“Excellent value for this above average Inn.”

Country Inn at Jiminy Peak
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hancock
Brooklyn, New York
“Excellent value for this above average Inn.”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We recently visited midweek for a few days of skiing at Jiminy Peak. The price for 2 nights lodging and skiing throughout our stay could not be beat. We had been going to Killington and staying at the lodge there for this past few years, and this was about a quarter of the price. Granted the mountain is much bigger at Killington, but Jiminy Peak is big enough for a couple of days of skiing. The Country Inn at Jiminy Peak is a great option if you are looking to save a little $$$, and do not want to travel for 4 plus hours from NYC.

The Country Inn is not a fancy lodge, but was comfortable and was truly ski in/ski out with a lift right outside the back door. The Country Inn does look a little worn in spots, but how could it not with tons of people stomping around in snowy ski boots half the year. The rooms were spacious, and clean. There was a living room and a separate bedroom, each with a television. The king bed was comfortable. We both slept well.

All rooms have kitchenettes, which is one of the main reasons we chose to stay here. We were able to bring some groceries and prepare most meals. There was a refridgerator, a stove top, microwave, and toaster. This allowed us to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in the room. This helps save money on overpriced food on or near the mountain. We did have a dinner at the on site restaurant, John Harvard's, and we both really enjoyed our burgers.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We were able to check in about an hour early (about 3 p.m) and had no issues throughout our stay.

There were only a few negatives: We did not find the pool area to be that inviting, and some noise from the hallways could be heard in the room. However, these were only minor issues and did not really detract from our stay.

We enjoyed our stay and would definitely visit again. It helps that we got close to 2 feet of fresh powder while we were there!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
JiminyPeakMtnResort, Front Office Manager at Country Inn at Jiminy Peak, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful review regarding our resort and our staff. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your room and our amenities. Our midweek ski package value is unbeatable! We’re glad you made the decision to stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next vacation!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Connecticut
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband, large family and I stayed here for 2 nights for my cousin's wedding reception....what a blast!! We were there on Labor Day weekend and it poured but it was still fun. Check in was easy, getting to our room was a little complicated because we had to drive to another area and we had a clicker for the gate to get into our parking lot. Our family was kind of spread out all over the place throughout the resort which was a bummer but we dealt with it. Our room was beautiful! My Mom and aunt were across the hall and had a great room at the bottom of the hill, what a view I can imagine that would be in the winter! As soon as you walked into our room, there was tile before stepping on carpet to the living room. The tile was extremely slippery but as you walked in and out over the 2 days it became less slippery, however I can see how that could be dangerous. The bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean and updated and there were two tv's, one in the bedroom, one in the living room. My cousin's reception was beautiful in the reception room up the hill. Even during the big thunderstorm we were in, it was wild to see the lightning light up this room that was full of windows. We didn't go on any of the rides but it was a blast watching people on the giant swing and alpine slide. We did utilize the pool, while it was heated, it was still chilly. The outdoor jacuzzi wasn't working which was a bummer and we didn't go inside to the others. All food was delicious especially the breakfast at John harvards. Don't forget to stop by the general store....great little shop! This place is not just for the winter but a great place to stay in the summer. I also hear that during the Halloween season they have a cool haunted hayride at the top of the mountain with the employees dressed up in Hollywood makeup. That is a must to check out some day. I would recommend this to all types; couples, families, friends.

Room Tip: If you like to people watch, try to get a room at the bottom of the hill so you can look out your wi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our resort. We agree; Jiminy Peak is a great place to have a Wedding reception. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed yourself. We appreciate the fact that you will recommend our accommodations and amenities to your friends and family. We look forward to welcoming them and hope to see you again soon!
Methuen, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Just spent a few days at this inn. The inn itself is very nice though it could use some refurbishing.
the suites a very nice and very well appointed. The only complaint I have is that the pillows were very hard and uncomfortable. Definately not down!. The bed was very comfortable. The heating system is in the bedroom which makes it overly warm and dry while sleeping. The living room however stays very cool. Also, the main restaurant sas closed the 2 days that we were there so we had to drive 10 miles down the road for a decent dinner. All in all though the place is decent and I would recommend it for a short ski trip or fall foliage trip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
JiminyPeakMtnResort, Front Office Manager at Country Inn at Jiminy Peak, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent trip. Each year we make significant investments to the Inn. John Harvard’s was closed for those two days to install new flooring. We realize guest’s need a place for dinner so the Christiansen’s Tavern was available for dinner while the restaurant underwent its improvements. As for the pillows, I’m sorry to hear you found them uncomfortable. We don’t have down pillows, as many people are allergic. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next vacation!
North Bellmore, New York
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our New Year's trip to Jiminy Peak. The Country Inn was fantastic! It was clean, and so convenient to "ski in/ ski out". It was a quick walk any where in the village. We walked to dinner at Christensen's and just walked upstairs to dinner at John Harvard's.
Our room was great, though a bit small for our family of five. Housekeeping did a wonderful job keeping it neat and clean.
By the way, the ski conditions were great! the snowmaking team did a fantastic job keeping all the trails covered with snow, even after a rainy Sunday. New Year's Eve torchlight parade and fireworks were spectacular!
We are looking forward to our next trip in March!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
JiminyPeakMtnResort, Front Office Manager at Country Inn at Jiminy Peak, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are pleased to know you enjoyed our annual Torchlight parade and fireworks on New Year's Eve. It has become a popular way among guests to ring in the New Year! We look forward to seeing you again in March.
CENTRAL NJ
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed at the Country Inn at Jiminy Peak between Christmas and New Year's. The hotel was great. I would definitely go back. Our room had a bedroom and a living room and was overlooking the slopes. The hotel staff was friendly. Cookies and coffee in the afternoon was a nice touch. I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the ski slopes. It was nice not having to drive to the ski area. We could just walk there. Loved the John Harvard restaurant right in the hotel. It was very convenient, and the food was great. Be sure to make reservations in advance to avoid waiting in line for 40 minutes or more.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room overlooking the ski slopes. The view was nice, but I woke up at 2 am one day to...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a wonderful review regarding our resort and our staff. We’re happy to hear you found the convenience of our Inn and amenities enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next vacation!
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My family has stayed in the Berkshires time share for about 5 years now. My oldest son learned how to ski when he was 4 and the staff caters to the children. Classes are smaller and focused to maintain learning and safety. The lift lines are fast and crowds are minimal. Additionally, Tyler Fairbanks (owner) and his staff are the most genuine people I have ever met. My grandfather had a massive heart attack and passed Jan 2013 and they did everything possible to assist him during his passing. Also, they went above and beyond to assist my family and console my grandmother losing her husband after 51 years while on vacation. Unimaginable shock, but this resort gave us strength and stamina to pull through with the sincerity of strangers. I plan on returning after a year long debate on if I was ready to face a fear, I'm still unsure but my son is begging to go to Jiminey Peak this year:)

Add this quaint and loved filled resort to your bucket list. It's simply amazing and I have some of the biggest and saddest memories, but I gained a sense of security in strangers that will go above and beyond with not a thing to give in return.

• Stayed January 2013
JiminyPeakMtnResort, Owner at Country Inn at Jiminy Peak, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
“Thank you so much for your kind words. We work so hard every day to make every guests experience at Jiminy fantastic, but sometimes, when tragedy strikes, you have to rely on pure instinct and simply do the best you can. We are grateful and humbled for the affinity you have for us and our team. We understand how bittersweet a return trip to Jiminy is, and welcome you back with open arms.” Tyler Fairbank
Columbia, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This is the second time we stayed here and I must say I liked it better the first time. I agree with the other reviewers that it could use some updating and refurbishments and I saw that in just a year and a half.

I like that the rooms are suites and spacious with full kitchens. The room could have been a bit cleaner and it had a lot of miscellanous things taking up room from the owners (since it is vacation ownership). The toilet had some strange bars on it, even though it was not supposed to be an accessible room. The heat was very hard to regulate. It was freezing when we got in there and the heating unit was only in the bedroom so the living area (where the kids slept on the sleep couch) was freezing. The next day we did not get any housekeeping until we called. Granted, my 4 year old slept late, but I saw the housekeeping staff in the hallway still cleaning after we departed. Also, when we called for service all we got was towels and garbage removed. You would think they would have neatened up since we were there. Also we were only given 4 large towels and after using the pool and then my husband exercising the next morning he did not have a towel.

The outdoor pool was way too cold to be open for outdoor use in the winter. Even the outdoor hot tub was not that warm. The indoor one was hot. But there were soda bottles and garbage around the indoor hot tub.

I had the do not disturb sign up on my door and the housekeeping was speaking very loudly outside our door and complaining about guests who were especially messy and dirty. I could hear the entire conversation inside my suite and my children were sleeping at this time. It was about 9 a.m. Besides the staff, there was no other disruptive noise.

It was very nice that they had a magician for the kids for Apres Ski and hot chocolate and cookies. John Harvards was very good. I was they had some more restaurant choices and some more shops. Could be a really nice little village.

The staff was overall very friendly and pleasant. Donna and Bernice at the front desk were very nice and helpful and the door valets in the front were super friendly and helpful too.

Jiminy Peak is very family oriented and my daughter had a great time skiing at Kids Rule. We would return to Jiminy and hope they keep improving and adding on to the village and have more dining and lodging options.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor this time and 2nd floor last time. I think I liked the 2nd floor better...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
JiminyPeakMtnResort, Front Office Manager at Country Inn at Jiminy Peak, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for your return visit! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many of our amenities and appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff.. We use guest feedback to continue to improve our resort and processes. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next vacation!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hancock
Vacation Village in the Berkshires
Wyndham at Bentley Brook
Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
Crowne Plaza Pittsfield
Crowne Plaza Pittsfield
#5 of 8 in Pittsfield
Hilton Garden Inn Lenox Pittsfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox

Been to Country Inn at Jiminy Peak? Share your experiences!