“Mmmmmm”

Add it.
Sofia's Praises
Cuisines: Polish
Reviewed August 21, 2010

OK, so today I'm riding along the Norwottuck bike path for the first time (moved to the area recently) and I see a sign that says "Pierogi, Ice Cream, and More!" Sadly, it was only about 10AM, which is a little early for ice cream and pierogi for me. But I thought, in an hour or two when I'm on my way back, some Polish food (and maybe some ice cream) is really gonna hit the spot, and, indeed, when I passed by on the way back, I was powerless to resist.

I got the Polish Plate, which was great. Two delicious, beautifully handmade pierogi, a galumpki (which I'd never had before), kielbasa, potato salad, and a slice of bread. I can't comment on authenticity because I don't know anything about Polish food, but I can tell you this much: everything was absolutely delish. I'm sure I ate enough to completely undo any calories I burned on my 30-mile bike ride, but I don't care, it was worth it. Next time I'm going to get something smaller and get some pierogi to go.

It's a small place and the service is very friendly.

3  Thank Kyle H

Reviewed September 28, 2009

I am from the Boston area now , but grew up in Western Mass. I know what real Polish food is supposed to taste like,as I grew up in a Polish family. I've tried different places in Boston..nothing can compare to the food at Sophias...the pierogi's are the best (don't tell my aunt)..The prices are excellent and the atmosphere is quant and friendly...If you are aound for breakfsast ...have the sunnyside up egg on a fresh potato pancake with a side of kielbasa topped with cheese...ask for a few pieogis too....Now that's the way to start your day...I try to make it a point to stop when ever I travel that way

Reviewed January 27, 2009

My family and I stopped in for a birthday lunch (tried it for the first time) and were absolutely impressed. Delicious homemade polish food, and such a cozy little place! Everyone was so friendly and it was almost like family. I highly suggest the polish plate; includes 2 pierogies, a golumpki, very tasty kielbasa, a side, (Go for the Kapusta, its out of this world!) and a slice of rye bread. They also sell polish pottery and have other food specials. It's now one of my favorite places to eat!

1  Thank capricornfae
Reviewed April 28, 2008

Sofia's Praises is off the bike path in Hadley, located on Railroad street. It has entrances from both the bike path and the road. The food is amazing. Best Pierogis I've ever had. They also have delicious ice cream, pies and meals. A great place to stop after a ride on the bike path. But remember, no credit cards, so get cash before you go.

1  Thank rkingman