“Very clean pet friendly hotel”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Spending the night here now with my wife and two dogs. The rooms are adequate and then some. I was not expecting a refrigerator and a microwave. There are a ton of free HD channels and I got to watch the Bruins game. Did I mention free Wifi? Very happy except for the noisy upstairs neighbors.

Room Tip: I guess I would choose a 2nd floor room because the ceilings seem very thin and the upstairs guests...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oleg T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

So glad to hear you were pleased with your recent visit (We hope the Bruins game turned out good as well!) We are happy to offer free Wifi, HBO, and free HD channels to our guests on in-room flat screen TVs at no extra charge. I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy these during your stay. I will be sure to look into our options regarding noise cancelation from the floor above. In the meantime, our front desk staff is always on hand should you encounter any unnecessary noise from guest rooms. We hope to see you, your wife, and your two dogs again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The title says it. We have a kid in one of the area colleges and no visit is complete without bringing the family dog. We weren't at all impressed when we first visited a couple of years ago, but they seem to have rennovated the rooms over time and there's really nothing to complain about for the price. I tend to prefer accommodations that are at least a full star rating higher in terms of quality and amenities, but this place works for us and we are repeat customers. Now, if only some of the nicer hotels in the area welcomed pets...

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for being such a loyal guest. I am glad to hear your praise regarding our recent renovations. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the 5-College area.
Oleg Topic

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My recent stay at this hotel was satisfactory. The rooms were clean and in good condition. There was a nice hot tub and pool area, although I did not use them on this stay. There was good parking and good snow removal.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank jemclay
Oleg T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

I am glad to hear you enjoyed staying with us. We hope you have a chance to check out our indoor heated pool during your next visit to the Comfort Inn. Although we do not have a hot tub as you mentioned, I think it would make an excellent addition for the future.

The snow storm that hit Massachusetts this past Friday night into Saturday morning was the most severe we have seen in a quite a while. With some of our staff unable to make it out of their homes until late in the day on Saturday, it was the hotel owners you saw outside snow-blowing the parking lot and cleaning off guest cars. They join me in thanking you and all of our guests for your cooperation with parking during the storm. We wish you safety and happiness in the final few weeks of winter. Oleg Topic.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

A year ago I tried the Econolodge which is rated platinum, and wanted to compare the two. The building I was in is much newer than the Econolodge, with much nicer and updated furnishings. Everything here was fresh and clean, while the Econolodge, which has old carpeting, has a much older feel. While I had a positive experience both places, I am more apt to come back here. The service was friendly, the breakfast good. I would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: There is an older and a newer building. Choose the newer.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank VTyankee
Oleg T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are consistently looking for ways to update our hotel and in 2008 the newest and largest wing of our property was constructed. This winter is shaping up to be another era of big changes as we are in the process of building a new fitness center, a new and more spacious lobby, and adding brand new suites to our hotel. We also recently added rooms with king sized beds as well as two queen sized beds. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Obviously you are not going to have a 5 star experience. The hotel is very good value. Although it could do with some updating, the room was of good size, clean, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom fully functional and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Unlike other reviewers, we found the breakfast to be adequate.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your review. Our focus at the Comfort Inn is offering clean and comfortable rooms at affordable prices. I am glad to know that we met your expectations as a whole. We hope to see you in the future, should you ever find yourself in our area again.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Our room stunk of chemicals and was loud next to the main road. We didn't have a fridge like others mentioned. The breakfast wasn't very good and the staff person that stood there glaring at everyone like we were a bunch of misbehaved children made us uncomfortable and want to leave the breakfast area quickly. Why was she so mad? A bit pricey for the not so great quality. I'm really concerned about the cheap chemicals and what they might have done to us while breathing them in all night. I hope they fix it. I wish we had spent an extra 30-50 for a Sheraton or Marroitt.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your experience was less than favorable. I will be sure to look into additional options for our complimentary morning breakfast, hopefully next time you will find it more satisfying. In addition, the experience you describe regarding our breakfast personnel certainly is not typical of our establishment and I will be sure to bring this up with the entire department as a training exercise. Unfortunately as of this time, only about two thirds of our rooms have refrigerators in them. These rooms are assigned on a first come, first serve basis to guests who request them in advance. This winter, we have been adding more refrigerators and microwaves to our rooms and one of our goals for the future is to acquire enough of these amenities for every room to have one. I would also like to assure you that all of our cleaning products are purchased from an extremely reputable supplier and your health was in no way in any danger during your stay. We suspect that our extra-strength air freshener, which is reserved only for smoking rooms, may have been unknowingly used in your room. I have since reviewed our practices regarding cleaning products with our housekeeping department to ensure that this is not a problem in the future. Again I am very sorry for the issues you have faced. If you have any questions or would like to contact me I can be reached at 413-584-9816. We certainly hope you allow us to assist you with a future reservation, perhaps a room in a quieter location away from the main road, should you ever be in our area again.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Great Staff. I was arriving quite late from Bradley Airport and didn't know the area. I need yogurt to take medicine and when I called to get directions to somewhere close by to stop and buy some, the staff spontaneously offered to have some in the fridge in my room when I arrived. It is rare to find such kindness. The hotel is clean and a great deal for the price. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We are so fortunate to have such a dedicated and hardworking team and I will be sure to pass along your kind words. We look forward to seeing you during your next stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadley
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
1 mi away
Econo Lodge Hadley
Econo Lodge Hadley
#6 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!