Wequassett Resort and Golf Club
Coachman Motor Inn(South Harwich)
$175
Handkerchief Shoals Inn(South Harwich)(Great Value!)
$152
Cape Cod Wishing Well(West Harwich)(Great Value!)
$155
Hotwire.com
Bluefish Bed & Breakfast(Harwich Center)
$187
Official Site
$403
Seadar Inn By the Sea(Harwich Port)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Chatham Tides(South Chatham)
$365
$147
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsouter barmini barcape codatlantic restaurantfire pittennis courtspool areawater viewlobster rollpirate shipbeautiful propertyoverlooking the bayfour seasonsturn down servicenew englandoff seasonsliders
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at the Wequasset over the 4th of July in 2012 and the family had a great time. We came with our two daughters, ages 3 & 5. They loved the pool and the ice cream truck that delivers free ice cream every afternoon! We also rented a boat from the dock for ourselves and family staying in the area and everyone enjoyed that. While we were out there, my father in law got his shirts and t-shirt soaked. When we got back to the resort my husband tried to go buy his dad a t-shirt but they didn't have any in his size. It wasnt a big deal. But when we got back to the room that night, on our bed there was a Chatham t-shirt for my father in law as well as t-shirts for my daughters and little stuffed animals and a lovely hand written note from the manager of the store. It was really above and beyond customer service and it just left the best impression on us. Wequasset may be pricey but their service is tops!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Katekara
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the resort’s special amenities.

We were also pleased that our retail manager took such great care of you and your family, as these extra special touches are truly what Wequassett is known for.

I will be sure to share your wonderful feedback with the team and we look forward to welcoming all of you back to the resort for a future visit.

Best regards,

Josette Cristalli Willis
Director of Quality Assurance

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here for a business conference. The resort is very nice. Lovely restaurants, good food, great views, nice meeting space, accommodating staff. But, the sleeping room was definitely below standard. It was a first floor "garden" room that hadn't been updated in a very long time. The air conditioner was SO NOISY it had to be turned off. The TV did not work, even after the very nice staff tried to fix it. The floors were VERY creaky. And even worse - anytime anyone in the room above us walked around the whole room creaked and shook. If no one is above you, or if they don't get up in the night - probably not an issue. But, we were awoken many times. This room did not fit in this resort. Everything else was great.

Room Tip: This resort would have been given a higher rating EXCEPT for the sleeping room. If you go - definitely push for a top floor room in a better building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tamara7727
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have stayed a week at the Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, partly because of my participation in a 3 day seminar. I was very glad that I decided to arrive earlier and to stay a little bit longer, as the service level of this hotel is outstanding and its location is almost unbeatable. This is a very popular summer destination, but I was glad to have been there during the winter, as the light and the colours are just amazing. Only bad experience was due to my own fault: not bringing my full camera gear.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Travel-Frans
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I apologise to Josette for the delay in leaving this review.

We decided that as we had both reached our 40th birthdays we would embark upon a 12 holidays in 12 months. Our trip to Wequassett in October 2012 was the last 3 days of our 2 weeks touring the east cost of America from DC, through New York and Boston.

Our agents in the UK had hyped up Wequassett so much that we had such high hopes for a fantastic end to our 12 months visiting some of the worlds most beautiful cities and hotels.

We arrived early afternoon and enjoyed a wonderful late lunch overlooking the bay in glorious sunshine. This was followed by a walk upon the deserted beach and jetty offering us some spectacular photo opportunities. We decided to eat in Thoreau's and it has an energetic and busy vibe when we arrived. It was very busy and there were a few couples waiting for tables so we ordered a bottle of wine and enjoyed this at the bar. It was not long until we were seated and started to enjoy the excellent fare. Unfortunately, there was a crowd of middle aged men (perhaps on a conference or golfing break) who were shouting and swearing and causing a lot of commotion for the staff to try and deal with. Duty managers were called but the volume and language continued until the pool bar was opened for them to have their own area to be loud in. We put this down to a one off and retired for the night.
We had booked the ferry from Falmouth to go to Martha's Vineyard for the next day, so we were out most of the day and decided we really could not be bothered to jump in the car and find somewhere to eat, so gave Thoreau's a second try. Oh dear, different crowd, same issue - too much to drink and they start to shout and swear. We can't hold the hotel responsible for the guests, but it could have been dealt with swiftly and efficiently for the other guests to enjoy their surroundings.
Again we retired to the room but as we were both upset by this plus a few other issues I won't go into, I chose to write down our concerns and drop these off at reception that evening.

We woke to a flashing light on the phone and a request to meet Josette Willis, the Director of Quality Assurance. Josette was well aware of the issues in Thoreau's and wanted to do everything in her power to resolve our concerns. I often judge the true quality of service as, how an organisation deals with matters when they haven't quite gone to plan. In this instance Josette wanted us to be able to leave Wequassett with the most wonderful memories.
Josette offered for us to be moved to one of the signature water view suites for our final night as well as laying on some extra special touches when we dined in Twenty Eight Atlantic. Josette arranged for James Hackney the Chef to come out and talk us through the food. Josette also laid on some very special touches as well as getting a call from the Director of Operations to apologise and say that all the staff wanted to ensure we had a wonderful stay at the resort.

By listening to our concerns and doing something about it, our impressions went from disappointment to complete amazement. Our issues had been acknowledged and the whole team wanted us to leave with happy memories.

Thank you to all the staff at Wequassett for helping to make our last few days of our year of holidays to celebrate our 40th Birthdays a wonderful and memorable experience.

Marcus Whawell

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank CharfieldPTC
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at Wesquassett Resort in October for a 2 night business meeting. Autumn in Cape Cod is absolutely beautiful. You really get a feel of all the colors and textures that New England has to offer. The rooms were incredibly spacious and gorgeous, decorated in a nautical New England vibe. I stayed room 213 and 215. Both rooms are right behind the reception building. Room 213's view looks at reception building. The rooms had a beautiful bathroom with a spacious tub with hot jets. Bathroom was also had great Molton toileteries. It came in handy when I took a nice soak in the tub after some long meetings. The rooms will make the technically savvy people have some fun. TV, radio, music and lights are all controlled via a tablet. Unfortunately, I did not have much rest my first night. As convenient as it is to have all the electronics hooked up together, something was very wrong and created a terrible static noise in the ceiling speakers. It woke me up at 1AM and multiple times until management finally had me moved to room 215 at 3:30AM. I did appreciate their quick response, especially at such a late hour. Room 215 had a scenic view of the cove outside the terrace. Same set up as room 213, but better view by far.

On our first night there, I had dinner at Twenty-Eight Atlantic restaurant at the resort. The room they had us in was lovely and the food was nice. In the morning, we had breakfast at the same restaurant. Coffee is delicious. Much better than the Keurig machines in the rooms. The breakfast buffet had a great spread of cereals, breads, fruits and hot foods.

All in all, a great stay regardless of my one sleepless night. Fantastic way to connect with Cape Cod. While you're down there, don't miss seeing the Chatham lighthouse which sits at the tip of the Cape.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business