“Lovely stay at the Wequassett Resort” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Wequassett Resort and Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Harwich
Strafford, Pa.
“Lovely stay at the Wequassett Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2007

This was our first visit to the Wequassett Resort and we would definitely return. Despite the fact that we booked the room through [--], which meant we received a reduced rate, we were treated like top-flight guests. We had a lovely second-story room overlooking the cove; the grounds of the property were beautifully kept and blanketed with flowers; and we had an excellent meal in the hotel's Atlantic 28 restaurant. Most of all, the staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. Bravo!

• Liked — Beautiful grounds, lovely staff
  • Disliked — Nothing I didn't like
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Kelso, Scottish Borders
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2007

We stayed at Wequassett, sadly for only one night, before heading over to the Vineyard. We had already visited a number of spots in New England and had been impressed by the accommodation generally but Wequassett was undoubtedly the star. On arrival we were told we had been upgraded to a Cottage room which lay just a short distance behind the reception area. Our room was spacious, the beds and bathroom sumptuous and all decor in excellent condition. It was such warm weather that we laughed at the idea of having a fireplace with gas real flame fire however having fiddled with the air con and then left for the evening we came back to Arctic conditions and were so glad of it! (in Scotland we haven't much need for air con and don't know much about working it!). All of that proved both fire and air con were very efficient!
Our evening meal on the terrace above the pool was very good though service mid meal was extremely slow. I am not sure of the reason for this, and we were content enjoying the wonderful location, however I was impressed by the fact that even though we had made no complaint, the manageress approached our table, told us we had been expected to wait far too long and that our bottle of wine was "on the house."
My only criticism would be that when we breakfasted in 28 Atlantic, breakfast was delicious but we found the staff just a bit too attentive, whisking plates, little jars of jam etc away before we had time to decide if we'd like another pastry and continually leaning over and mopping up the few crumbs from our mats - making us feel as if we were very sloppy eaters!
On arrival home there was an e-mail thanking us for our visit and asking for some comments re our satisfaction with Wequassett.
I put a very flattering comment at the end but nonetheless was pleasantly surprised to receive a personal letter from the general manager a week or two later thanking me for my comments. (A nice touch from a large hotel to someone who had only stayed for one night). We will return - if we can afford it - and for considerably longer next time.

• Liked — location/grounds
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2007

The inn is very nice. They just re-did the whole pool area and surrounding bars and restauraunt. very, very nice. The main restaurant, 28 Atlantic might just be the best on the Cape, and might
just have the best view too. One pet peeve is that they say they are in the town of Chatham and they are actually in East Harwich. There is nothing wrong with East Harwich, but why lie and say you are in Chatham? Seems pretty weird.

• Liked — nice grounds and setting
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
chicago illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2007

We went to the Wequassett for five days in mid-august, followed by five days in Nantucket. As a youngster I spent part of almost every summer at the Cape where my grandmother had a summer house. I chose the Wequassett because of it's fine reputation and because it seemed less 'rustic' than most Cape Cod resorts.
The room was very nice, but it looked like any Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton resort room anywhere. It was nice, but generic and had no affinity with its environment.
I am definitely a pool lover, and the pool area LOOKS wonderful. Within an hour of arrival my ten year old and I were at the pool. So were hundreds and hundreds of yellow jackets. I am not kidding, they were everywhere. Kids were getting stung right and left. I asked if this was usual, and at first the staff acted as if the bees didn't exist, then one lifeguard said they had arrived five days earlier. A woman in the poolside restaurant said they had been 'treating' the past few nights and the bees seemed even more disturbed after the treatment. We ordered lunch at the restaurant, and were swarmed so badly that they moved us inside. Unfortunately, the inside part only had glass doors, which were left open, and after shooing the bees away from my son's pizza, we asked that the food be wrapped up and we brought it back to our room. No one from the hotel cared.
For the rest of our stay we left the hotel and went elsewhere in Chatham to swim.
I found the food to be mediocre. The Grill was closed due to weddings or corporate events. We ate (after dark when the bees had gone to sleep) at the poolside restaurant. I was surprised that it didn' t offer any seafood. It is a very pretty location.
I had also reserved a rollaway bed for my son. It was never provided, despite reminders. However, when I checked out they had charged me $25 per night for it. They took it off, but only after some cross examination, which I thought was fairly rude.
All in all, I cannot recommend this hotel, I would stay elsewhere in Chatham.

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Bees!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kathy B
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2007

We spent a weekend with our two small children. The entire staff could not have been more helpful and welcoming - we had booked a birthday cake for our daughter and somehow on our arrival everyone we encountered was wishing her a Happy Birthday. The launch to the National Seashore was free and very convenient, the pool area is fantastic. The rooms are nice, but not spectacular (given the pricing) which was fine for us as we really got value from the other facilities. We will go back.

• Liked — Service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2007

My husband and I got engaged at the beach on the Cape and went to the Wequassett Inn for a few days afterwards. They knew we had just gotten engaged and made the weekend unbelievably special for us... rose petals in our room when we came back from dinner, candles, an upgraded room. The property itself is fabulous... complete with a private boat to take you to the outer beach anytime. We are going back this year for our anniversary... cant afford to stay there anymore (the prices seem to have really gone up!), but at least we're having dinner at the restaurant and walking around the grounds.

• Liked — personalized service, beautiful accommodations, private boat to outer beach
  • Stayed September 2005, traveled as a couple
Thousand Oaks, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2007

Booked a small corporate group at Wequassett in July, 2006.

We wanted a site on the water, within 2 hours of an international airport.

Wequassett was a great setting for our group. The meeting space and dining facilities I would rate highly! The food in Grill restaurant for one private dinner was so-so. The main dining room had a great breakfast buffet. Sleeping rooms were fine. The Cottages of course, were very nice.

The combination of the meeting space and the outdoor areas for lunches and "happy hours" was some of the nicest I've seen.

I would recommend Wequassett for your vacation or corporate group.

• Liked — Great setting with view of Pleasant Bay
  • Disliked — Would have liked to have more open space (walking trails) around property
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harwich
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,020 reviews

Been to Wequassett Resort and Golf Club? Share your experiences!