Country Inn at Jiminy Peak
Vacation Village in the Berkshires(Hancock)(Great Value!)
$135
  • Pool
Berkshire Valley Inn(Williamstown)
$129
$119
$52
$50
The Springs Inn(New Ashford)
$150
$125
$121
$65
Travelocity
Yankee Suites Extended Stay(Pittsfield)(Great Value!)
$100
$90
Berkshire Inn(Pittsfield)
$79
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjiminy peakski resortjohn harvardmountain parksummer activitiescalled the front deskfall foliagefull kitchenskiersconveniencetubstoasterrefrigerator
Reviewed June 23, 2007

While attending a summer event in Williamstown, we opted to stay at Jiminy Peak in order to have a kitchenette and so the kids could enjoy the on site amusement area. We were surprised to find that the park only operates on weekends (at least in June). Also the best two attractions, the coaster and the slide are $8.50 per person, per ride. So for my husband and all three kids to ride one time was over $25; too high. Plus my 5 yr old was too small to ride either by herself and my 7 yr old too small to ride the coaster on her own but "thank you" to the park employee who offered to ride down with her. (Here's a tip: ask at the front desk for alpine slide coupons) Park aside, the Inn is very large and extremely confusing to navigate with big steel doors blocking all paths and staircases that who knows where they end up. Felt a bit like "Hogarts". The room was very comfortable with nice appointments like marble sinks, circular shower curtains, new carpet, and decent foam pillows. The kitchen was very mediocre in terms of the items it was stocked with. We had minimal utensils but our neighbor had 9 spatulas. ?? The fold out sofa was actually comfortable. The restaurant had good food but was incredibly slow, and as others have said, the market on site, is highly overpriced ($5 for 1/2 gal milk, $3 for a block of cream cheese), but the service at the market was very friendly. The pool was heated and nice and no one seemed to have a problem with children using the large indoor hot tub which was nice. So all in all it was a decent stay. Would we stay there again? We're undecided.

Stayed: June 2007
3  Thank KikisDeliveryService
Reviewed May 19, 2007

I stayed for 2 nights for a conference, this place is in the middle of no where. I arrived late (after 9pm) and nothing was open for dinner, not even a vending machine.
The room was a small but clean 1 bedroom, 1 bath. The tv didn't work and was I informed the front desk , still it still wasn't fixed.
Overall, I wouldn't stay here again unless thier was a conference I needed to attend.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2007

This past winter I decided to check out Jiminy. I live within an hour driving, but had decided to to stay over night in one of the condos they have. I ended up in a one bedroom over in the new JJ's lodge and it was great! It was a beautiful room, and very close to the slopes. All I had to do was get all my stuff on and walk right out to the slopes. Everything was great there. I wanted to try snowboarding so I signed up for a lesson, and they were wonderful to me. Overall I had a great time and would deffinately go back! I took a few picture while I was there just to show you all the geogeous rooms they have in the new lodge.

2  Thank sarypooh
Reviewed February 17, 2007

Cheaply built, smelly, noisy, run-down, no service, management non-existent, no parking for guests, ski school lost our child then his skis, an overall horrible experience for over 500 dollars a night.

1  Thank davidsdadGreenwich
Reviewed August 18, 2006

I got a good buy through a special internet referral "code" which I used when booking at the hotel website - $75/night for weekday nights. Rack rate is $169, and other "specials" were openly available for $129 at the time.

We arrived at 3:15pm on Monday, to stay through Friday. Check-in is advertised as 4pm, and the room wasn't ready, so we went and had a late lunch at Christiansen's Tavern. Good food, good service, reasonably priced for "on-site" dining Our $40 lunch, including 2 beers & 20% tip, would have been well over $60 at Disney or a Beach Resort.. We went back to the front desk to check-in at at 4:15pm. The room still wasn't ready. Cooled our heels in the dishevelled lobby, along with other guests in similar situations, and got our keys at 4:30pm. Be careful with the room keys -- we needed 4, and were told the limit alloted was 5, and no additional keys can be provided without a charge. The requested first floor, one bedroom junior suite was provided -- but there are steps from all approaches -- no ramp access. That meant the limited number of luggage trolleys were of reduced assitance. The claim is that the room was renovated about 2 years ago -- but it might have been measured in "dog years". I would have been upset if I'd been charged the advertised rate of "from $169/day", but at $75/day, you get what you pay for. Before heading out for the evening, we went to make up the pullout bed, but there were no sheets.. We tried calling the front desk, but always got a busy signal. BTW - that seemed to be the case every time we tried caling during the rest of the week. I went to the front desk to ask to have the sheets provided while we were out, and suggested that it would be nice if we returned to find the pull-out made up in exchange for the incovenience. When we returned with tired kiddies and some Chinese take-out in hand at 10pm, the sheets were in a plastic bag in the room, so we made up the bed. We went to take plates out of the cupboard, only to find them dirty & dusty. A quick rinse gave us what we need for the meal. Everything else went into the dishwasher. We'd hoped to run it at night, but it was way to noisy. Getting to sleep wasn't bad - the AC worked, and it made enough noise to cover the banging from the the people in the room above playing trampoline. Next morning, a trip to the workout room found the treadmills occupied by 2 smiling 30-something individuals. There's also a stairmaster & other equipment. After doing an hour using other equipment, the smiling individuals were still on the treadmill. We surmised the smug smiles were because they had the treadmills and weren't going to let anyone else use it. A posted policy with directions on how to share the equipment (or maybe more equipment) would have been welcomed. We decided to do our walking outside.

We'd brought breakfast cereal & snacks, so we hand washed enough dishes & utensils to eat, and ran the dishwasher upon leaving the room. The hairdryer wasn't working. Again a stop at the front desk on the way out. When we returned at night, the hairdryer'd been replaced with one that worked and the old one was in the trash.

The amusements showcase a new mountain coaster and an older alpine slide. The people before us in the ticket line purchased some individual ride "points", and realized they would have been better off with a 1/2 day pass -- but the ticket seller refused to change them over. We purchased all day (11 am - 9pm) passes for the kids. Instead of the $46 cost, we reminded the ticket seller of the mid-week reduced rate of $35, which she claimed to be unaware of, but did go along with. A group of 20 or more would have paid $25. Since they pull individuals and busloads of folks from outside the resort, I'd've thought that a special price for resort guests would have been in order -- similar to the group rate, but there is no such thing offered. The "unlimited" wristband allows only 5 alpine slide rides, but that turned out to be just enough as we spent 2 hours there, 11-1, and returned again for another shift from 6-9pm. The new mountain coaster is unlimited and is very unusual. It can be "spooky" after dark. The only painful wait was for the Euro-bungee trampoline. Our kids learned the hard way, and eventually had us wait in their place -- two adults starting at the end of the line holding space for two kids. When we joined the line, there were 6 "bodies" in front of us. That should have taken 15 minutes - 5 min/turn with 2 trampolines in operation. But, those 6, including 2 parents & 2 grandparents, became 14 young riders, resulting in a 35 minute wait. There was almost no-line at the rock climbing wall, so it became an "as much as you want" ride. The 6-passenger scenic chair lift didn't seem to be operating, but we didn't ask either. The Giant Swing was having some intermittent difficulties, as it occasionally spun in unintedend spirals. I didn't learn that until AFTER my kids had ridden, or I wouldn't have let them go on it.

When the rides closed at 9, we went for dinner, again at Christiansen's Tavern -- NOT!!. It closed, at 9. Fortunately, we had enough food in the room to scrape togehter a dinner. Finding anywhere to eat in the area that late is difficult. It was then another night with the elephant herd upstairs, but I'm sure our neighbors probably felt the shrieks of our children were equally as unwelcomed.

One day, along with the daily $5 for housekeeping in the provided envelope, we attached a note asking for some additional towels. Upon returning to the room, we had FEWER than usual, and the kitchen towels were gone!!!! A trip to the front desk got it rectified.

The rest of the visit was uneventfui. On checkout day, we asked for a late checkout of 11:30, instead of the posted 10:30, and were accomodated, but were told that was the absolute latest permitted.

The area has beautiful scenery, and enough to keep one busy. I'd caution that if you have teen-aged children, unless they are American HIsory or Architecure lovers, they will be bored out of their minds. It seems best for couples and young children.

One other caution. It wasn't apparent on the website, but they have a "cancelation penalty" that is a minimum of one-night's cost, and that's with a 21-day notice. That penalty increases after that as the actual reservation date gets closer. While it didn't impact me, I suggested to them that it should be prominalty displayed on the reservation confirmation page.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family