“Lovely place, service great, not all rooms created equal”

Wequassett Resort and Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Harwich
Charlotte
“Lovely place, service great, not all rooms created equal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Great time at business event this past week. Weather brilliant! Service very accomodating. Never felt like a request was too much or any problem. Surrounding area is quintessential New England. Stayed in "mother goose" a house owned by the Wequasset slightly off property. 3 bedroom 2 bath. A lovely waterside, cape style home very cute and cozy even if a bit musty. Great first floor open living space, very comfortably furnished, gets beautiful morning light streaming in and offers generous water/dock view. Two normal size bedrooms up with kings-one with balcony facing water and sunrise view. Huge, private master suite down with king and big sitting area and dressing area plus walk out to patio with beautiful water view and small nieghborhood dock/boat launch where I watched locals come and go; swans float past; all manner of water fowl, a guy fishing at sunset from the dock with his lab throwing him little fish as he caught them-which the dog gobbled up, then ended the evening stargazing before bed each night-brilliant! It was like being in some quaint movie! The house is older so if you are expecting new, this might not be for you. A few dead crickets to be disposed of as I walked through the place but nothing awful or unexpected for a waterside home. Housekeeping could step it up a bit for the price and the fridge could be stocked with a few beverages- no mini bar and it is a short hike to the resort. They gladly brought me some waters and sodas but would of been nice to have there already. They will come retrieve you in a golf cart and take you back to the resort but the house phone is not connected to the resorts so this was a bit confusing at first and the bell staff needs to instruct guests how to reach the property. They need to clearly leave number to reach front desk. Once I located some resort literature and found the local number for the resort, it was fine. This is something easily addressed and would make the guest experience much better. Having my own car made coming and going easy, so I recommend others consider this factor. All that said, I'd return but as others have pointed out, I would be selective about my room choice. FYI, the spa for the hotel is in town, so they have one but it's not on propert. They will gladly drive you at no charge anywhere you'd like to go locally in one of the resorts Lexus SUV's. Nice touch.

Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Roberta S
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Roberta;

Thank your balanced feedback regarding your recent experience at the resort. We were delighted to hear you enjoyed your business event and that you received the outstanding service the resort is known for.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a detailed overview on your experience at the Mother Goose house. I have shared your feedback with the management team along with your suggestions on how we could improve the experience in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if you have any additional feedback you would like to share. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for a future visit.

Director of Quality Assurance

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

The setting here is superb. The view from the main pool is fabulous and there are sumptuous beds around the pool, with lovely deep cushioning. Service by the pool is wonderful too. Iced water was brought around to us, our sunglasses were cleaned, we ate little pots of mango sorbet...all brought as we lay there lazily. The waiters were all excellent, very friendly in the pool areas and we grew very fond of a couple during our stay. The gardens are beautifully kept around the 'blocks of rooms' and quite exquisite. The choice of restaurants was also very good, from eating by the pool, to the more pucker restaurant (more expensive obviously) - I have no criticism of these different areas.

We took a boat trip from the hotel to see a colony of seals nearby and found about 900 seals on a sandbank - superb trip out...I think we were lucky with the amount of seals...it was a wonderful experience and worth the money (I think it was about £20 a head or thereabouts).

NOW THE DOWN SIDE. We had to change rooms when we were there which wasn't a problem and due to changing our holiday booking at a late stage to stay at Wequassett longer than anticipated we expected this. HOWEVER, we learnt that if you stay in a ground floor room as opposed to a first floor room you will suffer with a terrible din from above, due to the buildings being made of timber. We were woken at 3am and 5am, simply because someone above got up and walked across their room to use the WC! The rooms were not as plush I would have expected for the money. They had old fashioned air conditioning units and the bathrooms had curtains over the baths, for showering. The rooms let the rest of the place down. We paid a lot of money to stay here and we thought we would have a room with a nicer view. The rooms were the disappointing part of this stay. Having said this I would go back but INSIST ON HAVING A ROOM WHERE NO ONE IS ABOVE US! Our 1st room was so much better on 1st floor over-looking the adult pool (smaller quieter pool at the top of the resort).
This place is lovely though and I learnt from a guy who lives nearby, who had membership there, that we were staying in the best place in Cape Cod. I asked him how it compared to the Chatham Bars hotel and he said 'this is better'. I told him I would see him when he came to England as he stays at the Four Seasons in Dogmersfield, Hampshire where I have membership! Touche! Haha! Anyway, despite me slating the rooms, I would go back, but like I say INSIST on a room with no one above. I have fab memories of this place, as do all the family. NB: THERE IS NO SPA, WHICH SEEMS ODD IN SUCH A PLACE OF THIS STANDARD. We would have used a spa if there had been one, for massages and nails ;-)

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are very noisy. The people above can be heard all the time due to the buildi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mishmunnypenny
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to the resort. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful setting, restaurants and our waterfront pool along with its amenities. We were pleased that our team provided you with an outstanding service experience and that a few of them made an extra special impression on you.

We were disappointed to hear that your accommodations did not meet your expectations. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you, as we are currently in the process of determining renovations for our 2013 season and consider all guest feedback to be helpful in this process. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. My best wishes for a pleasant fall season.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

The resort sees itself as a high end luxury resort; certainly its prices suggest it. Service is fabulous; the staff is friendly, attentive and capable. The setting is beautiful. The facilities, however, do not meet the test. Our rooms were old, and not well maintained. The single wall air conditioner needed to be replaced as it didn't work. The screen door on the deck kept falling off; the bathroom was far less than luxurious and not in good condition, and a window would not close. The pool area was similar. Chairs were stained, grassy areas muddy, and the pool walls dingy.

In general, while the potential is wonderful, the facilities need some attention to merit the positioning of the resort in the market.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mpols
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed the resort’s setting and that our team provided you with the outstanding service the resort is known for.

We were certainly disappointed to receive your feedback regarding your room accommodations and your dissatisfaction with our pool area. We are currently planning our annual improvements for 2013 and I would be delighted to speak with you to receive more specific feedback that may assist us in this process.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024. Thank you for your invaluable comments regarding our operation. Our best wishes for a pleasant fall season.

chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This resort is bliss. My husband and I went there to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We stayed in a cottage. Wequassett has several rooms to choose from. The resort has every amenity one could want on cite. Tennis, private cabanas, seal watches, a gym, not to mention excellent dining. I highly recommend their grilled vegetable panini sandwich. The property itself is nothing short of gorgeous. The landscaping is breathtaking. The staff - extremely accommodating (not that we had a single complaint). The resort supplies a shuttle to take its residents directly to nearby Chatham. Used that and it was great so we didn't have to struggle with parking. Every morning there's a boat to take you to on a seal watch. It was a true retreat welcoming to adults and children. Those of you wanting a pool without kids - hit the lap pool. Quiet. All in all, I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We were pleased to hear you chose the resort for your special anniversary celebration and that you enjoyed your room accommodations, the resort’s amenities, beautiful surroundings and our food and beverage offerings.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if I may be of any assistance to you during a future visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for many anniversary celebrations to come.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Those looking for a luxurious and relaxing stay at an upscale resort should stay here! The rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated and the staff throughout the property is very accommodating! Although it's not the cheapest place to stay, it's well worth every penny.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit. We are pleased that you enjoyed your room accommodations and that our team provided you with the outstanding service the resort is known for.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if you need any assistance during a future visit. Best wishes for a pleasant fall season.

Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were the parents of the groom at the Wequassett and were so impressed with everything about it. The event was so special and memorable in part due to the beauty of the venue ( beautiful grounds, impeccable service, and the ocean!!), in part due to the quality of every dish served, and perhaps most of all due to the professionalism of the Wequassett planner, Kelson. How he manages to make everything happen like clockwork, solve every problem while maintaining calm and caring rises to the level of an artform. Truly.
The quality of the food was remarkable. The wedding guests are still talking about how wonderful all of the dishes were. A night to remember!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bluesboys
JosetteWillis, Manager at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your son’s wedding. We are delighted that you and your guests had such a special evening.

I have taken the opportunity to share your thoughtful feedback with Kalson and the entire food and beverage team; as it is our sincere goal to make each and every wedding a memorable one.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 if I may be of any assistance to you. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for a future visit.

Englewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Overall we were very happy with our experience at Wequassett. It was our first time to Cape Cod and we were pleasantly surprised with the excellent location of the resort. The hotel staff were generally professional, courteous and eager to please. The property is beautiful with lush landscaping and a stunning pool that overlooks Pleasant Bay. Although my children did not attend the camp, it offered creative and exciting programming. My five year old son loved the pirate ship play area, which is open to non-campers before 10:30 AM and between 3:00 and 4:30 in the afternoon. We stayed in the Rose building in a Garden view room. The rooms were large and the bathrooms were well-appointed. My only complaint about the room is that the pillows were not very comfortable.The concierge were very helpful and provided a multitude of activity choices for both rainy days and non-rainy days. We enjoyed taking the boat launch to the National Seashore and also enjoyed the nearby Cape Cod Rail Trail. I reserved a cabana by the pool and was very happy with the service for the cabanas. We would definitely return to Wequassett in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your recent visit with us. We are truly delighted that you chose the resort for your first family vacation to Cape Cod.

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, your accommodations, the resort’s gardens and the pool area. I have also taken the opportunity to share your feedback with the children’s center, the concierge and the recreation team and to personally thank them for their efforts.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 508-430-3024 when you are ready to plan your next visit to Cape Cod. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort very soon.

Director of Quality Assurance
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harwich
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,035 reviews
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa

Been to Wequassett Resort and Golf Club? Share your experiences!