“Very dissatisfied with the whole experience.”
Review of McLaddens - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
McLaddens
Cuisines: Irish
Stafford Springs, Connecticut, United States
“Very dissatisfied with the whole experience.”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I went to dinner with my fiance last night looking for a nice night out and came home very dissatisfied. We had to wait a bit to be seated which was no big deal and expected. Once we finally got seated we couldn't event see the menus it was so dark. We recognize they were trying to re-event the ambiance of a true Irish Pub yet we had to use the street lights shining through the window to see what we wanted on the menu. We had two different servers welcome us and ask us our beverage choices.

Once the staff figured out who are server was the night went from bad to worse. It took my fiance 15 minutes to get his beer and over 35 minutes before our salad/soup appetizer came out. She never brought any bread to the table we had to ask for it after we had already finished the salad/soup. The meals came out after an hour and his meal was supposed to come with mashed potatoes and came out with a baked potato instead with no notice from our server. There was no butter or anything served with the potato. I ordered the corned beef and cabbage dinner which was nothing special, (I had assumed it would be there speciality but I've had better) the potatoes were hard as a rock and cold. I had asked for pepper, and as she used the peppermill it was grinded all over my lap. The whole experience was not what we had expected and we will not be returning. Nice looking place with a disorganized service, with sub-par food.

• Visited March 2012

Easthampton, Massachusetts
“Not for me, but understandably likeable”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Went with a friend and my boyfriend for dinner on a Monday evening. Maybe that's why we had horrible service, but either way it kind of put a bad taste in my mouth. The hostess that brought over our menus after we sat there for a bit (in a fairly empty atmosphere) didn't even say anything to us until we greeted her...kind of weird and I don't even usually notice that kind of thing but it was awkward. The waiter wasn't great either and seemed like he was rushing us, or just eager to stop listening.

We got nachos to share and the sour cream was frozen. They weren't that great but there was a lot. I had a burger-it was cooked medium rare even though I asked for med. well, but it was pretty decent otherwise. The fries were really bad in my opinion. They seemed really heavy...maybe still full of grease or something, or maybe it was the heavy coating of spice, can't put my finger on it, but they gave you a lot, if you like that sort of thing. The corned beef reuben bf ordered had extra thick sliced corned beef and he couldn't even eat it; he didn't realize it was going to be that way, and it was a complete turn off. He probably will never eat anything from there again, lol.

Aside from the service and the food, I thought the restaurant itself was really nice. Dark and well thought out decorations. Somewhere I would certainly enjoy going if I were out with several people and just wanted to get some drinks from their impressive beer selection. The bar was pretty great, so as a bar I would give this probably a Very Good or Excellent, but as far as a restaurant--it was also not that good.

Maybe I'm just picky, but if you're looking for something new, give it a try---just don't get the corned beef reuben ;)

• Visited February 2012
CT
“Irish flair in the middle of Hampden!”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We've been twice since McLadden's opened up at the site of the former "Black horse" restaurant. It is awesome.

Service: Still very friendly.

Atmosphere: They really added a lot to the place. The bar area, which includes booths and tables, looks fantastic. Plenty of TV's for watching sports as well, along with a large DLP projection of a game on the wall. There is also live entertainment if you go on the right day.

Food:
We've only sampled the "bar food" types so far, but what we've had has us wanting to try more. The burgers are awesome. My son, 9, ate an entire "regular" sized burger he enjoyed it so much. The nachos are piled high (get them with chili, very worth it). The turkey burger was very very good also.

There is a separate dining area as well now. We haven't tried it yet, but we're looking forward to yet another trip here.

Highly recommend.