“Not for me, but understandably likeable”
Review of McLaddens - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
McLaddens
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Went with a friend and my boyfriend for dinner on a Monday evening. Maybe that's why we had horrible service, but either way it kind of put a bad taste in my mouth. The hostess that brought over our menus after we sat there for a bit (in a fairly empty atmosphere) didn't even say anything to us until we greeted her...kind of weird and I don't even usually notice that kind of thing but it was awkward. The waiter wasn't great either and seemed like he was rushing us, or just eager to stop listening.

We got nachos to share and the sour cream was frozen. They weren't that great but there was a lot. I had a burger-it was cooked medium rare even though I asked for med. well, but it was pretty decent otherwise. The fries were really bad in my opinion. They seemed really heavy...maybe still full of grease or something, or maybe it was the heavy coating of spice, can't put my finger on it, but they gave you a lot, if you like that sort of thing. The corned beef reuben bf ordered had extra thick sliced corned beef and he couldn't even eat it; he didn't realize it was going to be that way, and it was a complete turn off. He probably will never eat anything from there again, lol.

Aside from the service and the food, I thought the restaurant itself was really nice. Dark and well thought out decorations. Somewhere I would certainly enjoy going if I were out with several people and just wanted to get some drinks from their impressive beer selection. The bar was pretty great, so as a bar I would give this probably a Very Good or Excellent, but as far as a restaurant--it was also not that good.

Maybe I'm just picky, but if you're looking for something new, give it a try---just don't get the corned beef reuben ;)

Reviewed November 9, 2011

We've been twice since McLadden's opened up at the site of the former "Black horse" restaurant. It is awesome.

Service: Still very friendly.

Atmosphere: They really added a lot to the place. The bar area, which includes booths and tables, looks fantastic. Plenty of TV's for watching sports as well, along with a large DLP projection of a game on the wall. There is also live entertainment if you go on the right day.

Food:
We've only sampled the "bar food" types so far, but what we've had has us wanting to try more. The burgers are awesome. My son, 9, ate an entire "regular" sized burger he enjoyed it so much. The nachos are piled high (get them with chili, very worth it). The turkey burger was very very good also.

There is a separate dining area as well now. We haven't tried it yet, but we're looking forward to yet another trip here.

Highly recommend.