“Very Nice Place. Beautiful Scenery.”

Wyndham at Bentley Brook
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hancock
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pennsylvania, United States
“Very Nice Place. Beautiful Scenery.”
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Stayed here with my three young boys in septemeber of 2008. The rooms were very very clean and no issues there. The time share people were pushy here. I have ownership with them and they were still pushy with me. Unplug your phone.

The mountain was lovely. Not much to do there in September though. No skiing obviously, and Jimney peak activities like the moutain roller coaster and little park area were only open on the weekend. We did see Shaker village and hung out a lot at the pool area. The Jacuzzies and the pool areas were very clean.

It was quiet and relaxing and they had bondfires at night with some smores too. Which was fun for my kids.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We stayed with another couple in a well equipped two bedroom unit. The unit was clean, plentiful towels, good stock in kitchen. I did not have any problems with the unit, grounds, checkin, resort. However, I was continually harassed by the timeshare sales force. The phone rang non-stop several times per day. I advised them repeatedly that I was not interested in a presentation. On Day 3 my husband was not feeling well and I advised them again to stop calling. Instead the marketing team sent a sales person to our room! The salesperson repeatedly knocked and banged on the door until I answered it! They will stop at NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to sell you. I would avoid this resort unless you like this type of behavior.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank LisaPuraVida
Reviewed February 12, 2010

doesn't matter if your on or off season, this place has it all! Hiking Mt Greylock or the Apelecian Trail just a few miles away. Or climbing Jimmny peak itself without snow is fun! We ended up sliding down a steep ski slope on the long grass. Have short clips of it, wish we could post it. Picturesque. Jaquzzi's and pool year round. Loved it!

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank epicurianfairies
MA
Reviewed January 16, 2010

We've stayed here twice in the last two months. This is a timeshare condo resort located at the base of the Jiminy Peak Ski Rsort. It has many amenities like hot tubs, pools, small movie theater, gym, sauna, game room, etc.

This is a very comfortable resort that is geard towrards families. During school vacation times, expect a lot of kids. it can get a little noisey and busy. Other times, the resort is much quieter.

The units are mostly two bedroom two bath condo-style with kitchens. There are some one bedroom and studio units as well. Most have in-room washers and dryers.

When staying at a time-share condo resort like this, you shouldn't expect the same hotel services as a full-service hotel (room service, restaurants, quick check-ins, late check-outs, etc.) In return, you get large condo style units and a lot of resort amenities (pools, hot tubs, etc.). The staff seems good at this resort, but it takes awhile to check in which is a little frustrating and a little chaotic.

The pool was a little cool (it's indoor-outdoor). The hot tubs were plenty hot. The ski-in ski-out location is great.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MassVacati0ner
Connecticut
Reviewed January 14, 2010

People who are expecting 5 star luxury at these New England ski locations are a bit out of touch. If you want the Ritz Carlton at Beaver Creek, pay for it and be done. If you want a nice, fun, enjoyable family ski location then this will work fine for you. This place really over delivered as far as I am concerned and I have traveled and skied quite a bit.. The 2 bedroom unit was spacious and quite liveable, great views of the slopes. The pool, hot tubs, exercise rooms were all fine. We enjoyed their mini movie theater with our son and he and the other children giggled nonstop during the "Ice Age 3" while enjoying their popcorn. This place is set up well for the skier, ski-in, ski-out, ski lockers downstairs, and very decent skiing day and night. Kitchen set up was about average and the restaurants in the village and surrounding area were all just fine. Couple of negatives: front desk staff was young and a little inexperienced, but helpful nonetheless. They were having some cable TV issues on the premises but it was tolerable and being fixed as we were leaving. The walls are somewhat thin but that too was tolerable because people were courteous. The fire alarm went off twice during the week for about a minute each time because people were cooking (or over cooking I should say) and there are no range hoods; there is just an exhaust fan on the microwave. Place was clean overall and the week really turned out well. This was a timeshare exchange for me and I always come into these things with and open mind...I am not expecting to live in the lap of luxury for the 7 days I live here. I want a clean place with decent amenities and I don't freak out over a few hiccups along the way.
Our family enjoyed our stay here and I would come back here in a heartbeat.

P.S. Free Wi-Fi in the rooms, do some exploring when you get there because they don't do a great job of telling you about the amenities when you arrive.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank rogersb11
rye
Reviewed January 3, 2010

If planning on staying at the Wyndham Bentley Brook, I have two words for you. Ear plugs. Every day the fire alarm went off in our building for a few minutes. It was blaring and deafening, and seemed to be the norm for this place. The walls are paper thin and you can hear what your neighbors are watching on television, even if it happens to be at 3 in the morning! The guests on our hallway played soccer, banged pots and pans for an hour after midnight on New Years, and were content running up and down the hallway screaming, while riding a luggage cart. The desk was called several times, and yet the people could be heard until two am. The televisions in our room were sub par and had wiggly lines. Linens were not in the room and the front desk had to be called, which the girl gave attitude about. We will not be going back to this Wyndham and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mthrof3Rye
CT
Reviewed December 27, 2009

Upon check-in, we requested a slope view of Jiminy Peak Mountain, which was graciously provided in the main building. Exiting from the back of the building to get to the slopes was tricky, no path to get there.
Very clean rooms. Micro popcorn & hot chocolate provided in room. Staff overly friendly. Enjoyed "Coffee Bar" in lobby.( I wouldn't have brought my own if I'd known).
Main building hasd a small movie theather! Saw "Ice Age" with more free popcorn.
Outdoor hottub & indoor pool was nice.
Basement arcade small, but nice.
Definately would return.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank CtKitty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hancock
Vacation Village in the Berkshires
Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge

Been to Wyndham at Bentley Brook? Share your experiences!