“Great choice in Hadley/ Deerfield area.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Hadley
Burlington VT
“Great choice in Hadley/ Deerfield area.”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

A year ago I tried the Econolodge which is rated platinum, and wanted to compare the two. The building I was in is much newer than the Econolodge, with much nicer and updated furnishings. Everything here was fresh and clean, while the Econolodge, which has old carpeting, has a much older feel. While I had a positive experience both places, I am more apt to come back here. The service was friendly, the breakfast good. I would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: There is an older and a newer building. Choose the newer.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank VTyankee
Oleg T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are consistently looking for ways to update our hotel and in 2008 the newest and largest wing of our property was constructed. This winter is shaping up to be another era of big changes as we are in the process of building a new fitness center, a new and more spacious lobby, and adding brand new suites to our hotel. We also recently added rooms with king sized beds as well as two queen sized beds. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
USA
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Obviously you are not going to have a 5 star experience. The hotel is very good value. Although it could do with some updating, the room was of good size, clean, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom fully functional and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Unlike other reviewers, we found the breakfast to be adequate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. Our focus at the Comfort Inn is offering clean and comfortable rooms at affordable prices. I am glad to know that we met your expectations as a whole. We hope to see you in the future, should you ever find yourself in our area again.
NYC
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Our room stunk of chemicals and was loud next to the main road. We didn't have a fridge like others mentioned. The breakfast wasn't very good and the staff person that stood there glaring at everyone like we were a bunch of misbehaved children made us uncomfortable and want to leave the breakfast area quickly. Why was she so mad? A bit pricey for the not so great quality. I'm really concerned about the cheap chemicals and what they might have done to us while breathing them in all night. I hope they fix it. I wish we had spent an extra 30-50 for a Sheraton or Marroitt.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your experience was less than favorable. I will be sure to look into additional options for our complimentary morning breakfast, hopefully next time you will find it more satisfying. In addition, the experience you describe regarding our breakfast personnel certainly is not typical of our establishment and I will be sure to bring this up with the entire department as a training exercise. Unfortunately as of this time, only about two thirds of our rooms have refrigerators in them. These rooms are assigned on a first come, first serve basis to guests who request them in advance. This winter, we have been adding more refrigerators and microwaves to our rooms and one of our goals for the future is to acquire enough of these amenities for every room to have one. I would also like to assure you that all of our cleaning products are purchased from an extremely reputable supplier and your health was in no way in any danger during your stay. We suspect that our extra-strength air freshener, which is reserved only for smoking rooms, may have been unknowingly used in your room. I have since reviewed our practices regarding cleaning products with our housekeeping department to ensure that this is not a problem in the future. Again I am very sorry for the issues you have faced. If you have any questions or would like to contact me I can be reached at 413-584-9816. We certainly hope you allow us to assist you with a future reservation, perhaps a room in a quieter location away from the main road, should you ever be in our area again.

Travelers are raving about these Hadley hotels

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Great Staff. I was arriving quite late from Bradley Airport and didn't know the area. I need yogurt to take medicine and when I called to get directions to somewhere close by to stop and buy some, the staff spontaneously offered to have some in the fridge in my room when I arrived. It is rare to find such kindness. The hotel is clean and a great deal for the price. I will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are so fortunate to have such a dedicated and hardworking team and I will be sure to pass along your kind words. We look forward to seeing you during your next stay.
Paramus, New Jersey
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We booked this last minute and it seemed to be the only available room in the Hadley, MA area. We were visiting my daughter at UMass for a quick weekend trip. Unfortunately, the only room available was a smoking room. Neither my husband or I are smoker but we are not that sensitive to breathing second hand smoke. I didn't think it would be that bad so I went ahead and booked it. The room was way below average, outdated, stain on the bedspread, and a hard time to close the bathroom door. I figured we would smell the smoke from previous guests but when I tell you, after staying in the room only a few hours, I felt like I myself smoked a two pack. It was absolutely horrible. Luckily, we were able to keep the window open as we were on the second floor. Our clothes and my overnight bag had the stench of smoke in it. The only positive was the flat screen tv and the breakfast. Not sure how the non-smoking rooms are but this smoking room was horrible. BEWARE!!!!!

1 Thank mary1464
Oleg T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and the flat screen television in your room, however I will certainly be sure to have our maintenance department check the room for the cosmetic issues you mentioned. I am very sorry that we did not have a non-smoking room available on the particular weekend of your visit. We hope that you are willing to give us another try and stay in one of our non-smoking rooms the next time you are in the area.
New Jersey
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Never stayed in a Comfort Inn before and was skeptical. We were in town for a lacrosse tournament at UMass and was one of the few hotels left with rooms. I figured for one night how bad could it be. Most review said it was clean so that is always my major concern. We stayed in the newer building which was clean and comfortable. The rooms are smaller than the average hotel room but still comfortable in size. Beds are only a double but I knew that going in. One major flaw was the heater/air conditioner is right below the curtains. If you have the heat on (and I am sure you encounter the same issue with the air conditioner), the curtains blew right over you over the bed. I finally found a hair clip to secure the curtain with. It is in close proximity to Amherst and there are many stores right up the street. All in all was a good night stay but like I say, I thought it was a bit expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for the newer building. Ask for a quiet room and the put you in the back off the main road. A...
1 Thank SunfunNewJersey
Thank you so much for your comments. Cleanliness is so important to us and of course a concern to anybody staying in an unfamiliar hotel for the first time. We are very lucky to have such a dedicated and hardworking housekeeping department. I will certainly be sure to look into a solution for the window curtains blowing over the HVAC unit. I understand your outlook regarding our rates seeming a bit high on a busy night. Many factors affect the rates in the hotel industry including demand, special events in the area, the economy, and of course what the hotel itself has to offer. We certainly try to make sure that our rates match those of the other comparable hotels in the Hadley/Amherst area. We hope you had a great time at the lacrosse tournament and hope to see you again!
Woodsville, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Small room, clean, but the hallway smelled of deodorizer! Breakfast was fine for "free", but not great. The bed was not comfortable. Location not as desirable as the other parts of town, but seemed like a safe location. It did include a fridge which was nice!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am happy to hear your positive remarks of cleanliness and that you found the refrigerator to be useful. I am, however, sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your visit. It is especially of great concern to me that you did not find your bed to be comfortable. Fortunately, we are in the process of upgrading our facilities and in the past two months have replaced the beds in the majority of our rooms. We have also added king sized beds as well as rooms with two queen sized beds for additional space and comfort. I will certainly look into the deodorizer smell you mentioned. We definitely pride ourselves on our location, both for its safety and its convenience to both Amherst and Northampton. We hope you consider revisiting our hotel if you ever find yourself in the area again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadley
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Northampton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield Northampton/Amherst

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!