn't crazy about was the beach area. You actually feel that you are more at a lake than the ocean. This is extremely petty on my part and certainly wouldn't deter me from going back. The hotel actually offers a service where they will take you to an actual beach by ferry.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your balanced feedback regarding your recent visit to the resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the resort's service, pool area and the boat shuttle to the beautiful Cape Cod National Seashore beach.

We appreciate that you took the time to comment on your stay and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the resort for a future visit.

Director of Quality Assurance

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our family just came back from another wonderful stay again this year! It was nice to reconnect with old friends as well as make new one! The stay is never long enough! Will look forward to another time there next year as well as many to come in the future! Do miss Lloyd though! It was also nice to meet Josette! Thank you again for another wonderful year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Martha,

It was a pleasure meeting you as well. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to your return in 2014.

boston ma
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were lucky to spend the weekend at this beautiful resort last May.
The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. We cannot remember staying at a place where absolutely everyone really tries to make the guests feel welcome and special.
The restaurants were fabulous in every way and the main pool was beautiful.
The adult pool was ok--not in a great setting and could have been a bit cleaner.
My husband golfed both mornings at the nearby course and was driven there by the staff both ways so I could use our car to explore Chatham.
The only reason I would not give this property 5 stars was the fact that we could hear the people in the room above us walking and talking and this did interfer with our sleep.
So ask for an upstairs room and this problem should be solved.
I cannot wait to visit this resort again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your balanced feedback regarding your visit to the resort this spring. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service, restaurants and our beautiful waterfront pool.

We appreciate that you took the time to comment on your stay and are delighted that your overall experience was enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at this resort. It was a great relaxing experience. Staff very friendly. Rooms clean. I score all categories 5/5. I gave the room 4/5 only because I encountered an ant on a few occasions (our room was on first floor). The breakfast buffet was outstanding and dinner at 28 Atlantic is phenomenal. We enjoyed our stay and highly recommend it to others. If we return to Cape Cod, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your visit to the resort. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, in particular your dining experiences in twenty-eight Atlantic.

We appreciate that you took the time to comment on your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort very soon.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We found the hotel to be a very good standard. The room we had was a bit small and I can't say it was great value at over a grand a night, but the facilities are excellent and the staff very pleasant. The pool, beach, and kids club mean there are always things going on to entertain a family.

Dear DJ,

Thank you for commenting on your recent visit. We appreciate your balanced feedback and are delighted that you enjoyed our family activities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Boston
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This place is great.. we've been coming here for years. There is so much to do at this place and around the area we had to map it out on day 1 to ensure we didn't miss anything. I'm going to list the options.. keep in mind i enjoy doing this stuff just as much as the kids.
1. Hang at the pool: Of course this is easy, kids love it, they bring around fruit twice a day and a 'good humor' truck pulls up at 2:30 and again later, think its 4ish to give the kids ice cream.. they love it.
2. Dive-in Movie: The pool group sponsors an evening kids movie, begins ~8 when the sun goes down, tons of candy popcorn, they lounge on the chairs and watch a movie outside.
3. Face painting/ games: Now I've seen face painters that will throw some red/ blue/ black paint on a kid and call him SPIDERMAN! but this woman looks like she's a makeup artist in Cats or Le Circ.. its pretty incredible what she transformed these kids into.. they loved it! of course the staff is great throughout this.. my daughter was helping them build a fire on the beach to prepare for the evening games/ face painting.
4. Hotel Boat to Outter Spit: Several times a day you can take the boat out to the spit of beach.. its truly an untouched beautiful beach to collect shells, swim or just chill. We saw Seals every time we did this (twice in a week) and they even provide chairs and umbrella for you off the boat.
5. Pirate Ship: The kids enjoyed playing at the pirate ship from 8-10am before the kids club begins.. shooting water at each other.. playing on this incredible ship.
6. Paddleboards: My kids and i wanted to try paddle boarding.. just $35 for an hour.. they got some excercise and tried something new... BTW the previous 4 items were all at no extra charge.
7. Fishing: The hotel has a deal with a local captain to bring you out fishing... i was a bit concerned about bringing my kids ages 3, 6, 8 & 10 along with my wife out fishing but we had a blast! Withing 60 seconds we had two blue fish to pull in.. then we caught two huge (44'') stiped bass and some more blue's. We kept one and gave the other to the captain.. tried to find some whales (unsuccessfully) then came back to watch a few hundred seals in the harbor. Two hour ride turned into three since we were having such a good time. This costs extra but well worth it for a memorable trip.

Overall this place is great.. if the kids are happy and busy so are the parents. My only suggestion would be to start the poolside service a bit earlier than 11:30am.. the place is packed on a good day by 10am and with kids getting up at 6-6:30am.. we are all hungry early. We stayed at the mother goose.. overall was good for a large family, my only suggestion would be to get a pest control plan going out there.. since there are lots of bugs.

Other than that.. we loved it and will look forward to next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank workhplayh
Thank you for your thoughtful review. I am delighted that you and your family had the opportunity to enjoy many of the resort’s wonderful activities.

I also appreciate your suggestions, which have been shared with our team. Thank you for choosing the resort for your family getaway and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Ridgeland, Mississippi
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Currently staying at the Wequassett and this resort is beautiful. We stay at luxury resorts all the time and we are disappointed with the 1st floor unit. I have never ever experienced this. You can hear people walking, things falling loudly, pounding etc etc etc. The ceiling really feels like they are going to drop down on us. We wake up because of this in the morning.... No relaxation in the afternoon in the room and no sleep at night till after midnight! I called the front desk to report this and to ask if something comes open if we could switch rooms. They said yes of course. Still no word. To travel this far and spend the amount we did on this trip... Very disappointed. Positives: great pool, kids area/ kids club, beautiful property and location.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room