“Old and dirty”

Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hamden, Connecticut
“Old and dirty”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We tried Dino's for breakfast and 3 out of 4 of us were disappointed. My 10 year old daughter said her scrambled egg was the best she had ever had. The coffee was weak. The OJ was served in a single serve container with a plastic cup on the side. My veggie omelette was just okay. The homefries were swimming in grease and only half cooked. The toast was barely toasted. My husband got the blueberry pancakes and they were small and tasteless. To make matters worse the only smile was from one waitress. I picked up my last piece of toast and a bus girl? with a frown on her face snatched up my plate mid-bite. I asked her for more coffee and she didn't even acknowledge that she had heard me. I don't understand what the high ratings are for. Please don't waste your time.

• Visited August 2013

“Love this place!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I've been to many breakfast places down the Cape and Dino's is the best! The scrambled eggs are absolutely delicious, probably the best I've ever had. The Omelettes are great, too. My family also loves the Strawberry and Chocolate Chip pancakes. Service is quick and efficient and it looks like an old-fashioned breakfast place. But don't be fooled by appearances, everything is made with the highest quality and freshest ingredients.

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta
“great breakfast”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Dino's was extremely busy when we arrived, but it didn't take long to get a booth. The restaurant is small, so large families may have trouble sitting together. Service was fast - the waitresses weren't overly friendly, but I think it's because they are so busy. We all enjoyed our food, it was the best breakfast we had while visiting the cape. FYI - they are a cash only restaurant, like many in the cape.

• Visited July 2013
West Dennis
“Great local diner”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

It's simple, casual and the food is homestyle with hash home fries and super friendly service. The coffee is a fresh brewed cup of happiness which isn't always easy to find. The menu is simple and very affordable for the Cape with some good combos.

Visited May 2013
Central Mass
“Defintely "just average"”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We sought out this little hidden breakfast place based on an article that we read in a Cape Cod publication. It is only average. I guess we missed the beat on our visit with a friendly staff as they were not very inviting or warm towards us. Yes, the homefries are real potatoes freshly cooked on the griddle, but that woud be about it! The hash was certainly not the best on Cape Cod--there are far better breakfast places that have great hash. We did not have to wait to be seated as it was the off-season, but it was steadily busy. Prices are reasonable. Average food.

• Visited March 2013