We recently visited midweek for a few days of skiing at Jiminy Peak. The price for 2 nights lodging and skiing throughout our stay could not be beat. We had been going to Killington and staying at the lodge there for this past few years, and this was about a quarter of the price. Granted the mountain is much bigger at Killington, but Jiminy Peak is big enough for a couple of days of skiing. The Country Inn at Jiminy Peak is a great option if you are looking to save a little $$$, and do not want to travel for 4 plus hours from NYC.
The Country Inn is not a fancy lodge, but was comfortable and was truly ski in/ski out with a lift right outside the back door. The Country Inn does look a little worn in spots, but how could it not with tons of people stomping around in snowy ski boots half the year. The rooms were spacious, and clean. There was a living room and a separate bedroom, each with a television. The king bed was comfortable. We both slept well.
All rooms have kitchenettes, which is one of the main reasons we chose to stay here. We were able to bring some groceries and prepare most meals. There was a refridgerator, a stove top, microwave, and toaster. This allowed us to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in the room. This helps save money on overpriced food on or near the mountain. We did have a dinner at the on site restaurant, John Harvard's, and we both really enjoyed our burgers.
The staff was friendly and helpful. We were able to check in about an hour early (about 3 p.m) and had no issues throughout our stay.
There were only a few negatives: We did not find the pool area to be that inviting, and some noise from the hallways could be heard in the room. However, these were only minor issues and did not really detract from our stay.
We enjoyed our stay and would definitely visit again. It helps that we got close to 2 feet of fresh powder while we were there!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Country Inn at Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort is an all-suite hotel located centrally in Berkshire County. Winter guests enjoy slopeside access, roaring fireplaces in the lobby and an outdoor heated pool, open year round. Summer guests can take advantage of its immediate proximity to Mountain Adventure, Jiminy Peak’s collection of mountain-themed rides and attractions. Guests staying at the Country Inn have easy access to John Harvard’s Restaurant and Brewery located on the 3rd floor, as well as the Country Store, just a minute’s walk from the hotel. Also nearby is Just Jiminy, a logo shop for all your souvenir needs and in the winter Mountain Sports by Potter Brothers can equip you head to toe in new gear. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn at Jiminy Peak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn At Jiminy Peak Hotel Hancock
- Country Hotel Hancock
- Country Resort Hancock
- Country Inn Jiminy Peak
- Country Inn Hancock
- Hancock Country Inn
- Jiminy Peak Hotel
- Country Inn At Jiminy Peak Berkshires, MA - Hancock