“They need to exterminate.....buggy”

Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Hancock
More attraction details
Owner description: Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort is the premier four season resort in Berkshire County, MA. A resort where ease of the guest experience is paramount, Jiminy Peak has a thoughtfully designed village center with all of its amenities conveniently located on the way to the lifts and a trail system where all trails funnel back to the base area. In addition, three lodges, two restaurants on property, and separate facilities for both its children’s and first-timer programs (each complete with their own rental shops) help guests make the most of their experience. In the winter, Jiminy Peak offers skiing and snowboarding on 45 trails accessed by 9 lifts, with 96% snowmaking coverage. With 21 lit trails, Jiminy Peak offers night skiing and snowboarding until 10pm. Jiminy Peak offers 4 and 8 hour passes that begin at the time of purchase in order to accommodate skiers arriving throughout the day.Summertime means Mountain Adventure at Jiminy Peak. Climb through the levels of Jiminy’s Aerial Adventure Park, a harnessed, self-guided experience that brings participants up into the canopy for an exhilarating physical and mental challenge as they navigate elements such as ziplines, tight ropes, suspended bridges and many others. Or for a completely different set of thrills, head to Mountain Adventure Park to weave through trees on the Alpine Slide, traverse the mountainside on the Mountain Coaster, reach for the sky on the Giant Swing or experience one of the many other attractions featured in the park. Also offered in the summer are hiking, lift-access downhill mountain biking, great dining options and retail locations.During the spring summer and fall months Jiminy Peak becomes a full conference resort using its multitude of spaces to host weddings, business conferences and corporate outings of all sizes, and has an on-site staff of experienced conference sales managers to help plan your perfect event.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Too many bugs.....probably the nicest time to go would be winter for skiing and when bugs would not be seen.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our family had a good time at the mountain park, but it is expensive and only had 8 activites included, one which was not working. We loved the mountain coaster

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort (summer visit) is a fantastic place, middle of nowhere, quiet, serene, the whole thing you'd expect.

The rides are incredible, the alpine slide, mountain coaster, rope climb course. Honestly, everything about this place is just top notch ...

EXCEPT ...

Their ticketing policies.

Their prices are high, but you know this going in, so don't be alarmed when they charge you $50 for a day pass. It's well advertised and publicized everywhere what it costs.

The reason for a two star rating is simply this: They couldn't be more unprofessional and rude regarding aspects of their ticket policy toward kids.

Our son is 55" tall. He's also 8 years old.

We go in, they measure him, "Yup, he's an adult. $49" (the youth ticket is $29). Fair enough, $49 for my 8 year old son, but thinking he's cool since he's an "adult" now, we sorta laugh it off.

He and I haul over to the first ride we want to go on, and walk up to the gate with the height bar, and the girl asks "How old are you?"

"Eight"

"You have to ride with someone."

You want to see exasperation first hand, this was it. He was so let down.

And I was FURIOUS!

I just bought an "adult" ticket for my kid, based on HEIGHT, and now there's an age thing. I went back to the ticket counter, and again, couldn't have been more cold and rude about it all they strongly said everything is by height.

I responded, "Oh really? Why then is he an adult, but has to ride with me on the mountain coaster."

"Well, that's the only one that is by age, he has to be 9."

Again, I'm livid, but not yelling or flipping out.

"Okay, here's the deal. Your signage says nothing about age other than a "youth" ticket has to ride with someone that is at least 16 years old."

This was their response, honest to God, this is what the woman responded with, "We didn't make the signs."

Then I got a little loud.

"You BOUGHT and INSTALLED them!!! They're your signs and they're wrong!"

No "I'm sorry" nothing like that at all, just a shoulder shrug.

"Okay here's the deal. You refund the $20 difference since my son is obviously a youth or I'll just call my credit card company and decline the whole charge."

Again, no response, woman just sat there presumably ignoring me ... at which point I got the funny feeling she'd heard all this before ... a LOT.

Anyway, it's really too bad. The place is spectacular, and as long as you go in knowing you're going to pay a lot, it can be a great time. The grounds are wonderful, the Tavern restaurant is as "ski-resort bar and grill" as you could ever want, and the "kid" staff is awesome. It's the adults that are jerks.

Will I go back? Doubtful, unless I get a smokin' deal on an overnight/ticket package and I just happen to be going through there. Otherwise, I would never make it my sole destination.

(picture attached to show the signage that couldn't be more clear that the adult rides everything alone, and the youth has to ride some rides with a 16yr old. Uggghhhh....)

1  Thank rjcalnan
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Loved this day! Took five kids, ages 7 to 13. They all did the Aerial park and I enjoyed the Mountain rides. Everyone there was helpful and we all had a great time!

1  Thank Mamaluke3
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were very impress when we arrived at Jiminy Peak in Hancock MA. The view was amazing, however our happiness did not last long. The check in was pretty smooth and that’s where the “pretty” and “smooth” ended. We found out that our room was not clean. The fridge was extremely filthy and the freezer area was not defrosted for months. Our bed sheets were not changed after the last customers and we found ugly black hair all over the sheets which were wrinkled after the last guest. The toilet seat was loose and far away from “clean”. After we called customer service they sort of cleaned out the fridge and replaced our sheets. However after two days the toilet seat was not repaired. The house keeping only changed our towels but failed to clean the room or replace the used toiletries.
The service at the local tavern which I cannot recall its name was extremely slow and lacked in training. The wait staff continually forgot our requests. They were more interested in personal gossip then the clientele in the restaurant (which was only a quarter full).
The resort needs a lot of cleaning (preferably with bleach), facelift, and major staff training.

3  Thank chop-chop-1