“great holiday ski days”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hancock
Country Village at Jiminy Peak
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
“great holiday ski days”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

this is a perfect place to spend some days with your kids on the slopes. There is sufficient and friendly and dining- easy for us all to eat apres ski. Kids are skiing in a safe environment and really enjoyed it with their friends. They had enough freedom as well as safety - and had the time of their lives.

Room Tip: This is a family oriented ski resort- places have bedrooms & kitchenettes for convenience and co...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Louise L

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed at the Country Village over Martin Luther King weekend in 2013. I was concerned that the unit would be old, but it was lovely. It had been updated and even had a small jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. There was plenty of space in the foyer and the large living room for our skiing gear. The two bedrooms were comfortable - one with two twins and the other with a king bed.The staff was very friendly. The only inconvenience is that the units are a bit of a walk from the slopes. There was a new shuttle service, but it was $8 each way, so we opted to drive our car to the main parking area each day. We were in Village 3, which less than a 5 minute walk from the country store and the country inn, where John Hancock's restaurant is. We did opt to walk when we weren't carrying our ski gear. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Travel_Mary1
Westfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Normally we stay at the Wyndham Bentrly Brook II, but this year they were all booked. Our vacation was booked from December 28th - January 4th. Our unit was very spacious. Full kitchen, living room with huge sectional and electric fireplace. Both bedrooms were very good size. The masterbedroom sported a very comfy kingsize bed while the guest bedroom had 2 full size beds. This was a family vacation with my husband, myself, two young adult children and their boyfriends. Plenty of room for all. It would have been nicer if there were 2 bathrooms - but we made it work. Since there were 6 of us, I had facilities bring up more towels and face clothes. I gave room service an excellent rating, however there really isn't any room service, but everyone was incredibly nice and accommodating to any request we had. This unit was in an excellent location: around the corner from the Country Inn and John Harvard Restaurant and a short walking distance to the Country Store and the Ski Slopes. It is away from the hussle and bussle of the slopes, but still close enough to be part of the community if you wished. Our unit was pleasantly clean and spacious. After reading some of the negative comments on Trip Advisor, I was hesitant of booking. You need to check in at the Country Inn and then drive over to the village (short drive). Helpful hint: I did call a few weeks prior to our arrival date and spoke to Kevin at Customer Service/Guest Relations at the Country Inn and explained all of the negative reviews and hesitations I had about booking there. He assured me our unit will be pleasing....and it was. Great time had by all....

Room Tip: Village #3 = first end unit. Call the Customer Service/Guest Relations line ahead of time to disc...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sonja_Hutchins
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stay far away couples!
There Memorial Day weekend and I have never been so turned off by a hotel. It all started with check-in -- no checking in without my driver's license..I wasn't driving and they wouldn't accept my boyfriend's...Luckily my license turned up!
The really great welcome though was entering the lovely elevator with the carpet that hasn't been changed or even cleaned since I would guess 1970. I can’t even imagine the germs in that stinky elevator. For a property not to take the care to ever change that carpet – for what – 20 dollars, says a lot right there.

The 2 room suite – kitchen was still from the Brady Bunch era. The carpeting too – wear shoes!! No dish soap (that would cost 99 cents!), so I wouldn’t use the cups or silverware as I doubt it was clean by past guests. Luckily the bathroom was fine and looked updated in the last 9 years.
The other plus was the bedroom had a door and this is necessity as the guests with the pizza party in the room next to us with 50..yes looked like 50 kids were loud. The bedroom door shut out the noise. The noise was only shut out since I had specifically requested a room with no noise/cross-traffic. This is a must! They put is completely secluded on end room of the opposite end of hotel. Still, we couldn’t escape the kids gathering outside in the hallway. Wake up, come out of room – and there they are right at the door!!

But the real bad news was the facilities. I complained only to get a few blank stares. I asked them - $175 for this?? Seriously..it was kiddieland nightmare. I have never seen more careless parents letting their kids over take everything. 20 jumping in and out of the germ-filled hot tub- all looked under the age of 10! An accident waiting to happen. No adult in site. Of course the tiny pool was taken over by so many kids, you couldn’t even see the water.
Think you are safe from the chaos in the ‘fitness center’..Think again. If you don’t slip and fall on your way there from the super wet floor from the kids – you make it in to the most decrepit gym you will ever see. Good luck getting a work out as half the machines are out-of-order. The noise from the hot tub next door is unbearable even with the machines on.
Good luck getting a work out as half the machines are out-of-order. The kid noise from the hot tub next door is unbearable even with the machines on! When 5 little kids then entered the gym (how did they get the key).. I had enough. Management came to get them out.

I told them it is not right they let 200 kids take over ALL the faciliites and keep the noise level unbearable at a resort. They told me it is a FAMILY resort. Oh, what is that - discrimination against child-less couples?? Well advertise it on Expedia as only a family resort then.

The biggest laugh was seeing the bar at John Harvard's taken over by the 200 kids. Chaos at it's greatest.

I hid in our secluded room and boyfriend wandered out to find bottle of water -- (no- they won't provide even one in your little fridge). He said by 10:30 it was finally all quiet.
Of course- kids screaming and running around all day with boundless energy, they must pass out early and sleep time is their parent's only escape.

Holy nightmare of a hotel. After this one, boyfriend and I have mutually banned self from booking future hotels.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lexi1980

Travelers are raving about these Hancock hotels

Glen Rock, New Jersey
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We decided to try out COUNTRY VILLAGE AT JIMINY PEAK since our usual stay with Bentley Brook was unavailable. Arriving late that in the evening Unit 84 was smelly, outdated and had mouse droppings on multiple beds! Would not advise at all! They offered us the building next door, which made no difference to us since all the units in that section most likely had mice. They eventually gave us Unit 33 which was updated, but it still did not feel as comfortable. We made the best of it given our late arrival. We left the next day.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gkneebikini
Wayland, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We stayed at the Country Village this past summer when visiting western mass and found it was a great option for us as a family with young-uns. Staying inside a single room hotel room gets old quick and the place we stayed in here was essentially a small apartment- 2 bedrooms, living room, full kitchen with dining room and deck. We were the only people staying in our particular group of townhomes and it was peaceful and quiet. My only gripe about the place is that it is a bit run down. I don't mind 'old' but there were some broken blinds, window ac held in with duct tape and old carpeting. On the flip side, the price was very reasonable but I wouldn't mind paying more if they'd fix these things. I would return should we visit the area again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We have come here for two years as a group and have had a great time. Brenda at the the front desk ROCKS. She alway tries to accomdat everybody. The staff at the arial park are awesome as well. The rooms need to upadating but you get what you pay for. The rest of the staff seem to be quite confused as to what is going on. Have not been here during ski season but you kind of feel as though you are in a time warp there. The rates are great and the good time by all in our group keeps us coming back. Mustachio.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank JordycatConnecticut
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hancock
Vacation Village in the Berkshires
Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
Hotel on North
Hotel on North
#1 of 8 in Pittsfield

Been to Country Village at Jiminy Peak? Share your experiences!